We Found Our Jewel

My Boss is a (On Hiatus)

 

[GottaLoveEm: Once again, super late with updates. Sorry. The only reason I started this chapter in such a rush right now was because I found my parents' divorce papers and after I stopped crying, I suddenly felt like writing, since it means I don't have to talk or think about it. I feel like utter right now, but I felt the need to write, so here's this.]
________________________________________________________________________
 
 
*Your POV*
 
I woke up to the sound of something dropping at the door. *There's nothing of much value here, why would somebody want to break in?* I got up, and headed into the living room.
 
"Alyss?," I began, "Why are you coming home so late?". She  looked up at me, she had been taking off her shoes and accidentally dropped her bag on the floor too roughly, and she smiled.
 
"I'm just coming home from practice," she answered in English. *Practice? What the hell is she talking about?*
 
"What do you mean practice?," I asked confusedly. She silently "Oh!"'ed, and went towards the couch and gestured towards it, as if asking me to take a seat, so I did.
 
"Taemin-ssi's been helping me out with dancing, because we found out I can mimick moves. It's actually pretty fun to do," she replied with ease. I turned to look at the clock. It read 2:34 am.
 
I shrugged.
 
"Okay. Now, off to sleep, unnie," I said, after getting up to go to bed, stumbling a bit on my way there.
 
"'Night..."
 
**************************************************
 
Sometimes I absolutely hate sleeping by the window. This is one of those times. I grumbled a bit as I rolled off the bed and fell on my face, then propped myself up on my elbows and looked around. Finding the clock, it read 8:57 am.
 
"!," I screamed as I jumped and started running around, looking for my bag and clothes. All the rushing woke Alyss up from when I went to the kitchen to try to make my lunch, and she begrudgingly stood up and placed her hands on my shoulders to stop me.
 
"Yun. It's Sunday. Go back to sleep, you dork," she mumbled, half-here, and half-not. I dropped my bag. Slowly, I turned my head to the calendar. Sunday. *You're kidding me...*
 
I groaned, tossed everything I'd been holding to the corner and walked back to my room, fell face-first back into the bed, but ended up rolling around for 20 minutes. Sighing, I stood up and changed into some jeans, a plain V-neck, and a sweater.
 
"I'm going out to practice the song I'm singing first. Wanna come with? I'll be going to the practice room, so you can kill some time by dancing," I offered, looking at Alyss, who was watching TV since she couldn't fall asleep either. She lazily stood up and stretched, reminding me of a cat, then went towards the dooor to grab her shoes and bag.
 
*I'll take that as a yes....* I followed suit and soon we were out  of the apartment and right around the corner from the entertainment company that Mi Sun and I worked for. At first, I had wondered why two or more huge entertainment companies were getting together, but I figured it was just for publicity and seeming friendly.
 
The moment we made it to the door to the practice room, we bumped into two girls. The one that bumped into me caught my attention because of the random bright-colored streaks in her short hair and her calm presence. I also noticed that Alyss and I towered over these girls.
 
Alyss and I bowed deeply in apology, and the other two did as well.
 
"Were you guys about to go in?," the calm one said, while the other one looked at Alyss in awe, clearly wondering how we could be so tall.
 
"Ah, yeah, but if you were going to use this room, we'll look for another one..." I began, but one girls shook her head, then replied, "No, no, it's okay. We can share this room. My friend here and I were just going to do a bit of free-style dancing to loosen up..."
 
Alyss and I exchanged glances and smiled.
 
"Then... Mind if I join you?," Alyss asked the two girls, who then nodded. After that, we heading inside to do our thing.
 
*Sun Hee's POV*
 
I was following closely behind the rest of Mi Sun's personal staff when, to my right, I heard muttering. Suddenly, my face collided with the coordi-unnie's back and I heard Mi Sun scream.
 
'Why are they whispering?! They're muffling the sounds of my wheelchair! I need to have all the attention!' she yelled, or well, was what I heard when I heard her talk. So, Mi Sun then wheeled her way into the room I had heard the muttering coming from, barging in like she owned the place.
 
Before she actually made it inside, I managed to hear some of the words they were saying. [GottaLoveEm: From here on out, I'm sure you can all guess what's going to happen with Alyss, Sun Hee, Yun, and the two other girls...]
 
"...we need a new group...Something shoking ... mixed race?... From all over the world?.... Publicity will boom... Famous world-wide...," a deep, male voice whispered to the others. *If they make a group like that, Mi Sun will be in big trouble, and I might have to work for someone else...*
 
*Your POV*
 
Wow... Alyss was no joke. She can dance just as well as the other two girls, whose names, which I now knew, were Choi Hyun Jung and Park Sang Hee. Once the song finished, though, all three of them dropped to the floor, panting, and drenched in sweat.
 
"Woah.... That was... woah..." I muttered to myself. Hyun Jung, the younger one who had been gawking at Alyss, looked up at me and smiled.
 
"So what do you do?," Hyun Jung asked me, taking slower breaths to calm herself down. 
 
"Sing," I answered confidently. She smiled even wider and said, "That's cool."
 
"Dancing is cool, too," I said back, and the rest of the day, we practiced, sung, and hung out.
 
****************************************
 
Mi Sun's manager, who was going to be in charge of me during the show, asked me to go do a sound check, and to bring my A-game, because there would be very important people waching.
 
So, now I was standing in front of a mircophone and a crowd of people in suits. I took a deep breath, and started singing. My heart started beating faster and faster every time the people scribbled something down in their notebooks. Still, I maintained focus and relaxed to deliver my best performance yet. When it was time for the long note, I sang it flawlessly, and one of the men in suits turned to the woman next to him and whispered something.
 
"...We found our jewel..."
 
No idea what that meant, but I finished the song, and the people in suits exchanged glances and nodded.
 
"How would you like to work for us as a singer?," the man who had whispered the thing about the jewel asked.