The Manor

Of Friendship and Stuff (Boyfriend Fanfiction)

 

The road was quite bumpy, Jeongmin had trouble sleeping. He looked at the others. They were in Youngmin’s van, they were heading to Youngmin’s home, where they were invited to spend the weekend over. It was Friday, and since their school was only until 10 am that day, they went on ahead. Youngmin was seated way at the back with his dog, Snowy, Youngmin was looking out the window deep in thought, while scratching Snowy behind the ears. Minwoo and Kwangmin were in the middle row, they were leaning against each other, both were asleep since the 2 hours car trip started, “How can they sleep through all these bumps?” thought Jeongmin. And he looked at Hyunseong who was seated beside him, he had his earphones on and was reading a magazine. Both of them were seated near the door. An hour and a half had already past, and Jeongmin guessed that they were nearing their destination, but who could possibly live in these mountains? Just then, their van turned right into a pathway that was barely visible to passerbys. Jeongmin looked back at Youngmin, catching his eyes, who shrugged and smiled awkwardly.

“WHOAH!” Hyunseong suddenly exclaimed. “You live here?!”

Jeongmin looked back to the front, what he saw made his eyes bigger than usual. The van had stopped in front of a very large gate, and they could see a large manor inside.

“Youngmin? Are you sure I’m related to you?” Kwangmin, having awakened by Hyunseong’s exclamation, was staring at the mansion.

“Are you kidding?” Youngmin said with a laugh. “Of course we are!”

The car stopped in front of the manor. Jeongmin opened the van door and went out, followed by the others and Snowy. All four was staring at the oak front doors of the manor. Youngmin opened it and went inside. The other four looked at each other and followed. Inside was a large hall with a grand spiral staircase leading to the 2nd floor. There were two doors out of the main hall, one was opened so they went there. There they saw the living room, and Youngmin was already seated at one of the sofas.

“Well, welcome to my- our home.” He grinned sheepishly at all four of them, when they took their seats.

“Youngmin-hyung? Can we have our blood tested just to be sure?” Kwangmin said, he was still in the state of shock.

“You really don’t believe me Kwangmin?” Laughed Youngmin.

“Who would? This only happens in movies!” said Kwangmin.

“Well, you really should start to believe it.” Youngmin said. Just then, a woman entered and spoke to Youngmin.

“Master Youngmin, your mother sends her apologies, she cannot meet all of you now, she will meet you at dinner.” The woman said.

“As usual.” Youngmin said with a sigh. “Thank you Jane! By the way, have you met my brother?”

And he pointed to Kwangmin.

“My my. You really look alike! So this is Master Kwangmin. Nice to meet you!” Said Jane with a smile.”If you’ll excuse me, I have work to do, please feel right at home.” And she left them.

“That was Jane. She took care of me when I was only three years old. And she takes care of me until now.” Youngmin explained. “Well then, come on. I’ll show you to your rooms.”

So all five stood up and followed Youngmin back to the main hall and up the grand spiral staircase. On the second landing, Youngmin led them to each of their rooms.

“My room is just at the end of this hallway.” And Youngmin pointed to a door at the end of the hallway.

“Youngmin? How many rooms does this manor have?” asked Jeongmin.

“Hm? About thirty five I think, some are for guests.” Answered Youngmin. “I’ve got to go, I’m pretty tired, I didn’t get enough sleep. If you want, take a tour of the grounds, I’ll call you when I’m awake.” And with that, he went to his room.

All four looked at each other.

“I’m still pretty sleepy.” Confessed Minwoo. “I guess I’ll go back to sleep.”

“Yeah me too.” Echoed Kwangmin, who was taking a peak at his room. “Hey Minwoo, the rooms have king sized beds. Wanna share a room?”

“Sure, whatever hyung.” And with that, Minwoo entered the room Kwangmin was looking at, placed his bags beside the bed, removed his shoes and went straight to sleep, with Kwangmin following him.

Seeing as how the rooms were big for one person, Hyunseong and Jeongmin also agreed to share rooms. They however agreed to explore the place instead of sleeping.

“It’s weird isn’t it?” asked Jeongmin suddenly, while they were descending the grand spiral staircase.

“What is?” asked Hyunseong.

“Having all of these, and having no one to share it with up until now.” Said Jeongmin. “Instead of envying Youngmin, I feel sorry for him, he grew up without anyone but his nanny.”

“Well, now he has us.” Hyunseong said simply.

“Yeah, he has us.” Said Jeongmin with a smile.

“Minwoo! Minwoo!”

“Huh?” Minwoo opened his eyes. He saw Hyunseong sitting beside him. Hyunseong was grinning from ear to ear. “Yes hyung?”

“Youngmin told me to wake you guys up, it’s way past lunch time.” Hyunseong answered. “Kwangmin’s already up.”

Minwoo looked beside him, Kwangmin was also sitting on the edge of the bed, he was rubbing his eyes and was looking at Hyunseong with a puzzled face.

“Why are you grinning like that hyung?” asked Kwangmin.

Minwoo noticed it too, Hyunseong was wearing an extra large grin on his face, he was grinning like there was no tomorrow.

“I can’t help it.” Hyunseong answered. “The whole weekend and we get the house all to ourselves.”

“I take it you and Jeongmin has finished touring the place?” asked Minwoo, now amused.

“Finished? We haven’t even taken half of the whole place, it’s not just the manor, but the whole area of the place. It’s so huge! The grounds are even bigger here than in school!” Hyunseong got up. “Well, the dining room is downstairs on the opposite side of the living room.”

Hyunseong went out of the room leaving Kwangmin and Minwoo alone. Minwoo smiled, seeing Hyunseong this excited also excited him. He was about to ask Kwangmin what he tought of his new house. He looked at Kwangmin but to his surprise, Kwangmin was now wearing a worried look.

“What’s the problem hyung?” asked Minwoo.

“This is all new to me, I mean, I’ve never experienced being out of money and all, but this is really getting to me. I’m glad I now have people I can call family, not only my real mother and Youngmin but also you and the others. But after hearing what Hyunseong-hyung said, I can only imagine how rich my family is. What if I don’t live up to their expectations? What if I fail them?” Kwangmin said, looking at Minwoo.

Minwoo had no answer to that, he was looking at the door, it was open a crack. A shadow passed by. Minwoo looked back at Kwangmin.

“Kwangmin? I don’t have any answer to your problem now. But I promise this as your bestfriend, I will be with you through thick and thin. Okay?” Minwoo said. And he got up and started to fix himself.

Kwangmin smiled and looked at him.

“Thanks.” Kwangmin said. And suddenly, a pillow came flying at his face, thrown by a laughing Minwoo.