The First Meeting

Tale of the WonderBang Leaders (G-Ye)

Ji Yong switched on the tv and there goes Wonder Girls MTV Season 1. He was watching it with full concentration when suddenly TOP came. “You watched it again? Don’t they just show it last week? Is this the rerun? Don’t you get bored?” Ji Yong just smiled to TOP and ignored his questions.

February came and the Wonder Girls debuted.”I must do my best. This is what I’ve been waiting for!” Sunye said to herself backstage. She saw the other group members: Hyun Ah, Sunmi, So Hee and Ye Eun preparing themselves nervously. It was Sunye’s solo and she sang her choice of song from Destiny’s Child, ‘Stand up for Love’. She nailed the song beautifully.

Ji Yong’s eyes were still glued on the tv. The girl, he saw on the tv who sings beautifully somehow managed to capture his heart. “Min Sun Ye, Wonder Girls” He murmured to himself as he and his other members prepared themselves to go for a tv show location.

Two weeks later, in one of the tv broadcasting studio, he heard the song that he always listen to everyday. Only the different is that this song was singing live by the singer because he could clearly listen to where the song came from. “Irony,…” He went and followed the song which brings him to one of the studio. There he saw the girl that he usually sees on music video singing the song ‘Irony’, the one that he had a crush on. “OMG, she dances pretty well” Ji yong thought silently.

Sunye and the rest of the Wonder Girls members finished their recording. It will be their first recording performance for national tv. She bowed to all the staffs in the studio before making her way out to the Wonder Girls’ make up room. As she was walking, she noticed a pair of eyes watching her every moves. She looked to the owner of those eyes and discovered that it belongs to the leader of Big Bang, Kwon Ji Yong. She greeted him with smile and went out the studio. “He is so hot, up close” Sunye said to herself, without realizing that she is blushing when she said that. “Sunye, you finally able to realize your dream of becoming a singer and you get the chance to meet lots of famous singers” Sunye was half day-dreaming.

“She smiled at me, she smiled at me!!!” Ji Yong felt like jumping with joy when the girl he had crush since he saw her singing on tv, smiled at him. “OK, Jiyong calm down, calm down.” He said to himself while trying to keep it cool. An idea struck on JiYong and he quickly get his manager…

Couple of weeks later, the Wonder Girls’ manager got a phone call from YG Entertainment. The Big Bang propose to make a parody of the Wonder Girls’ Irony in their upcoming ‘Want You’ Concert. Therefore, they wanted to learn the dance steps from the Wonder Girls themselves. JYP Entertainment, Wonder Girls entertainment company, agreed and their respective managers sorted out the schedules. It was decided that they will practice together during the weekends.

“OMG, I cant wait till this weekend” Ji Yong said to himself when the manager inform him that the 'deal' went fine. And so as planned, the day where the two group finally meet came. The moment, he stepped into the JYP building, he was already excited. It makes his heart almost jumped out when he saw Sunye and the rest of the Wonder Girls greeted him and s.

Each member of Big Bang were being partner to one Wonder Girls. As the members sorted out and practice with their partners. Ji Yong couldn’t help but gaze at his partner. The dance practice then began, actually secretly JiYong had practiced their dance step. To be honest, it was not difficult since Ji Yong himself has been trained 7 years in dancing and singing. With just one look at the choreography, he can quickly memorise it. This impressed Sunye, the Wonder Girls’ leader, also his dance partner who teaches him the ‘Irony’ dance step.

Sunye who is ‘ignorant’ to the secret glances that Ji Yong give her, was busy showing steps at him while checking her own dances. “Ehem” Top who was practicing with Hyun Ah, coughed to Ji Yong. Ji Yong snapped back to reality and look at TOP. He give GD a look that says ‘this is not the time for checking her out, GD’ and Ji Yong understood it completely. Indeed, it isn’t the right time to check Sunye’s out. Ji Yong and the rest of the Big Bang members practice for almost 3 hours non-stop.

Then the Wonder Girls' famous dance teacher came in and said that she need to check on their choreography. An hour later, both group members were feeling exhausted. Sunye seeing this said,”Do you guys want to take a break and get some fresh drinks nearby?” Taeyang who was sitting down beside Daesung can tell that Ji Yong was super excited by the suggestion and quickly agreed. The rest also followed as they were all hungry.

On the way down, Ji Yong tried to start a conversation with Sunye who was busy looking after her dongseng. “You dance well” Ji Yong said to her which makes Sunye turned to him. The rest of the Wonder Girls members and the Big Bang boys were ahead of them. “Thank you” said Sunye who can almost be seen blushing. The two leaders then talk about their training years and find out that they do share some things in common. They were both born in August, had the same blood type, had the same training years and also can speak Chinese language.

“Hey, why don’t you and the rest of Wonder Girls come to our concert? I’ll surely give you some free tickets” JiYong suggested to Sunye though his true meaning was actually asking her out. “Sure, I would love too but I cant promise yet because I have to check with our managers whether we have any schedules on the day” Sunye answered him excitedly. “Ji Yong is such a sweetie, he even invited me and the Wonder Gils to Big Bang’s concert” Sunye thought quietly. Both leaders arrived at the cafe while the rest of their members already sat and had their drinks. They didn’t have any dance practice after that as Big Bang was called by YG for some urgent meeting.

According to the plan, the Big Bang boys was supposed to practice with the girls for two more times but since both groups has unexpected events turning up they couldn’t manage to fit their dance practices. “If I knew that this happen, I surely asked for Sunye’s phone number that time” Ji Yong thought silently while holding the Wonder Girls’ Irony costumes which was sent by the JYP’s staff. After checking out the costumes, Ji Yong realized that Sunye’s costume that he’ll be wearing was too small for him. “Taeyang, Sunye’s costume is too small for me, mind if I change with yours?” Ji Yong said to Taeyang when he saw him trying out So Hee’s costumes. “Sure” Taeyang undress the costume and passed it to Ji Yong.

Finally, the day of the Big Bang Concert come. Ji Yong looked at the awesome audience and his eyes searched if the person that he is looking for has arrived yet or not. “Hope, she is able to come” Ji Yong said, almost praying.
But Sunye did not manage to come that night...




*~*~*