The unloved one

My Boss is a (On Hiatus)

 

[GottaLoveEm: Sorry that it's kind of short and that not all that much happens in this chapter...]
_______________________________________________________________________
 
 
*Your POV*
 
 
Dear Diary.
 
It's been about a month since we got here, and I'm really missing the guys, but Sun Hee and I are getting even closer and I'm getting used to this place. Mi Sun already finished with her concerts here, so she's just going to stay for a bit more, then fly back. High school isn't quite as bad as I imagined, everyone minds their own business most of the time. Although, there is this girl I've seen around who seems nice and helpful, but sometimes... She scares me.
 
There's this vibe about her that... Let's just say that when a hallway is packed, and she has that aura around her, a path immediately opens for her. But I've never seen her bully anybody. Actually, I've seen people bully her. And I've heard rumors that her parents died when she was a kid, so now she lives with her older brother. It's like I found an American version of myself!
 
***
 
"Hey, Yun-unnie, why do you want me to be informal with you? It feels awkward..." Sun Hee asked me while we strolled around during lunch. We hadn't been quite so fast as making friends, but we still had each other for every single class, so it wasn't that bad.
 
"We're in America, so you don't have to be so formal with people of your own age," I told her, since I was only a few months older than her. She nodded uneasily, still not used to the idea, but we kept walking. Finally, we got to a nice, quiet spot, and sat down with our lunch.
 
As Sun Hee started telling me about what she thought about all the bands in this country, I started to unwrap my sandwich, but heard someone's footsteps. It was the girl, walking around aimlessly by herself, listening to music and just kind of dozing off. Even though she seemed really friendly, nobody seemed to want to be around her, which was actually kind of sad.
 
"Um...Hey" I began, trying to remember her name "Alyss. Wanna eat with us?" The sound of her name caught her attention, and she smiled widely and nodded, walking over to us.
 
"How'd you know my name?" she asked me curiously, reaching into her backpack for something to eat, and taking out a granola bar and yogurt. *Is that seriously all she has for lunch?*
 
"Ah... Um... Over the grapevine...." I muttered. Apparently Sun Hee was thinking the same thing I had just been thinking, because she was looking intently at Alyss's lunch.
 
"Is that all you are eating for lunch?" she asked quietly, not knowing if she was being rude or not. Alyss looked from her to the yogurt then smiled pathetically.
 
"Actually this is my three meals for  today..." she said, opening the yogurt bottle and taking a sip. Sun Hee dropped her sandwich and gasped.
 
"YOUR WHAAT!?!!?" she screeched, waving her hands around frantically, then began digging through her backpack, finally taking out her emergency I-had-to-skip-two-meals-so-this-is-my-last-resort food she brought everywhere, and placed it in front of Alyss.
 
"Eat it. All of it." Sun Hee urged Alyss, with a grave tone in her voice. Alyss looked at the huge pile of food in front of her, and gulped. She took a peek at Sun Hee, who was still frowning at her, demanding she eat all of that, and finally picked up some food, not knowing what it was, but taking a bite nontheless. After about a minute of getting used to the foreign food, she finally dug in.
 
"So? Is it good?" Sun Hee asked her with a pleased smile, while Alyss looked up, and nodded quickly, then went back to eating. All through this, I had finally realized the other students walking past us, looking at us with confusion. So, I shot them a glare and they continued with their lives.
 
A while after finishing, Alyss finally looked up at Sun Hee with a twinkle in her eyes.
 
"Thank you so much. I owe you big time." Alyss said, while sighing happily. Shaking her head, Sun Hee said, "You don't owe me a thing. The only thing I ask for in return is for us to be friends. So? How about it?". Giving Sun Hee a wide smile, Alyss nodded and rolled around on the floor happily.
 
And with this, the bell rang and we all stood, our things gathered and packed back into our bags. This girl was weird, but not how I expected, and for that, I was glad.