An unexpected Family Meeting

Of Friendship and Stuff (Boyfriend Fanfiction)

 

As it turned out, they were in the same class: Class II-B. When they entered their room, Kwangmin was greeted by his old classmates. When Kwangmin steered Minwoo into the room, they took two chairs at the back. Some of their classmates went to Kwangmin and asked who he was with. Kwangmin grinned and he introduced Minwoo to all of them. Minwoo remembered each of their names and then the bell rang. More students entered the room and when all students finally sat down, their teacher entered.

“Good morning students!” greeted the teacher with a smile. “I’m Miss Choi Sooyoung. You can call me Miss Sooyoung. I will be in charge of homeroom and your Home Economics class.”

“Good morning Miss Sooyoung.” Recited all students at once.

“Let us begin shall we?” said Miss Sooyoung, looking around the room. “Ah, I see we’re still missing one new student.” She said, pointing to the vacant chair beside Minwoo. “I think he’ll be here tomorrow.”

“New?” Kwangmin whispered to Minwoo. “You’re not alone in being the new kid after all!”

Minwoo smiled, and then went back to paying attention to the teacher, who was starting roll call.

“No, Minwoo.” She said. When Minwoo raised his hand, Miss Sooyoung said: “Ah, our other new student! Welcome! Will you please introduce yourself here in front?”

Surprised, Minwoo stood up and walked to the front. He was shaking, and he saw every eye on him. He looked at Kwangmin, who gave him two thumbs-up. He smiled.

“Annyeong! I’m No Minwoo! I moved here a month ago. I hope we’ll get to know each other better.” He said smiling at all of them. And he could see that they were all also smiling at him. Then the teacher asked him to take a seat. Then Miss Sooyoung started discussing basic all you need to know about the school and her classroom rules.

When the bell rang for lunch time, Kwangmin and Minwoo went down to the cafeteria together. They were on the last step when Minwoo accidentally tripped and hit his shoulder on the back of a student in front of them.

“Hey! Watch it kid! Are you new or something?” said the person Minwoo bumped into, and the person turned around.

Kwangmins’ eyes widened when he saw who Minwoo bumped into.

“Take it easy Taecyon! He is new, and he just accidentally tripped.” Said Kwangmin hurriedly, taking Minwoo’s arm and tried to pass by Taecyon. But Taecyon blocked them. A few students stopped, their eyes full of fear of what was happening.

“Not so fast!” Taecyon said. “ What if I accidentally punch him in the gut?”

“What’s the commotion here?” said a voice from behind them.

Minwoo and Kwangmin looked back and saw two students descending the stairs. Minwoo noticed that all the students made way for the two students to pass.

“Nothing.” Said Taecyon hurriedly, then he looked at Minwoo with angry eyes and went away.

“He didn’t do anything to you did he?” Asked one of the two students.

Minwoo shook his head.

“Well, better be careful newcomer. We might not be there next time.” Said the other one. And he patted Minwoo on the back and the two walked off.

Then, Kwangmin took hold of Minwoos’ arms and led him to the cafeteria.

“You were lucky, Jeongmin hyung and Hyunseong hyung was there to save you.” Said Kwangmin, shaking his head. “I shudder to think what would have happened if they weren’t”

“So I’m guessing that Taecyon guy is the big bully around here?” said Minwoo. “What did you say the two guys’ names were again?”

“Jeongmin and Hyunseong. They’re now seniors, along with Taecyon, but they’re the most powerful and popular students here.” Kwangmin told Minwoo. “They are kind of co-presidents here in school.”

With that, they went and ordered what they were going to eat and they sat at an empty table.

“Hey there new kid.” Said a voice and Hyunseong sat down beside Minwoo. Jeongmin taking the seat beside Kwangmin.

Minwoo and Kwangmin was surprised.

“Well, by the looks on your faces I see your friend already told you who we are.” Laughed Jeongmin. “What did you tell him? That we’re the biggest names here?”

Kwangmin nodded.

“Well, I wish people would stop saying that.” Hyunseong said, chuckling. “Seriously, all we want to be is two regular kids here in our school.”

“How come?” Minwoo asked, puzzled. “Isn’t being popular kind of like being kings?”

“Yes, it kind of does. But we’re tired of it. Especially our fanclub who always follows us everywhere we go. It’s a good thing they’re lying low this year” Said Jeongmin.

“By the way, thanks for earlier hyungs.” Said Minwoo. “I owe you one.”

“We’ll hold you to that one.” Hyunseong winked. “And it’s no trouble at all.”

“Yeah. Hey Hyunseong, we’d better go. I think that fanclub is finally here.” Said Jeongmin.

And sure enough, a lot giggling girls were standing by the cafeteria doors, apparently looking for Hyunseong and Jeongmin.

“Wait, I’ll get their number firsts.” With that, Hyunseong took out his mobile phone and asked Kwangmin and Minwoo their numbers. “So we finally have someone new to hang out with.” Hyunseong told them. “Well, gotta dash.” He said. And he and Jeongmin were off to the fire escape before their fanclub spotted them. Kwangmin, who hadn’t spoken a thing, spoke:

“Wow, imagine that. Being friends with them.”

Minwoo laughed, and he finished his meal and they went back to their room when the bell rang.

The rest of the day turned out to be uneventful. And finally, it was the time to go home. On the way home, Kwangmin asked Minwoo:

“Well? What did you think of our school?”

“Fun.” Minwoo answered. “I’m looking forward to the rest of the schoolyear.

When they arrived at Minwoo’s house, they seperated.

“Don’t forget you’ll be here for dinner.” Minwoo called out to Kwangmin who was already at his gate.

“Yeah.” Answered Kwangmin back.

At the door, Kwangmin noticed that he forgot his keys. So he rang the bell. He then heard the sounds of a dog barking inside.

“Huh? We don’t own a dog.” Thought Kwangmin.

 After about a minute, the door opened and out popped a head.

“Hey Lee ….” Kwangmin began. But who he saw at the door was not Lee, but the mirror image he kept on dreaming about. Blonde hair and everything.