Confrontation

My Boss is a (On Hiatus)

 

*Your POV*
 
"Work....As a singer?," I asked hesitantly.
 
"Well, you'd be a trainee, but eventually you'd get to the idol status if you worked hard enough," someone from the group further explained. I played nervously with my fingers, unsure about what to say, but I smiled.
 
"I'd love to."
 
***
 
"YOU'RE WHAAAAATTTTT?!?!?," Mi Sun screeched when I told her I quit and was going to become a trainee for another company. I smirked and leaned casually against the wall nearest to the door of my apartment, which she was standing right outside of, having come to bother me into writing another song for her. I really wasn't so confident in myself, but I wanted her to think I was in control of my own life now.
 
"You heard me. I already told your dad, and he was happy for me. There's nobody you can run off and complain to. Oh, and by the way, I also told the company about Sun Hee. She's actually auditioning right now," I informed her. It was fun seeing her facial expressions change from shock to anger, then to worry, because her career was ruined without me there to do all the dirty work, and Sun Hee there to make her look like she didn't just come out of a wrestling ring. Crossing her arms over her chest, she glared at me.
 
"You won't last a day. Your seniors will bully you and all the other new trainees. They'll leave bruises on both your body and mind. You'll come crying back to me, begging to be my assistant again."
 
She sounded so sure of herself as she said that, but I could see the uncertainty in her eyes. Mi Sun clearly hoped that I would fail so that I could go back to being her maid. I smiled knowingly at her and she flinched.
 
"My entire childhood was you bullying me. I think a bit more bullying won't harm me," I mused before waving goodbye and closing the door. I stood in the doorway until the sound of her heels fade, then turned and headed for my room to change into some work-out clothes. I did some stretching exercises before heading out the door to jog for a while. It was something someone from the company suggested, so it could raise my lung capacity, which seemed like a good idea. By the time I reached the corner, I could see Mi Sun's car driving off already. I took this as a good sign and kept jogging.
 
***
 
Panting, I finally made my way back home. The jog went smoothly, nothing out of the usual. When I walked in, I found Alyss sprawled on the floor with a guy I had seen around before, and they were playing video games, yelling at the characters on the screen.
"Sorry for intruding," the guy said from his spot, pausing the game to greet me. Too exhausted for words, I gave him an acknowledging nod and waved at Alyss before going straight to the kitchen to gulp down half a gallon of water.
 
"Did Sun Hee say anything about how the audition went?," I asked Alyss when I could finally breath normally. Alyss took a second to think, then shook her head.
 
"Oh, this is Taehyun, a friend I made a while ago," she explained when she felt the awkward atmosphere. Her friend Taehyun-ssi and I made eye contact and murmured hellos, then collapsed onto the couch. Just as I did, though, my phone vibrated.
 
Checking it quickly, I saw that it was a text from Sun Hee, who was almost begging me to meet up with her, so that she could tell me some juicy bit of news. Sighing, I took a quick shower and changed clothes before making my way out.
 
"Yun-unnie! Over here!," she chirped from her seat on a park bench. When I got to where she was waiting for me, a smile was spread on her face.
 
"I'm guessing the audition went well?," I tried, and she nodded her head furiously, clearly excited.
 
She then sat me down and told me all about the faces of the people around her when she sang, the song she had chosen to sing, and the verdict.
 
"You don't know how happy I am," she rejoiced, looking like a giddy schoolgirl.
 
I ruffled her hair affectionately, proud of her accomplishment.
 
"Who knows, maybe you'll debut before I do," I grinned, making her gasp and shake her head.
 
"No, no, no! I would never!," she countered, raising her hands defensively, making me burst into laughter and reach over to ruffle her hair some more.
 
"What's wrong? You're being oddly... touchy-feely," Sun Hee remarked, scrunching her eyes in confusion.
 
"I'm just happy. I finally got Mi Sun to leave me out of her business. Finally, she's going to see how worthless she is," I sang, smiling blissfully. With an approving smile, Sun Hee hummed.
 
"That's true. She'll be all alone," she acknowledged with a peaceful smile.
 
We grabbed a bite, and soon after, decided to call it a day and head home. I, however, still had something to do, which was confront CNU-oppa. So, I headed to the company he worked for, claiming I was still Mi Sun's assistant and that she had business with him when a new receptionist greeted me. She let me go up to the practice room, where he currently was, but told me that if they were still with the dance instructor, to either wait patiently or leave.
 
Luckily, when I got there, the guys were just lazing around. Baro-opa was the first to notice me, his eyes becoming the size of plates, and nudging CNU-oppa in the shoulder so he could turn to see me, too. When he did, his jaw dropped and, with the little energy he could muster, he jogged over to where I was.
 
"W-What are you doing here?," he asked, not bothering to greet me, but rather getting straight to the point.
 
"I finally mustered up the courage to confront you, so that's what I'm here to do. Well, that, and to tell you guys that I'm a trainee now," I explained, and he gave me a tentative, yet proud, smile.
 
"I'm so happy for you," he chirped, stepping out into the hallway I was in and leaning against the wall, tired.
 
"We can celebrate later. For now, I want to talk," I demanded, lips pressed into a thin, stubborn line when I stopped talking.
 
"Fine. What do you want to talk about?," he sighed, obviously uncomfortable.
 
"Were you serious? About what you said that night I ran out?," I began, voice soft and patient.
 
After a few seconds of silence in which he gathered his thoughts, he nodded.
 
"Yeah. I really like you, but it's been decided that I'll marry Mi Sun in a few years. It's okay, though, because I'll get over it, and maybe with time, I'll learn to love Mi Sun," he admitted, gaze set on the floor. I nervously tugged on my sleeves, not knowing what to respond.
 
"If our circumstances had been different... Would you have tried to be with me, instead?," I muttered out of curiosity. He gave me a longing smile, and I felt a knot form in my throat.
 
"We probably wouldn't have met."
 
_______________________________________________________
 
Err... Sorry for the almost-year-long wait. The first two months was me falling out of love with this story, then I re-read the whole thing, and eventually decided I had to better my writing. So, I started working on a collection of one-shots, Just You And Me, with which I explored different plots and character types, and on Winter Night, which is a whole other type of story. I know that this story isn't the best, and I left you guys for a long time, but hopefully I can get back to this and make it better, make you guys not regret having stayed subscribed, be it because you forgot to unsubscribe, or because you actually liked it. Once again, I'm really sorry. Hopefully this year, things will change.

Oh, also, I'm not going to be using "____-unnie" or "____-oppa" anymore. I know it's the main character showing respect towards her elders, but it's getting annoying, and makes me feel weird. It'll make it easier on me, and probably those of you who find it annoying.