Twins

Of Friendship and Stuff (Boyfriend Fanfiction)

 

All eyes were on Kwangmin and his look alike while everyone was seated around the dinner table. There were seven of them on the table. Minwoo, Mr. and Mrs. No, Hyunseong and Jeongmin (both of whom were also invited by Mrs. No, when she overheard Minwoo speaking to them on his cellphone), and Kwangmin and his newly discovered twin: Youngmin. They had just finished eating dinner.

“Believe me.” Said Kwangmin. “I never knew.”

“Me neither.” Echoed Youngmin.

“Mom? The five of us are just going to go to my room. Okay?” Minwoo told his mother, his eyes still on Youngmin.

“Okay dear.” Answered his mom, who also had her eyes on Youngmin. So all of them stood up and headed upstairs towards Minwoos’ room. There, they all took places and sat down.

“What did you say about mom again?” asked Kwangmin.

“She couldn’t come.” Answered Youngmin. “She’s too busy working, as usual. So she dropped me off here, she asked me to tell you that I’m staying at your place. For the rest of High School. And that she’ll just send money every week to both of us.”

“Whoah. All that and Kwangmin doesn’t even get a word?” said Minwoo, who was pretty disturbed.

“Nah, it’s fine, it’s just that, it’s too much to take in. I’m expecting myself to wake up anytime.” Said Kwangmin.

“I don’t blame you dude.” Said Jeongmin. “When I first saw you earlier, I never expected you had a twin brother too.”

They all looked at Jeongmin.

“I think what Jeongmin’s trying to say is that if one of us were in your shoes, we’d also be stunned.” Said Hyunseong, trying not to laugh.

“And did you know? All this time?” Kwangmin asked Youngmin.

“No. I only found out last week. And I’ve been preparing myself for this.” Youngmin said nervously. “But I never really believed it to be true until I saw you with my own eyes.”

“You said that your mom was busy. Busy enough not to meet her son who she hasn’t seen in a long time?” asked Minwoo.

“Busy enough not to be there when I need her most likely.” Answered Youngmin, now frowning. “Who are you anyway?” he turned to the three others.

“They’re my …” Kwangmin looked at the three of them, especially Minwoo. “Bestfriends.”

Youngmin just nodded, he saw Yuki, picked her up and began to cuddle her. Minwoo, Hyunseong and Jeongmin were all smiling.

“Not meaning to interrupt the conversation or anything.” Started Jeongmin. “But, who’s older?”

“I am.” Youngmin answered absentmindedly while Yuki. “By five minutes.”

“By they way, before I forget.” Youngmin said. “Mom told me that she’ll be sending someone here this Friday after school. We’ll be staying at our ma- house this weekend. And she said to bring friends, so I guess that goes to you three as well.”

“I’m game.” Said Jeongmin quickly.

“So am I.” Minwoo said. “I mean, if Kwangmin agrees to come.”

They all looked at Kwangmin.

“Yeah, I guess.” He told them.

“Hate to interrupt, but we’d better head home.” Said Hyunseong, checking his wristwatch and Minwoo’s digital clock. “We all have school tomorrow.”

“Yeah.” Jeongmin agreed. “We’ll talk more at school.”

So they all got up and went down. They said their goodbyes and the four went to their separate homes. Minwoo went back to his room and layed down on his bed, with Yuki curling down beside him.

“Well Yuki, this turned out to be quiet an eventful day.” Minwoo said, speaking to Yuki. “I hope Kwangmin and Youngmin won’t have any problems. And I do hope I won’t be losing my bestfriend.” Then he tried to go to sleep, with no such luck.

At the twins’ residence, Kwangmin was helping Youngmin move all his stuff to the attic, which was cleaned out by Lee. It seemed weird to Kwangmin that Youngmin wanted an attic room, but he didn’t say anything. Youngmins’ dog: Snowy, a siberian husky found Kwangmins’ room to his likeness and was laying down on Kwangmins’ bed comfortably. When everything was moved to Youngmins’ attic room, Kwangmin noticed then that Kwangmin bought everything needed for a room. Complete with wallpaper.

“Wow. You’ve actually been preparing for this, right hyung?” asked Kwangmin. “You have everything here, even a bed for Snowy.”

“Well yeah.” Said Youngmin, turning red. “I bought all these stuff three days ago.”

“I see, well, goodnight hyung.” And with that Kwangmin closed the door to Youngmins’ room.

“Snowy!” he heard Youngmin calling. Just then, Snowy bounded up the attic stairs to Youngmins’ room.

“Cool dog.” Kwangmin thought. And he went to his room and laid down on his bed. Kwangmin’s mind was reeling with the day’s events. Being friends with the two most popular guys in school. Finding out he had a twin. Minwoo’s face when they were all in his room. Wait? Minwoo’s face? Why did he look so troubled? Shouldn’t he, Kwangmin, be the only one troubled? He was the one who had a lot of questions. So why did Minwoo, his bestfriend, looked troubled?

“Oh well.” He thought to himself. “I’ll find out the next morning.”

And with that, he closed his eyes and went of to dreamland. Knowing that he will never again dream the mirror image dream.