Story

She's My Model

Pain. Pain changes people.  I wonder how much pain this person went through?  Love, love as they say is a wonderful thing.  However, right now I don't think that definition is something this person believes is true.  

 

Amber cried himself to sleep, and now he's lying down on my lap while I 'm sitting at the hood of the car.  it's early morning right now, the sun is almost rising.

 

 

"You wanna take a stroll?" Amber asked, he sat upright.  He seems to have been awake for a few minutes already.  I just nodded my head in response.  

 

"Wait." He opened the back of his car, and took something out.  He walked back to me and gave me a pair of slippers.

 

"Wear this." 

 

"Thank you."

 

We walked in silence, I turned my attention to the waves to avoid awkwardness.  

 

"It was two years ago." He suddenly spoke.

 

"Pardon?"

 

"Two years ago, when everything happened." He stopped talking for a minute. "We're actually a group of friends.  Four years ago, I saw her at that restaurant, it took me a lot of courage to ask her name.  I then found out that we were in the same group of friends, hyung fancied her.  Hyung is sick, he can't be too happy nor too sad. He uhh, he had to leave for Japan for two years.  He made a promise to Yoona that he'd court her when he comes back, and he asked me to take care of her for the time being."

 

He took a deep breath.

 

"Yoona and I, we had feelings for each other back then.  However, I hid my feelings because I knew of hyung's disease.  When he left, I had to watch over Yoona.  Slowly...slowly.. I started to give in.  For a year and a half, we were like a couple.  I was the happiest person alive.  One night, I wanted to propose to her, I took her to my house... only to be surprised by hyung.."

 

His eyes got teary, but he stopped himself from crying.

 

"If you could only see the look on his face, it was full of love.  He hugged her immediately. I stopped all my communications with Yoona.  I was strolling at the park one night when she saw me...."

 

FLASHBACK (2.5 years ago)

Amber's POV

 

Love? love was what hyung feels with Yoona.  It's not what I feel for Yoona, no it cannot be what I feel for Yoona.  I'm pushing away that feeling for Yoona.  I was strolling at the park, it was late at night.

 

"Am....ber."

 

I looked up and saw the most beautiful girl I have ever seen.

 

"Y..yoona." 

 

She hugged me so tightly, for a moment I totally forgot myself from restraining.  

 

"Amber, let's tell Donghae Oppa about us."

 

 I snapped back to reality at her words, I pulled away from her hug.  

 

"No, we can't."

 

"Why not? I love you, not him."

 

"He loves you."

 

"I love you. Don't do this to me." Tears started rolling down her cheeks.

 

"I...I don't love you." 

 

I couldn't bear to look at her face. 

 

"What? No. you don't mean that." 

 

"I do, forget about me.  I can't love you."

 

She was speechless, just crying.  I ran away from her before I take back the words I said. 

 

For months we saw each other at gatherings, but we didn't talk to each other.  Hyung was always with her, but she still didn't return the love he was showing her.  One day, I received a call saying hyung was at the hospital.  I rushed there and saw Yoona sitting at the chair beside the bed.  She was staring at me, but I ignored her.  The doctor said that he was under a slight coma.  

 

For days, I went to the hospital to look after hyung.  Yoona would leave whenever I came.  One night, I went to the hospital.  Yoona excused herself because she was gonna buy drinks.   I looked at hyung and held his hand.

 

"Hyung, you have to wake up now.  The company is waiting for you.  Yoona is waiting for you.... Hyung I have sacrificed so much just for you not to feel sad, so please return the favor and wake up.. please hyung... I.."

 

*CLANG*

 

The sound of a can falling made me turn around.  

 

"Y...You.." Tears started falling down her face.  

 

"Yoona wait" She ran outside, I ran after her.  

 

We were outside the hospital by then, I was able to reach her by backhugging her.  

 

"Is this why? Is this the reason why?" 

 

I was crying by then, all I could do was nod my head.

 

"I have to let go of you so that hyung can be happy.  I know he loves you so much that it will hurt when he loses you." 

 

"Amber.."

 

"Please do me this favor?" 

 

She turned around, I cupped her cheeks with my hands.

 

"Try to love him.  All the love you have for me, give it to him instead."

 

"Am..."

 

"Do it so I can be at ease.  Please? I'll be fine, I promise."

 

She kissed me for the last time, I kissed her back like there was no tomorrow.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

Amber's eyes were teary, gosh he is so feminine.

 

"We stopped seeing each other after hyung woke up a week later.  I found out that they are officially together.  I last saw her a year ago, at hyung's birthday. All this time I was pretending that I'm okay, but the truth is I'm torn apart.  Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if I fought for her."

 

"I'm sorry." 

 

That was all I could say, he returned a faint smile.  When we got back to the car, we checked our phones ...

 

"OHMYGOSH!"

 

We looked at each other, eyes wide.

 

 

A/N: HI GUYS I'M BACK. Sorry I had exams ugh -.-  HAVE YOU SEEN KRYSTAL"S KISSING SCENE AT THE HEIRS? I MEAN WTF WHY OMG ERGH. I WANNA STAB THAT GUY HAHAHA.