Korean Experience

Supa Luv

When I got to my room, I put my backpack next to my bed and picked up the hanbok.

It was traditional, nothing like Cho Sun's*, but it was still pretty. The skirt was blue and the jacket was yellow and white, and the belt matched the skirt.

 

*Cho Sun - she's a character from the drama Sung Kyun Kwan Scandal, and her hanbok is SUPA fancy

*Gayageum - traditional string instrument, it holds "all of the sounds in the universe."

 

I changed into it then stood in front of the mirror to make sure it looked right. I straightened out the skirt, and I heard a knock on the door.

"Can I come in?"

"Yeah."

Eun Hee walked in. She had on hanbok too, and her hair was in a bun. "Ah, you look so pretty in it! Sit down," she said and patted the bed. "I need to do your hair."

I sat in front of her and she started to brush out my hair.

"I hope you don't mind what Seung Hyun is doing. He really likes to give our students a traditional Korean experience."

"I don't mind it, it's what I came for, right?"

"I suppose so," she said and started to braid my hair. "But if the hanbok makes you uncomfortable feel free to change."

"Eun Hee-ah, Stop undermining me," Seung Hyun told her and walked in the room.

"Aigoo, he always does this. But you know Callie, he doesn't have manners. He never really did, even when I met him! Who does he think he is? Walking into a lady's room without knocking," she said and poked him.

"How do you say that? When you wanted to see me you never even called beforehand, no matter how late it was! Callie, she would just walk over to my house and go through the front door like it was her own house!"

She tied off my braid then elbowed her husband. "Just go get the food ready you old ajussi." They smiled at each other before he went downstairs.

"By the way, you aren't planning on spending this Saturday with Gyu Ah and her friends, are you?"

"No, why?"

"Kwang Dae's showing is on Saturday and he wanted us to go. So how about it?"

"Sure, I haven't been to an art show before."

"Oh? Hmm, do you have any dresses to wear then? I know we didn't buy you any. . ."

I shook my head.

"No problem then, I'll go to Myeongdong and get you one then."

"Thank you!" I said and did a bow.

We went downstairs and as soon as we got to the table Seung Hyun started playing traditional music. "This is Eun Hee's favorite," he said. "It has a very nice gayageum solo."

Kwang Dae came out of the kitchen holding a platter of food.

"Why are you serving us?" Eun Hee asked. "You had a hard day, sit here and I'll do it."

"Mom, you worked harder than me, I'll do it."

She smiled at him then pat his head, even though he was about a foot taller than her.

We all sat down when he finished bringing out food, then Seung Hyun began pouring tea for everyone.

"So Callie," Kwang Dae said while we were eating. "Can you come?"

I nodded because I just ate some of the kimchi.

"Good. And do you know when you want tickets?"

"Could you get them for Teen Top's comeback stage?"

"Yeah, my friend owes me now anyway. I'll call him after we eat, okay?"

I gave him the OK sign as I drank my tea. Outside, I was relaxed and grateful, but on the inside I was like AAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWW YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!! and still grateful. 

 

Sorry for not updating for so long :( but I'll try to update more from now on! :)

And I found this amazingness on tumblr so I will share it with you :)

 

                                                                   

 

 

                                                                 

 

 

They so cute~! ^^