Nothing can come in between, Nothing ......

Of Friendship and Stuff (Boyfriend Fanfiction)

 

Youngmin was still in his room when he heard Lee calling out to him. He immediately went downstairs, he peeked in Kwangmin’s room, but he was not there. “He must have already went down.” Thought Youngmin. He saw lee standing near the phone, his face was shocked, his hands were shaking while he was holding out the phone to Youngmin.

“What’s the matter Lee?” asked Youngmin, and he took the phone. “Annyeong?”

“Annyeong! This is from the hospital. Am I speaking to Jo Youngmin? Brother to Jo Kwangmin?” said the voice over the phone.

Youngmin felt his heart skip a beat. Why were they calling about Kwangmin?

“Yes.” He answered. “Why?”

“Your brother is in critical condition, he was found earlier on the streets, apparently, a gang mobbed him. Please come immediately.” And then the line went dead.

Youngmin suddenly started shaking. He ran to his room, got his phone and ran back downstairs.

“Master, here are my car keys.” Lee said at the door.

“Aren’t you coming?” asked Youngmin.

“No. I have to make a few phone calls. And I’m sure you’ll agree, that your mother, Master Minwo, Master Hyunseong and Master Jeongmin should also know.” Said Lee.

Youngmin nodded. He knew that the butler also wanted to come. He was after all, the one who raised his brother since h was young.

“Okay. But come as soon as you can okay?” Youngmin said. And he ran out to Lee’s car.He kept on repeating on his head: Why? Why must everything seem to happen to him. Please don’t take my brother away. Not him. Why? Why my brother?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Minwoo got the call while he was changing into his school uniform.

“Annyeong!” he answered.

“Master Minwoo.” It was Lee!

“Yes?” Minwoo said, surprised that the twins’ butler was calling him.

“This is a four-way call, Master Hyunseong and Master Jeongmin are also here.” Said Lee.

“Get to the point please?” asked Hyunseong, on the other line.

“It’s Master Kwangmin. He’s in the hospital right now, in critical condition, they say he was mobbed earlier. Master Youngmin is already headed there……” and suddenly, they heard Lee cry. “I’m sorry, I have to go.” And the line went dead.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Minwoo had tears in his face, he was in his mom’s car, he had asked his mom to drive him. Kwangmin, in critical condition. Why? Why his bestfriend?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jeongmin was running to the hospital, it was only a few blocks from where he lived. His mind was racing. Kwangmin? What had happened? Why him?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hyunseong arrived at the hospital, he was sweating, he had failed to hail a cab, so he ran all the way here. He was asked to go to the waiting room, there, he saw Youngmin, Minwoo, Jeongmin and Lee. They all had red eyes. He looked at Jeongmin. Jeongmin shook his head, signaling that he wouldn’t speak. He saw a nurse, he approached her.

“Would you please tell me what Jo Kwangmin’s condition is?” he asked.

The nurse gave a sigh, looked at the others and stared Hyunseong in the eyes.

“Your friend is fighting for his life, the mob that got him apparently used metal knuckles to beat him up. We just have to wait for news from the doctor. They are still in the E.R. room. I’m sorry I can’t tell you anymore.” Said the nurse.

Hyunseong was shaken from what he heard. He sat beside Youngmin and buried his face with his hands. He let the tears fall. Why? Why Kwangmin of all people.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

They were already in the hospital for five hours, the nurse told them that there was no news yet, when Miss Sooyoung suddenly arrived. She went near Youngmin and the others. Youngmin looked up. Miss Sooyoung also had tears in her eyes, she already knew the news. When she spoke, her voice was cracking in some places.

“The whole school sends their prayers. We hope that Kwangmin, being as strong as he is, will survive this.” She said.

Youngmin got up, and hugged his teacher. It was already five hours, but the tears still won’t stop. He felt another hand embrace both him and Miss Sooyoung. Minwoo had joined in. Miss Sooyoung tried to calm the two down.

“Shush shush.” She said. Minwoo and Youngmin’s hair like a mother.

Then they all let go and took all of their seats.

Then Youngmin and Kwangmin’s mother enetered the waiting room.

Youngmin looked up. She went straight to him, hugged him and didn’t speak. She had no tears, but it seemed that she was just holding them back.

All seven of them stayed there until nighttime, when the nurse entered. All of them got up at once.

“There is still no improvement, the doctor says he needs the whole night and maybe the whole day tomorrow. I’m sorry,” and she left, as suddenly as she had arrived.

They all assumed their places. All of them had puffy red eyes. But they were no longer shedding tears. Miss Sooyoung suddenly got up and spoke.

“I’m sorry, but I cannot stay here any longer. Mrs. Jo.” She said embracing Mrs. Jo. She turned and stopped at the door. “Hyunseong, Jeongmin, Minwoo, Youngmin. I’ll tell them that you won’t be able to perform tomorrow.”

“No!” Youngmin shouted.

Miss Sooyoung looked back at him, surprised.

“We will be there only for the performance, Kwangmin wouldn’t like it if we didn’t perform.” Said Youngmin.

“If you insist.” Said Miss Sooyoumg, tears suddenly appearing again in her eyes. She wiped them off, said goodbye and left.  Just then, Donghyun appeared in the doorway.

“I got here as fast as I could.” He said.

Hyunseong, Jeongmin, Youngmin and Minwoo was surprised.

“How did you know?” asked Minwoo.

“I received a text. From Taecyeon.” Said Donghyun.

“What?! What’s it to him?” asked Youngmin, outraged.

“He… he and his gang was responsible.” Said Donghyun looking at his feet.

“WHAT?!” All six people that were there exclaimed.

“But do not worry, they are behind bars. I already reported them.” Donghyun said.

Youngmin got up, went near Donghyun. And hugged him. Donghyun returned the hug.

“I’m sorry, I’m so sorry for what he has done.” Donghyun said, tears now falling from his face.

“Hyung, ujima! It’s alright. He is now behind bars.” Youngmin said, tears starting again.

“You tell him not to cry but yet you’re crying.” Said Hyunseong who was also going near them, he was also crying again. Then he hugged the two. Jeongmin and Minwoo joined them.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Boys. This is the first time I have seen friendship that has been put to a test like this.” Thought Mrs. Jo, tears appearing in her eyes. “I do hope my son will survive this, I didn’t spend time with him, with both of them. Please let him be okay, I promise never to put work first.”