Fire

Of Friendship and Stuff (Boyfriend Fanfiction)

 

“I can’t believe he’s friends with that creep.” Fussed Kwangmin. They were back in his’ and Minwoo’s room. They had just finished dinner. All five of them were there.

“You better believe it.” Nodded Youngmin. “You don’t know Donghyun-hyung.”

“Come on guys.” Said Minwoo, trying to cheer them up. “We can’t let them come between our fun.”

“You’re right Minwoo.” Hyunseogn added. “Let’s just avoid them while we can.”

Just then, the door opened and in came Donghyun and Taecyon. Both of them were sneering when they came in.

“Well, well, look who’s here, it’s the girl twins and their lovely friends out for a cup of tea.” Said Donghyun, mocking all of them. Taecyon started laughing.

“Actually, it’s already after dinner, those who would still have tea at night is either living in a world unown to us human beings or they’re just plain dumb. Everybody knows it’s called midnight snacks when you eat after having dinner.” Countered Jeongmin calmly.

This shut Taecyon up. Minwoo, Kwangmin, Youngmin and Hyunseong started laughing.

“You guys better watch out, if you haven’t noticed, I’m your hyung and you guys are all dongsaengs to me.” Said Donghyun, now red in the face.

“And as you noticed, this is us not caring.” Smiled Hyunseong, and he went to the door to open it, gesturing them to come out.

“Wow. What nice service they have here.” Interjected Taecyon. “They even have doormen at every room.” And he and Donghyun pretended walked out of the room and stood outside facing the others.

“No, actually…” started Kwangmin.

“This is slamming the door in your faces.” Finished Youngmin. And Hyunseong slammed the door with a bang.

The five stood there after the door closed. Then all five started laughing. They continued laughing for a long time.

“And to think we were worried about them.” Kwangmin laughed.

“Yeah, Taecyon doesn’t seem much of a bully now.” Minwoo said.

“Don’t worry you guys, we’re not gonna stoop to their level.” Said Hyunseong.

“Promise.” Nodded Jeongmin.

“Promise!” echoed Kwangmin, Youngmin and Minwoo.

“I’d better hit the hay. Tomorrow’s gonna be a busy day. All for you dongsaeng.” Winked Youngmin at Kwangmin. Then a pillow went flying that hit Youngmin straight in the face.

“Never, call me dongsaeng.” Kwangmin said, laughing. “We’re twins, and I’ll leave it at that.”

Minwoo, Youngmin, Hyunseong and Jeongmin laughed. Youngmin, Hyunseong and Jeongmin left Kwangmin and Minwoo’s room to sleep.

At Youngmin’s room, Youngmin had trouble sleeping. He sat up on his bed and checked his clock. It was already 11 p.m. and yet, he still couldn’t sleep. So he got up and went to the door, he felt a nudge in his legs. Snowy was there, he was worried about his master not getting enough sleep.

“I’ll just get ice cream. Don’t worry about me.” Said Youngmin to Snowy. Then Snowy wagged his tail, as if to say: “Then I’ll stand guard over you until you finish eating.” Youngmin understood at once that Snowy wanted to be with him. So off they went to the kitchen. Passing the hallway where his friend’s rooms were he paused to check on them. At Hyunseong’s and Jeongmin’s room, the two were fast asleep. And so were Minwoo and Kwangmin in their room. But Minwoo stirred when Youngmin came to check, not wanting to wake him up , Youngmin immediately closed the door. And he went to the kitchen.

There, he went to their very large fridge and picked a random ice cream tub form the many ones they have. He got mango, Youngmin chuckled, he hadn’t tasted mango ice cream in a long time. So he sat down on the kitchen bar facing the fridge with Snowy seated on the floor beside him. He didn’t want to eat in the dining area all alone. He started eating. Then he heard a voice that made him jump in his chair.

“Hyung?” It was Minwoo, he was rubbing his eyes. “It’s late, why are you still up?”

Youngmin smiled, and he felt guilty that he woke Minwoo up.

“Couldn’t sleep.” Answered Youngmin. “Sorry for waking you up on my way downstairs.”

“Nah. It’s okay hyung. I was waking up every half hour, I couldn’t sleep well.” Smiled Minwoo.

“Eh? Why? Are the beds uncomfortable?” asked Youngmin frowning.

“Oh! No hyung. I’m just a bit troubled, that’s all.” Minwoo answered.

“Why?” asked Youngmin now a bit puzzled.

“It’s just…..” Minwoo started. But Youngmin told him to keep quiet immediately and looked out the window, the sky was glowing orange.

“It’s about 11:30 p.m. the sun doesn’t rise for about 6 hours.” Youngmin said now standing up.

Youngmin suddenly rushed toward the back door with Snowy and Minwoo following behind. Then Snowy started to bark. What Youngmin and Minwoo saw made their hearts beat faster, the stables were on fire!

“Minwoo, wake the others up, and call for help, the phone is near the stairs, and wake mother up also, wake everyone up!” Youngmin suddenly said.

“Right hyung.” And Minwoo ran back inside the house.

Youngmin started running towards the stable, he could hear the neigh of the horses, and he also heard Minwoo shouting at the top of his lungs. He stopped a few meters from the stables, he could feel the heat of the fire. He looked back to the manor, a few lights were opening, bue he knew that if he was going to wait for help, most of the horses would probably have already burned. Then Youngmin faced Snowy.

“Snowy, get the guards and the caretaker of the stables. And hurry.” Youngmin instructed his dog. Wagging his tail, he Youngmin’s hand and went bounding off to grant his master’s instructions. Then Youngmin faced the burning stables, breathed in deeply and went inside.

Meanwhile, after getting Youngmin’s instructions, Minwoo ran back to the house and went to the telephone near the stairs. He found a phonebook and quicly dialled the number incase of fire emergencies. He quickly gave them the address and the situation. He placed the phone down and started running up the stairs, then he shouted at the top of his lungs:

“Help! The stables are on fire! Help!”

He went to his and Kwangmin’s room and also shouted, waking Kwangmin up. When he went out of their room, he saw Jeongmin and Hyunseong already up.

“Wuss duh matter?” asked Jeongmin sleepily.

“The stables are on fire and Youngmin is there.” Minwoo said suddenly and he ran back down the stairs to the back door with the other three following suit. From the distance, Minwoo saw two figures running back towards the house. It was Taecyon and Donghyun! The two ran past them and didn’t mind them.

“Wuss.” Said Jeongmin inder his breath.

Just then, Minwoo shouted.

“YOUNGMIN NO!.”

From the distance, they saw Youngmin rush inside the burning building. And all four ran to the burning building. They saw some horses coming out of the stables, but there was no sign of Youngmin! Their hearts sank when they saw the entrance to the stables collapse, blocking their way in and blocking Youngmin’s way out.