PROLOGUE; DAY 01

303 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
PROLOGUE Day 01 // Saturday

Song Jieun’s weekends would usually comprised of a laptop, a stack of file (strictly work only) and a mug of coffee (and a few more after that). To say that she had no social life would be an overstatement. She did go to clubs—once a month. And she did get invitations to parties—a bunch of them. She just thought that it was pointless to go to the parties where people only wanted to point out her flaws. She said she didn’t have a boyfriend, and the next thing she knew she was dating an actor that she hadn’t even heard of before. People only made rumours about her after all.

However for tonight, Jieun had been successfully persuaded by her one and only childhood best friend—Park Sunyoung, also known as Luna—to accept the invitation to Summer Gala in Jeju Island.

Chanyeol oppa has finally decided to go public. Unnie, I'm scared. Please come with me. Pleaseeeee. Luna's voice rang through Jieun's ears. Because she adored Luna, tonight, she had decided to abandon her laptop, her stack of files and her beloved mug.

Of course Jieun knew about Luna's relationship with Park Chanyeol, the notorious young model. She was the first to know; yet in Jieun’s opinion, Luna could do better than having a celebrity boyfriend. And then again, Jieun didn’t exactly hate Chanyeol. He was her junior in high school—even though he wasn’t as popular as he was now, Jieun knew they both have had a crush with each other ever since then.

After an hour in the air and twenty minutes on the road—they were chauffeured straight off from the airport, they finally arrived at the appointed five stars hotel. It won’t be an hour until the party started, but they had seen a group of people with huge cameras loitering around the lobby. They were none other than the press, the paparazzi and the fans. Of course, the Summer Gala was as popular as Coachella and the guests were mainly celebrities.

"Argghh unnie, how am I going to do this?" Luna shrieked in distress as soon as they checked in their suite.

"If it's up to me, I'm thinking of going back to Seoul. Right at this moment." Jieun muttered before her eyes met Luna's troubled expression. "Luna, take a deep breath." Jieun walked up to Luna and cupped her face in her palms. "You're going to be fine. You love Chanyeol, right?"

Luna nodded her head, almost too eagerly.

"Well, there you go. He's doing it for you and you're doing it for him." Jieun continued. "It's about time he shows off his beautiful girlfriend." Jieun assured Luna, receiving a huge grin from the younger girl. Of course she didn't support the idea of exposing Luna and having Chanyeol’s fans hating on her, but they both had the right to be happy and in love.

Luna's phone on the bed suddenly rang, surprising Luna who was serenely putting on her make up. She stopped putting the blusher on her cheek and darted towards her phone. She knew that the caller would be none other than her boyfriend.

"Oppa!" She squealed before she adjusted , trying to keep her voice calm. "Yes, I’ve arrived. I'm getting ready." She plopped herself on the bed, all smiling. "Oh, you're here? I'm in room 343." She told him. "You're in 344?! No way!" She bellowed, her eyes widened as she looked to Jieun. "Yeah, of course Jieun unnie is with me." She nodded her head. "I'll meet you in another an hour then? Ok—oppa!" She called out abruptly. "I love you." She whispered.

Jieun audibly sighed as she had heard Luna’s last sentence to Chanyeol. "I shouldn't be jealous but I think I am..." She expressed.

Luna hugged Jieun, squishing the older female a little tightly. "Unnie. Is there such thing as madly in love? Because I think I’m in one." She uttered, sighing helplessly. After five years of friendship, Chanyeol had finally confessed to Luna last year.

"I’m just glad that you’re happy.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"She's so cute!"

Kris scoffed as he looked at Chanyeol who were just on the phone with his girlfriend, looking ever so in love. As much as Kris loved women, he didn't want to believe in such thing as love at first sight or being in love. The ideas of giving his all, his time and his commitment were not his forte. He was only twenty-six. There was no need to rush—so he had always thought.

"Oh, hyung. Luna brought her best friend along. Maybe, you'd want to keep an eye on her?" Chanyeol wiggled his eyebrows at Kris before he had stopped, he then shook his head. "Actually, on a second thought. Forget that I asked you."

Kris turned to face his friend. "I actually am considering your first thought." He said.

Chanyeol bit his lips. "Ahhh—I shouldn't have said anything."

"Park Chanyeol, are you protecting the girl just because she's a friend of your girlfriend?"

"That too." Chanyeol muttered. "But she's really—" Chanyeol tilted his head as he tried to come up with a word that could describe Jieun—in a word. "Dangerous.” He pointed. “And she doesn’t do well—with a guy—like you." He stuttered, looking at the older guy guiltily.

Kris narrowed his eyes. "That hurts."

"Sorry. But you know what. I don't think she's your type anyway and you're definitely not hers—so, I think you guys are definitely going to stay away from each other." Chanyeol speculated his own theory, nodding his head to himself.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luna heard the knocks on their room's door, her heart jumped. She didn’t know why she was so nervous, but she was.

Jieun flashed an assuring smile to the younger female. She had offered to open the door, facing the familiar tall man.

"Jieun noona, it's been a while!" Chanyeol bowed his head slightly as he greeted Jieun.

Jieun greeted him back. "I feel like I’m sending my sister off to get married." She had whispered, smiling. "You have no idea how nervous your girlfriend is tonight." She then added, pulling the other female forward.

Chanyeol looked at Luna from her head to her toes, he then flashed a smile. Luna was wearing a deep night blue, high neck embroidered lacy dress that clung onto her body, showing off her curve. The colour of her dress matched Chanyeol's attire - black buttoned up shirt with one piece dark blue suits, along with a black and deep blue polka-dot bow tie. Even in a pair of three inches heels, Luna still looked small standing next to Chanyeol. "You look beautiful." He had whispered to her.

"Ehemm..." A deep voice behind them had suddenly interrupted.

Luna greeted Kris as soon as she saw him standing behind Chanyeol. Both Chanyeol and Luna had then introduced Kris and Jieun to each other.

As Chanyeol and Luna walked hand in hand into the lift, Jieun and Kris tagged along behind them.

Kris couldn't help glancing towards Jieun—the one whom Chanyeol had told him to stay away from. After a little polite nod that she had given him earlier, she hadn't once looked at his way.

She really doesn't like me, then? Kris' thought was bugging inside his head.

Kris dared to keep his eyes on her as he leaned against the wall in the lift. His eyes roamed around the sight of her petite body. She was wearing a cross halter neck, tulle little black pencil dress. Simple, yet, attractive enough for Kris.

Finally realizing that her eyes were looking back into his, he steadied his gaze. He flashed her a smile and she looked away, unwaveringly.

Seriously? Kris thought, beginning to feel provoked by her ignorance.

"You're ready?" They heard Chanyeol's voice, asking Luna. Luna looked at Jieun and back to Chanyeol, she nodde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter