CHAPTER 05; DAY 43

303 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER FIVE Day 43 // Week 7 // Friday

Since they were both owned a reputation, the news had eventually viral across the country. Some of Kris’ fans managed to accept the heartbreaking fact but some had decided to leave the fandom. After all, Kris wasn’t just having a fling this time around. Meanwhile for Jieun, she was congratulated by many and at the same time, rumors started to spread due to the fast happening event.

“They’ve engaged? I thought he was dating that model—”

“They look cute together but something doesn’t look right—”

“I bet they’re hiding something. Maybe she’s pregnant—“

Kris’ manager had decided to hold on a press conference for them, so they could end all the bad rumors that were spreading around. Jieun had also agreed to be there for Kris, just so they could appear to be more genuine, like every other in-love couple.

“You’re ok?” Kris asked Jieun as he took notice of her restless demeanor.

Jieun nodded her head. She had heard voices from the other side of the room, and it made her uneasy.

Kris took her right hand and let it hang in between his left arm. His eyes softened, giving her some sort of comfort. He gave her one last glance before he pulled the door open. They might not like each other very much but right now, they were very well in this together. She held onto his arm tighter as they stepped into the room and flashed were flickering at them relentlessly.

 

Day 44 // Saturday

“So, where are you taking me to?” Hyomin asked as she settled herself in Woohyun’s Audi Q7. It was her first time being in his car. She couldn’t deny that he looked especially handsome when he’s driving, though she just kept the thought to herself.

Woohyun took a glance at her, up and down.

“Wear something casual. And no heels.” Hyomin chanted. “Just like you said in your text.”

In contrast to what she had always worn, the outfit she was wearing was possibly the most casual she could be dressed in. She had chosen an army green bomber jacket as her outerwear for the day, with a white top underneath it, and black skinny jeans. She was also wearing her white Converse, her favourite sneakers of all time.

Woohyun smiled. “And we are good to go.”

“Go where?” Hyomin asked him, yet again.

“Surprise.”

Hyomin gave him a side eye and sunk herself back into the leather seat. “It better be a good place.” She joked and found herself smiling.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apart from the pregnancy, Kris and Jieun no longer had to hide anything after they’ve announced to the citizens about their marriage. Still, people had assumed that she was indeed pregnant because of their shotgun wedding announcement. They let people wandered because the others only needed to be convinced that they were in love with each other. Nothing more, for now.

Kris’ parents had flown from America as soon as Kris called and told them that he was getting married. Jaejoong had offered to pick up his parents-in-law since Kris couldn’t go to the airport—or anywhere at all without being stalked, especially this lately.

Meanwhile, Jieun had been helping Lina cooking for lunch.

“They’ll love you. Don’t worry.” Lina assured the nervous looking Jieun.

Jieun didn’t know why she was so nervous. She knew that this marriage wasn’t real, but the fact that they had to play pretend made her anxious all the time. Since two nights ago—when she had to lie to her whole family and since her grandfather had told them to get married—she couldn’t properly talk to Kris. Once again, she had to remind herself that they both had screwed up each other’s future.

It wasn’t long until Jieun could finally hear voices coming from the front door. The parents had arrived.

Lina washed her hands and smiled at Jieun, leading the younger female to the front.

As soon as Kris saw Jieun, he walked and stood by her. “Pa, Ma—this is my fiancée, Song Jieun.” He had introduced Jieun to his parents, in English.

Jieun bowed politely. Her face then subtly studied the elders. Now she could really see where Kris and Lina had gotten their attractive looks from.

His father was a smart looking Chinese man, seemingly strict as he flashed Jieun a bold yet a warm smile. His mother however, a full Korean woman, had sunshine all over her face as she smiled at Jieun brightly and pulled her into a hug.

Kris’ mother beamed as she softly pulled Jieun away. “At first I thought, why is he rushing to get married? But now that I look at you, I know.” She had gazed meaningfully at Kris.

Jieun shot a look at Kris. She figured that he hadn’t told them about the pregnancy yet either.

Despite that his parents still didn’t know the real reason, Jieun couldn’t help smiling. Lina was exactly like her mother. They were both beautiful, kind-hearted and their aura shone warmth to the others.

“If Kris ever be bad to you, tell me. I’ll sort him out.” His father, regardless of having a serious face, had made a joke in a broken Korean. Jieun smiled in return. She couldn’t help but wonder how would he react if he knew that his son had gotten her pregnant.

 

“We also have one more thing to tell you.” Kris began again, as they have had their lunches and now sitting in Lina and Jaejoong’s living room.

“The reason why we had to rush to get married is because—” He stopped. He couldn’t look straight into his father’s eyes. Jieun also looked down to her knees, knowing what he was going to say.

“Is because Jieun’s pregnant.” He finally confessed.

Slowly, Jieun looked up to find both Kris’ parents were staring at them in shocked. She was so scared, she could feel tears started to blur her vision.

The next minute was when Jieun started to sob. She hated her pregnancy hormones already.

“Oh.” His mother came up to sit next to Jieun and comforted her. “Sshh. It’s ok, it’s ok.” The older woman hugged the side of her shoulders.

His father calmly exhaled. “If you both love each other, then, we won’t take this as a bad news.” He had said, looking at Kris.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Shall we go on that T-Express again?” Hyomin asked Woohyun eagerly.

Woohyun was taken aback by her enthusiasm in fast rides. “Seriously?” He yelped, accompanied by his nervous laughter.

It wasn’t until last night when Woohyun had come up with the idea of taking her to Everland, one of the famous amusement parks in South Korea. It was all because of that advertisement he’d seen by the side of his email. Even though he wasn’t a fan of amusement parks, he just thought that it was a brilliant way to get Hyomin to spend the day with him.

“Nam Woohyun, if you’re scared of rides, why do you take me here?”

“I just thought it’d be fun for a first date?” Shrugged Woohyun.

“So, this is a date?”

“You don’t think it is?”

Hyomin studied his mischievous expression. “Well, I thought you were just going to take me for lunch--“

“But you are willing to spend the day with me?” He bombarded her with another trick question.

“Well, I guess—“

He smiled. “Then we’re on a date.”

 

Day 45 // Sunday

Both Kris and Jieun’s families had finally met each other and surprisingly, everyone had gotten along just well with one another. After they had had their dinner, Jieun’s grandfather, father and Kris’ father had been talking about nothing but engineering. Meanwhile, her grandmother and mother had taken Kris’ mother to the garden.

Lina and Jaejoong had to excuse themselves off early since Joona was getting sleepy.

While Kyungsoo couldn’t join them because of his group project, Jaein had also excused herself to do her homework.

Jieun and Kris were unwillingly being left alone with each other.

“It’s a great house.” Kris broke the silence.

“Thanks.” Jieun had simply answered.

Kris looked at her. “How are you feeling? Do you still have cramps?”

“Sometimes.” Jieun awkwardly replied, glancing up to his face. He was even more taller now that she was just in the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter