Friend Or Foe?

Of Friendship and Stuff (Boyfriend Fanfiction)

 

Youngmin felt guilty, he and the others had lost mood in what was supposed to be a nice vacation for them. He thought about what he could do to take all of their minds off of what happened last night, yes, even himself. They were all at the living room. Minwoo and Kwangmin were on the floor, Jeongmin was looking out the window and Hyunseong and Youngmin was on the couch. While Youngmin busied himself thinking what would be the best thing to do, Jeongmin suddenly spoke.

“Youngmin? Do you happen to own any sports car?” Jeongmin asked.

“Uhhh .. No hyung, why do you ask?” Answered a puzzled Youngmin.

“Because one’s driving up here now.” Said Jeongmin.

All of the others went to the window, sure enough, as Jeongmin said, there was a Ferrari 612 Scaglietti driving up to the front door.

“Ah. I know whose car that is.” Youngmin said, suddenly losing interest in the car and taking his place back on the couch, he opened his phone and seemed to read a message.

“Whose is it?” Minwoo asked, looking over his shoulder to look at Youngmin.

“That car is Donghyun’s.” said Youngmin, now closing his phone.

“Really?” asked Kwangmin. “Wow!”

“Too bad the car isn’t as good as it’s owner.” Hyunseong chuckled.

The other four were still looking at the car, they saw it stop in front of the front doors. And sure enough Donghyun stepped out of the car. He was carrying something large.

“Eh? What’s that he’s carrying?” asked Kwangmin.

“I think it’s a cage.” Answered Jeongmin, trying to get a good look. “Yup, definitely a…” But he cut off in mid sentence, after realizing what was inside the cage.

All the other four looked at each other, then looked back at Youngmin, who looked surprised with the sudden attention.

“Eh? What is it?” asked Youngmin.

“Hyung? He has an animal in the cage.” Answered Kwangmin.

And just then, Donghyun walked in the living room. He stopped when he saw all of them. It was kind of an awkward scene, Youngmin was seated while the other four were still standing near the window.

“Annyeong.” Youngmin said, not looking at Donghyun.

“Annyeong.” Donghyun answered back.

“So what are you doing here again?” asked Youngmin, still not looking at Donghyun.

“Errr…” Donghyun answered.

Just then, the animal inside the cage started barking.

Youngmin suddenly looked at what Donghyun was carrying. It was a large cage, and inside was not one, but four puppies. Youngmin for some reason got irritated.

“So you’ve come to brag about your four new dogs?” Youngmin said. “Can’t you just give Snowy justice?”

“Errrr … That’s just it.” Donghyun said.

“What?” Youngmin said, now looking at Donghyun.

“I …. think it was partly my fault that the stable burned down.” Donghyun said.

There was a deafening silence after what Donghyun said, all four were still standing near the window, watching the conversation with shocked faces. Youngmin was looking at Donghyun with a puzzled face.

“I was……” started Donghyun, but Youngmin cut him off short.

“So you mean, mom won’t be getting any insurance.” Youngmin said, saying it as a statement rather than a question.

“Errrr….” Donghyun said.

Just then, Youngmin stood up, he went to Donghyun. All the other four thought he was about to punch Donghyun, and they all moved at the exact same time, to try and calm down Youngmin. But what happened shocked them even more. Youngmin suddenly bent down and looked at the four puppies inside the cage, three were asleep while one was eyeing Youngmin with interest. Youngmin opened the cage and took the one that was awake, and he started playing with it. Youngmin started laughing. All five, including Donghyun all stood there, with shocked and puzzled faces. Youngmin’s laugh awakened the other three puppies, soon the living room was filled with puppy barks. Youngmin looked up at Donghyun.

“I don’t even want to ask why you think it was your fault.” Youngmin said. “Because mom texted me, and she said that it was faulty wiring, and that insurance will pay for everything. But that was a nice thought. Please do stay for dinner.”

And Youngmin went back to playing with the puppies. Donghyun placed the cage down near Youngmin, and he turned back and left.

“Eyyy hyung!?” called back Minwoo.

Donghyun suddenly looked back. Now all of them were staring at Minwoo.

“Where are you going? Youngmin just asked you to stay right?” asked Minwoo.

“He did, I’m just going to park my Ferrari in the garage.” Smiled back Donghyun and he left.

“Wow.” Hyunseong said, now sitting down on the couch. “That was something.”

“Yeah.” Youngmin said, still playing with the three puppies, one puppy was following Kwangmin around. “And to think we thought him to be all bad, well actually, I didn’t think he had a bone of goodness left in his body. Seems I was mistaken.”

Minwoo sat down and joined Youngmin in playing with the puppies.

“Hyung!!! This puppy keeps on following me!” Kwangmin complained, who was walking round and round the living room, avoiding the puppy who kept biting his pants. Kwangmin then stood up on the couch, the puppy suddenly jumped just to get to Kwangmin.

“EHHHHH.” Kwangmin exclaimed.

All four was laughing at this sight.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

“So why did you think that it was all your fault Donghyun-hyung?” asked Youngmin. They were all seated at the table and were enjoying their dinner, all four puppies were in the kitchen, already full and asleep.

“You see, Taecyon and I was smoking at the back of the stables last night, and I think we kind of dozed off.” Donghyun explained. “I thought our cigarettes started the fire.”

“MFFFMHGMGHFHFF .. “ said Jeongmin his mouth still full.

“Excuse me?” said Donghyun.

Jeongmin swallowed.

“We still don’t trust you.” Jeongmin said.

“JEONGMIN!” Youngmin exclaimed, trying not to laugh.

“That’s okay.” Donghyun said chuckling. “I still won’t hang around with you dweebs.”

“Eh? You’re weird, you call us dweebs, yet, you felt guilty about what happened.” Minwoo said.

“Everybody has their personalities.” Answered Donghyun.

And silence followed. After Donghyun ate, he got up, excused himself, thanked Youngmin for the dinner and left.

“Hyung! Your puppies.” Said Youngmin.

“They’re yours.” Donghyun said, without looking back.

After about 5 minutes, they heard the smooth engine of the Ferrari, announcing that Donghyun already left.

“Well, seems we’re still not on …. AH!” exclaimed Kwangmin, he felt something wet tickle his right feet. He looked under the table and he saw to his surprise the very same puppy who tried to jump up the sofa earlier.

“Seems the puppy has taking a liking to you hyung.” Said Minwoo smiling.

“I guess.” Said Kwangmin, picking up the little puppy.

Then, Youngmin stood up.

“You’ll want to get a good night sleep. Tomorrow’s our last day, we’re leaving in the evening, and we’lll do something fun in th afternoon.” He said, now yawning.

At this, all of them also stood up and all of them went to their own rooms. Kwangmin, accompanied by Minwoo, placed the puppy near his brother and sisters before heading to their room. They were already settling in their bed when Minwoo heard it. There was a scratching sound at their door. Already knowing what made the sound, Minwoo opened the door to check if he was right. And in came bounding the very same puppy! He guessed right.

“Hyung, It’s for you.” Minwoo said, now laughing.

“Eh?” said Kwangmin, who sat up in their bed, then he saw the puppy wagging his tail near the bed and looking straight up at him. Kwangmin laughed. He took the puppy and placed him in between him and Minwoo. “There, but only for tonight okay?”

The puppy barked, as if he understood, and assumed his sleeping place.

“Hyung, I’m jealous, you’re getting a new bestfriend.” Minwoo said teasing Kwangmin. And then a pillow came flying at his face.

“Shut up.” Kwangmin said playfully. “Go to sleep.”