Minwoo

Of Friendship and Stuff (Boyfriend Fanfiction)

 

It was dark, Minwoo could not remember how he got here. He tried to get up, but pain occurred when he tried to move his legs. His head hurt, all he could remember was that he got lost, asked for directions, a shortcut in the woods and wham! The whole world went dark.  He looked around him. He was surrounded with nothing but earth. He looked up, he could see trees and the skies above. He fell into a hole! A pretty deep one at that. Minwoo checked his wristwatch, it was already 3 p.m.! He was knocked out for at least 7 hours!

“I must get out of here!” Minwoo thought. So he tried to get up again, this time using his hands to grab hold of some earth. But then pain shot up through his whole body. Only then did he realize that he was covered in bruises. He checked his head, a large lump was there. Great, just great, the second day of school and I experience this. He looked around at the ground. His phone was there! But it was broken! “I must have fell on it on the way down.” He thought. ”Now what?”

They were already searching for three hours! And everyone was getting pretty worried. They had split up, Kwangmin and Youngmin went to the shops to ask around and Jeongmin and Hyunseong went to Minwoos’ place just to check and see if he’s there. But that was two hours ago. And they were all together again. They had decided to stop by a coffee shop near the edge of Hyungdong, it was also near the woods. The coffee shop was named “The Coffee Prince,” and when they entered, there was no one there but an old man on the counter.

“Ah hello young fellas’!” greeted the old man when they walked in. “School finished early eh?”

“Mmmmm.” Was all they could reply for they were all very tired. They sat down on a table and the old man went near them to get their orders. They ordered four hot chocolates and a couple of cakes. Then the man went to the back to get what they ordered.

“Now what?” asked Youngmin. “Where do we search for next?”

“I don’t know.” Said Hyunseong. “We’ve searched every inch of this place.”

“Yeah.” Agreed Jeongmin.

“We mustn’t give up.” Said Kwangmin. “After this, we go search for Minwoo again, agreed?”

“Agreed” replied all three.

Just then, the old man was back with their orders. When the old man set down all their orders on the table, the old man looked at all of them.

“You know younglings, earlier this morning there was a lad with also the same school uniform as yours.” The old man told them. “Poor boy, he was lost it seems, I told him to take a shortcut in the woods, that will take him to his school.”

Upon hearing this, all four jumped up.

“A boy?!” exclaimed Youngmin.

“With the same uniform?” added Jeongmin.

“Shortcut in the woods?” asked Kwangmin.

“Thank you so much old man!” exclaimed Hyunseong.

And all four rushed to the door.

“What but? What about your chocolates?” asked the old man.

“Save them for us. We’ll be back!” called Jeongmin over his shoulder.

And they went out to look for the nearest path that takes you into the woods. They found one near the coffe shop. There were signs that it was recently used not long ago. So all four took the path. They walked for five minutes when they heard Minwoos’ voice calling for help. They all rushed forward and Youngmin who was in front almost fell into the hole had Hyunseong not pulled him out of harms way.

They looked down the whole and saw Minwoo looking up at them, all bruised and looking scared.

“MINWOO!!” all of them exclaimed at once.

Minwoo was glad to be out of the hole. When they found him, Kwangmin immediately went back to the coffee shop to borrow a long ladder. Hyunseong went down and aided Minwoo up the ladder, every climb hurt him, but he was okay. He was now under the care of the coffe shop owner’s wife, who asked them to call her granny Agnes. She was treating Minwoo’s cuts and bruises with herbal plants and had bandaged Minwoo’s legs. She was no doctor, but she was an expert at healing. They were in the couples bedroom, which was on the second floor of the coffee shop. Kwangmin was there with them. The others were downstairs, drinking their hot chocolate and eating cakes.

“What happened Minwoo?” Kwangmin asked, he was wearing a frown but his voice was soft.

“My mind was preoccupied.” Minwoo answered. “I didn’t think of where I was going.”

Kwangmin sighed. He knew Minwoo could often become pre-occupied with the things that he was thinking that sometimes he would not know what he was doing. Kwangmin knew beter than to ask what made Minwoo think that deep. So he just kept quiet and watched as Granny Agnes was almost done.

“I was thinking about you two.” Minwoo said quietly.

“What do you mean?” asked a puzzled Kwangmin.

“I was… kind of worrying that you won’t want me as your friend anymore and would spend less time with me since you now have a twin.” Minwoo answered, he was not looking at Kwangmin.

Kwangmin smiled. And then he started to laugh.

Minwoo looked up. “What’s so funny?”

“It’s just that, you looked just like a lost boy when you said that. And also, you should know that you’re my bestfriend. And even if I have a twin, you were my first brother. Youngmin and I may get closer, but you will with him too.”

Minwoo grinned.

“There dear. Now, I know it hurts when you walk, but the pain will ease. You have not broken any bones but you did sprain your ankle.” Granny Agnes said.

“Thank you Granny Agnes, thank you very much.” Minwoo told her.

“It’s no problem, now, let’s head down shall we?”

With that Kwangmin helped Minwoo up and together, they followed Granny Agnes down the stairs and into the coffee shop. They seated themselves at the table where the other three were waiting. Minwoo took a glimpse at his four friends. They looked tired but they were all happy and smiling. Minwoo couldn’t help but smile too. “What wonderful friends I have!” he thought to himself.