Science Partners

Supa Luv

When we got back to class, Ji Yeon Teacher told us to line up with our bags against the wall.

"When I call out a topic, step forward if you chose it and find a partner, alright?"

We all nodded and she started saying topics.

"Biology."

Some people stepped out.

"Alright, sit with your partners at one of the front desks."

I laughed inside. If that had happened when I was in California, they would've been like "UHHNNNG." Then shuffled to the front. I just put my head down and played with my hair until my topic was called.

"Physics, second row."

"Chemistry. . .wow, a lot of you chose chemistry. Start at the third row."

"Astronomy, oh it's just you two."

I looked up. It was just Ricky and me now.

"You guys are all the way at the back."

We walked back and sat at the desk and she went to the front of the room.

"Okay, here is what I want you guys to do. You and your partner are going to research a concept from your topic's chapter and the source can be from anywhere, as longs as it's credible. You will write a two page paper on it, discussing the general idea and going further into it. There should be examples and at least one person who had a large contribution to the concept. Along with the paper, you will need to present your research to the class. This can be orally, on a posterboard, in a PowerPoint, or by demostration. No one can have the same concept, so some of you will need to switch topics. I'm going to write all of the concepts on the board, and when you pick yours, come up and erase it. Also, your project is due in three weeks."

"So what did you want to do?" I asked him.

"You can pick. . .I actually don't know a lot about space."

"Then why'd you pick it?"

"Because the other topics confused me. . ."

I smiled. "It's okay, I like space. We'll do universes, okay?"

He ran up to the board, erased something, then said loudly, "UNIVERSES HAS BEEN TAKEN. WHAT NOW?"

Oh Ricky. . .

He sat back down and I showed him what pages to take notes on as I wrote.

 

Ricky's POV

Callie was smart. Well, I already knew she was, but I didn't expect her to be THIS smart. The stereotype of Asians being smart has just been ruined. By me.

I was pretty much copying down the whole book, and Callie closed her book and still kept on writing. I guess she did something like this before or she just already knew a lot about universes beforehand.

I kept writing, and as I copied down notes, I thought of how to get Callie to meet the rest of the band. If she lives in Cheongdam-dong, then when we go to our dorm after practice I might run into her. I wonder if she likes Starbucks. . . If she goes there today, then I'll have a higher chance of having her meet Chan Hee and Byung Hun since we go there after practice.

"Callie," I whispered.

She looked up at me. "Mhm?"

"Do you like Starbucks?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, good."

I went back to writing. That was kind of-- okay it was lame for me to just ask a random question then go back to what I was doing. Wait, I should probably ask something else.

"Are you going there today?"

"Maybe, why?"

"Just curious. . ."

 

Ricky so cute :3 So have you guys been liking this so far? Please comment, because i want to know if someone's actually reading~ ^-^ and i'm starting a new fic called 4 And 4 :) so if you could be lovely & check that one out too i will be eternally grateful! <3