First Day

Supa Luv

In the morning, I rode the bus to school with Gyu Ah.

"So do you like the music here?" she asked awkwardly.

"It's why I wanted to come!"

"No. WAY. Who's your favorite band?"

"Teen Top!"

Her jaw dropped. "You are my new bestfriend. Case closed."

I grinned. "YAY!"

"Hey, you might even meet them! Changjo, Ricky, and Niel go to our school."

"Whaaaaaaaat???" I was about to fangirl.

"Yeah, you didn't know that? Haha, well you're all the way in another continent so it's okay. Come on, it's our stop."

She led me off the bus and we walked away from the stop and down this path that led to the school.

"You're Korean is pretty good by the way."

"Thanks. . . How bad is my accent though?"

"Not as bad as I thought it'd be."

I'll take that.

"Yah! You guys!" she called to her friends. When they all looked at her, she introduced me. "This is Callie, the new exchange student."

They all waved before introducing themselves.

"I'm Hyo Seon."

"Hei Ryung, hi."

"Hwa Young."

"Kyung Mi," she said with hug.

"And I'm Soo Jin."

"So whose class are you in?" Hei Ryung asked.

"Ji Yeon Teacher's."

"Us too!" Gyu Ah said excitedly and checked her watch. "Come on, it's almost time for class!"

We walked into the room and Teacher saw me right away and had me stay at the front of the room.

"Everyone, this is Callie," Ji Yeon Teacher announced. "She's our exchange student from America."

I waved to everyone. They looked back at me like I was some sort of alien. Well that was. . .welcoming?

"Ricky has an open seat next to him," she said and pointed to the empty desk in the middle of the room.

I walked over and my heart was kinda pounding. Ricky. Ricky as in Teen Top's visual maknae? Or some other Ricky? Why won't he stop digging through his backpack and look at me!?

I sat next to him and he just kept going through his bag.

"Has everyone turned in their essays?" Teacher asked.

"Not yet!" he turned around and whipped out a paper with page protector around it. He slipped out the paper and handed it to her.

"Thank you, Ricky."

I was about to look at him, but she called my name.

"So where are you from?"

"California," I replied.

"Ah how nice! I lived in San Francisco for a while, so if you need to speak English, go ahead because I can understand."

"Alright, thank you."

"What made you want to come to Seoul then? Don't most American students go to Europe?"

"I'm not sure if they do, but I wanted to come because of the culture. Especially the music."

"WHITE PEOPLE LIKE KPOP!?" Someone from the back yelled.

Some people laughed. "We do. And I'm half-Spanish!"

Teacher laughed and said, "Oh you need books, don't you? Ricky, go help Callie get her books."

"Okay!"

He got up and I followed him.

As we got the books from the library, he asked me, "So who's your favorite group?"

I almost dropped my science book. "Uhm. . . Teen Top." What if it is the Ricky I think it is? I hope he won't mind sitting next to a fan. . .

"Really?!" He looked up and smiled.

INTERNAL FANGIRL SCREAM~! IT WAS RICKY! OH MY GOSH! IT'S RICKY! I'M STARING AT RICKY! RICKY IS SMILING AT ME!

"Are you okay?" he asked.

I took a deep breath. "I'm like more than okay. I'm like, like, fantastic!"

He smiled again. I hoped he couldn't hear my heartbeat.

                                                                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ricky's POV

At first I was like, "Wow, she's really pretty!"

Then when I saw her kinda fangirling, I thought, "Aigoo, she's so cute!"

And when I looked at her during class, how focused and involved she was, I couldn't help but want to give her a hug.

So when we were excused for lunch, I asked her to sit with me. I didn't really wait for her reply, I just gave her enough time to put away her books and get her bag before pulling her outside. She didn't say no, right? And I'm from her favorite group, she really can't be mad right?