To Seoul~

Supa Luv

I woke up early, too early I suppose since I saw the sun rise, but I could make up my sleep on the plane. I ate breakfast alone since not even my parents were up. I ate quicker than I wanted to, but I went back in my room and got dressed. I put on my Rambo shirt and some jeans and brushed my hair and teeth. I washed my face and debated on whether or not I should put on make up. I decided not to since I wouldn’t be arriving in Seoul until late. I put all of my bathroom stuff in a carry-on bag and squeezed my face wash into those travel-size bottles and put my make up in.

I went back in my room and took out my luggage and put it by the front door. I looked around my room. It was messy, but a bit empty since all of my clothes and make up was gone. I laid back on my bed and remembered that I didn’t pack one of my Pillow-Pets or my shark or panda or Hello Kitty. I only should take one, but which one?

I lined them all up on my bed, closed my eyes, turned around, and reached for one. Shark it is. I put him next to my luggage then went back in my room.

I decided to clean it, since I wanted to come back to a clean room this summer. I picked up the soda cans and put them in the trash then started to make my bed. As I straightened out the blankets, I heard my parents’ door open.

“Callie,” my mom called as she knocked on my door. “Oh, you’re up.”

“Yeah, I woke up early. . .”

“Oh, have you eaten?”

“Mhm,” I replied as I put the pillows up.

“Well it’s eight-thirty right now so we’ll eat and get ready and take you to the airport.”

“Alright Mommy.”

She sounded sad and so did I. I’d miss her, and I know I can always call and stuff but it’s not like I’ll be able to go shopping with her, or have her pick me up from school anymore. . . Ah, I’m homesick and I haven’t even left the city yet!

We got to the airport late and I went through security and checked in my luggage as fast as possible. When I got to the gate with my parents, people were already boarding.

"Bye Mommy," I said and hugged her. "Bye Daddy," I said and gave him a hug.

I got in the small line and waved before I walked in. The plane was small, and only about twenty-five people were on there.

I had a window seat, and there was a seat next to me. I thought I would have it to myself, but a woman in her twenties came and sat next to me.

"Good morning," she said.

"Morning."

An attendant was coming around, telling everyone to turn off their phones and I got out mine and clicked the off button.

"So are you traveling by yourself?"

"Yep." I didn't mean to give short replies, but I was getting tired.

"Are you. . .visiting family?"

I don't even look Asian. . . "No, I'm a foreign exchange student. Um, why are you going to Seoul?"

"I'm moving there with my boyfriend, he's already there though."

"That's nice." I yawned.

"If you're tired you should sleep, if you're awake at night on a plane, it looks pretty cool."

I nodded my head before going to sleep.

 

"This is your captain speaking, we've now arrived in Seoul. It's about midnight here, so feel free to set your watches to local time. Thank you for flying with us, and have a good day."

"Hun," the lady next to me said and shook my shoulder.

"Ohh, thanksss," I said sleepily and blinked a few times.

"No problem. You slept for a while," she said and smiled. "I'm Nikki by the way."

"I'm Callie," I replied and stretched.

"Cool, nice to meet you. If you see me, say hi, alright?"

"Okay."

She smiled and waved to me before getting her bag and heading toward the exit. I got my bag and stretched again before leaving.

I found my suitcases pretty quick, then headed into the waiting area.

"Callie!"

I saw a couple walk towards me.

"Hi Callie, we're the Parks." the man said in English. "I'm Seung Hyun, and this is my wife, Eun Hee."

"Hi, nice to meet you. And I can speak Korean too, so we don't need to speak in English."

"We know," Eun Hee said with a laugh. "We just thought it would be easier since you must be tired. But come on, let's go home and you can get something to eat then go to sleep."

They grabbed my bags and led me out to their car.

When we got to their apartment, Eun Hee brought out rice, kimbap, and fish for me.

"We'll show you around tomorrow, and you can meet our neighbors. They have a daughter that's going to be a freshman at Heungjin too. You two will be taking the bus together, so you might as well learn to be friends."

I nodded as I stuffed my mouth.