CHAPTER 06; DAY 46

303 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER SIX Day 46 // Monday

Chanyeol had just finished with his shower and he went to the living room only to find that Kris was not watching but instead, just staring at the TV. He had never seen his friend being the way he was at the moment, ever since Yoona broke up with him.

“Hyung.” He called out for Kris. “Hyung?” He called out again but received nothing from the other man. He waved his hand in front of Kris’ face.

Kris finally noticed Chanyeol’s giant hand flapping over his face. He jerked his head back.

“You’re so lost in your thought. What are you thinking about?” Chanyeol asked the older guy.

Kris shook his head. “I can’t do it.”

“Do what?”

“I can’t marry her.”

Chanyeol sighed as he sat down on the sofa, next to Kris. “So, what are you going to do?” He asked his troubled friend. The wedding was about to happen in less than two weeks now, but he couldn’t possibly get mad at Kris for changing his mind last minute.

“I don’t knowwww.” Kris covered his face, breathing out in frustration.

“I know I don’t have the right to say in this matter but I just want to remind you, that you did give Jieun noona your words. That you’ll take responsibility for what happened.”

Kris got himself off the sofa and grabbed his jacket. “I have to go and see her.”

“Hyung!” Chanyeol shouted but Kris had already walked out of the door.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was just passed ten o’clock at night and Jieun was still in her office. Her fingers were busy typing away on the keyboard, trying to finish off her work. Her mother and grandmother had already been nagging at her for overworking herself during her first trimester. Up to this day, she still couldn’t believe that she was pregnant. If it weren’t for all the vomiting, extreme exhaustion and constant cramps, she would have carried on staying in her office till late night and not expected anything. Then there were these confusing hormones that tend to happen when Kris was around. Jieun couldn’t help thinking how she would totally lose herself in Kris’ embrace last night. What was that all about? She used to hate the guy but last night, she even slept in his coat.

“Kris.” She exclaimed, taken aback by the familiar figure walking in into her office. She was baffled to see him at this hour, and without any notices. “What are you doing here? How did you know I’m still at work?”

“Jaein.” Kris replied her.

“Oh so are you two like best friends now?”

“I need to talk to you.” Kris had said, ignoring her last question.

Jieun’s head jerked back, slightly miffed by his serious attitude. “O. K. What about?”

“I can’t marry you.”

She didn’t blink, as she stared at him with no exact emotion. “What do you mean?”

“I can’t marry you, Jieun.”

Jieun was going to say something but she shut slowly.

“I’m sorry.” He had said before making his way out.

“So, that’s it?” Jieun bellowed. “I’m sorry?!” She mocked him. “Fine. If you want to walk away, I won’t stop you. I won’t force you to stay.” She stopped as all sort of emotions started rushing through her mind and body. “But you’re the one that have to tell my family and yours that this wedding is off.”

She didn’t even care about his decision, but she had sobbed uncontrollably as soon as he closed her office’s door.

 

Day 47 // Week 8 // Tuesday

Im Yoona walked into a familiar studio—one that she used to get called in before she started working back and forth in Paris. The staffs were rather stunned upon seeing her figure when she wasn’t even on the schedule. Everyone would agree that she wasn’t hard to work with but sometimes, she could still be a little puffed up.

“Miss Yoona, do you have schedule with us today?” The female staff with a bleach hair had asked her.

Yoona smiled and shook her head. “Oh no, no. I’m just here to visit an old friend.”

“Old friend?”

“Kris.” She implied, flipping her hair behind her shoulder gracefully.

“Oh.” The staff nodded her head.

“When will he be on break?”

“Actually he is on his break at the moment.”

“Perfect.” She expressed. “Thank you.”

She saw him sitting on the sofa, still the same good looking that he was. She walked up to the lounge area and placed herself next to him.

“Hi, Kris.” She greeted his surprised face. “You sure don’t look happy to see me.” She laughed lightly.

“Yoona. Wh—at are you doing here?” He finally began to speak.

“Thought I’d drop by to congratulate you on your engagement.” She smiled, almost mockingly. “And you’re getting married in less than two weeks, right? What’s the rush?” She asked him, not even trying to stop herself.

Even though no one was looking directly at them, they were no doubt trying their best to listen to the conversation that Kris and Yoona were having. Everyone knew that they used to be a couple—one of the most good looking couples, as most have branded them.

“Well, why not?” He tried to keep himself calm.

“So, she’s really the one for you then?” She raised her eyebrows. She didn’t look it but deep down, she was bursting with jealousy. She was the one who had left him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter