~Chapter 8~

Losing Grip

Jonghyun had been awake for hours, walking around and cleaning up. Doing anything to occupy his self while the other two continued to sleep. After all Onew was passed out and no matter how many times he called the others name or shook him he just wouldn't wake up. Then he had checked to make sure the other was alive, which he was. 

So here he was, cleaning the already clean house and singing along to some song on the radio. Obviously bored and not caring who he woke up. He was to focused on sweeping all of the dust of the wooden floor so that it would look nicer that he didn't notice his rising voice, or the groan from the room next to him. 

He didn't even notice when Minho opened the door until the broom was ripped out of his hands and used to hit his side. "Why are you singing so loud so early?" The Choi nearly growled before tossing the broom and walkinh past the other. His hair was a mess and his eyes had small bags under them, making it obvious that he had not slept well.

"Why so grumpy?" Jonghyun muttered as he followed him, rubbing his side as he did so. 

"I couldn't sleep, and when I did you woke me up." Minho mumbled as he poured his self a bowl of cereal and sat at the table, the same place Onew had been just hours before and ate silently. His eyes seemed unfocused as he repeated his movements and ate slowly.

Jonghyun however just rolled his eyes and grabbed his broom, going back to sweeping but not singing. After all the broom had hurt. 

The two sat in silence except for the radio which seemed to only be playing very happy and upbeat music which irritated Minho to no end. But he said nothing and focused on his food, it was a tolerable taste thogh he would prefer it to be...wel to not be so sweet. He didn't seem to like such sweet things. 

Eventaully though he finsihed the cereal and stood, taking the bowl to the sink and putting it down before grabbing the sponge and soap getting ready to wash the bowl just as a loud thud could be heard from the other room. Both Jonghyun and Minho froze as they listened, after the thud was a series of curses then footsteps until Onew was seen in the living room, a large bruise forming on his forehead.

"Idiot," Jonghyun muttered as he put the broom aside and approached the other. "What did you do to yourself?" He asked, pressing two fingers to the bruise making the other wince and pull away.

"I just fell, ok? Nothing that bad." He muttered as he brushed past his friend and opened the fridge, hunting for something to eat. Meanwwhile Minho finshed clenaing his bowl and was drying his hands. He was leaning agasint the counter and watching the two silently, observing how they seemed to just accept the fact that he was here. Like he belonged when he really didn't. He wasn't part of their life, and they weren't part of his. 

The tall male sighed and ran a hand through his hair, he just couldn't see his self without these two idiots though. He had become attached to them. 

"Minho," Onew said suddenly causing the other to jump when he saw the older male right in front of him. "Get me that bowl please." He pointed to the bowl that the other had just washed and Minho nodded a second before placing the item in his hand. "Thanks." Then he turned and walked off, sitting down on a random chair and pouring his self a bowl of cereal and a cup of mile before calling Jonghyun over to put the milk away. 

It all seemed so normal to him, like it was common to be with them. But he wondered who his friends were before the accident. Were they serious people, or the crazy fun loving people? Were they poor, middle class, or rich? Were they mostly males? Or females?

Eventually though Minho shook his head as he recalled his dream, the reason he was unable to sleep after he had led Onew to his room. The image of the two boys sitting across from him and talking excitedly. He didn't know what they were saying, he couldn't hear them or see their surroundings but he knew they were happy with the way the moved their hands as they spoke. And their smiles.

Minho knew that he knew them, he couldn't recall a name or a memory to place them in but they were important to him. He knew that and he wanted to find them. The boy with the feline eyes and the other with the boyish features. He needed to find them and find out who they were to him. 

"So Minho," Onew began as he walked past him to place the now empty bowl in the sink, once again inerupting the others thoughts and making him focus on him. "I think we should go get you some things today....like clothes." The older eyed up the clothing the other was wearing and nodded. "Because these clothes barely fit you."

Jonghyun huffed and rolled his eyes at that. "Well my brother would only spare those." Onew nodded and turned to go back to his room. 

"I know, so we're getting more before your brother comes to complain." The male said before they heard a door close. 

"I'm going to assume he's getting dressed?" Minho mumbled and Jonghyun nodded. "Probably so you should you should get ready." 

Minho nodded and walked away to the room he had been using and grabbed a random comb, tugging it trough his hair before washing his face and brushing his teeth.

He was ready within minuted and back in the living room, pulling on his shoes as Onew came back into view and tugged on his shoes. "Ready?" He asked happily as Minho nodded and glanced at Jonghyun who was sitting on the couch, books open around him.

"What about him?" he asked as Onew grabbed the keys and a jacket. 

"He has to study, that's what you get when you skip so many lectures." The male said before leaving the place, Minho following immediatly and double checking that the door was locked. Then he hurried to the car and slipped into the passenger seat beside Onew who was playing with the radio and trying to find a song he liked. "Okay, so....what kind of clothes..." He mumbled when he found a song he enjoyed. 

"You expect me to know?" Minho asked when he turned and focused on the other who was watching him. "Just go somewhere and we'll see if the clothes suit me or not?" He offered as the other nodded.

"Ok then." He hummed before pulling out of the driveway.


"Taemin we should just head home." Key mumbled as he rubbed at his eyes and yawned. 

"No! Not until I find Minho!" The younger said loudly as he shook his head, trying to rid the sleepiness from his mind. 

"Minnie, just to rest then we can start looking again." He sighed as he wrapped his arm around the others shoulders and pulled him close. "We aren't the only ones looking, you know that Minho's brother is looking too. So we can rest for a bit." 

Taemin struggled though and pulled away. "No, because what if we just miss him? I had a feeling that we were so close so many times and I refuse to go back until I find him now. He was my only friend when I was younger, he protected me when the others beat me up and hurt me." His voice broke. "And I'm going to find him and help him, I'm going to bring him home where he is safe and sound."

Key just bit his lip as he listened and looked at the ground. "Okay." He finally said as he looked up at the other who was wiping at his eyes, trying not to cry. "One more place, then we go home for the day and rest." He said as he turned back to their car, walking away from the strange assortment of shops Taemin had brought them to this time. 

The younger male opened his mouth to say something but thought better of it and nodded as he slipped into the passenger seat and buckled his self in. "Let's go uptown then, to the south point." He mumbled.


Minho eyed up the shops as Onew drove past them, the stores seemed to be smaller and nicer and everyone around seemed happy. He was unused to it but didn't comment. 

"Okay so here there are a lot of clothes stores. I figure we should be able to find some stuff." Onew said with a wide smile as he pulled into a parking spot. "And we can have lunch here too! Theres this really awesome returant and everything." He rambled on, smile still on his face as Minho looked him over and felt a smile growing on his face as well. After all the other looked rather cute when he smiled like that.

"Sounds good to me." Minho hummed as he slipped out of the car and waited for the other to guide him somehwere, which didn't take long as he was brought into a laid back store that had music blasting.

The clothes though made Minho turn his nose and drag Onew out as soon as they entered. After all he wasn't very big on ripped jeans and jelly bracelets. 

"You didn't like it?" Onew asked as he looked up at the other, his skin tingling where the other touched. 

"Too.....not like me." Minho muttered as he walked down the strip, glancing in a few of the stores, his hand still on Onew's wrist. 

"Oh, well what about that store?" The older male asked as he slipped away from Minho, pulling his arm out of his reach as well trying to force his self to calm down. Because he could not like Minho. He just couldn't. It would be odd and weird and hell he wasn't even sure if Minho was straight or gay. Or if Minho even knew his own uality!

"Sure." Minho said quietly as they slipped into the store and glanced around. The music was quieter and it seemed a lot calmer. Not to mention that the clothes suited his tastes more than the other stores. 

"Just grab some stuff you like then you can try it on." Onew said as he walked past the other, eyes scanning over the shirts that hung on a rank beside him. He barely heard Minho's ok before he began to choose things he would like to see on the other as well. 

It took about fifteen minutes before they had settled by the dressing room and Onew has shoved the other into one of the small stalls with the clothing he had picked out. Then he settled down and waited for the other to show him, which he did.

He had chosed plain black pants and a rather tight fitting white shirt that defined his muscles well and made Onew smile widen. "Ok, that looks good." He commented as the other tugged on the collar of the shirt and raised a brow.

"You sure? It feels kinda tight..." He mumbled as Onew tsked. 

"It's not your just paranoid. Now try on another outfit!" He said as he closed the door behind the other. 


Key glanced out the window as they sat in the parked car, Taemin already unbuckling his self and getting ready to jump out.

"So why did you choose this place?" He asked as he followed suit and exited the car, hurrying to catch up with his friend. 

"Because me and Minho always come round here to get clothes, for us or for you. So maybe he remembered something and came here." He explained as he glanced into the store they frequented. 

"But we'll be here forever if we check every store." Key complained as he eyes up the many many stores.

"We aren't going to check them all, just a few." The younger mumbled as he turned away from the store and walked over to a cafe. "I wanna eat first though and maybe grab a coffee...." He trailed off before yawning and swinging the door open. 


They finally decideed on a few outfits and were standing in line with Minho holding most of the clothes in his arms as Onew went through them again and counted in his head to find out how much it would cost.

"Are you sure it wont be expensive?" Minho asked worried, he didn't want the other to have to watch the other pay so much for him and not be able to pay him back.

"It's fine now shush." Onew mumbled as it was their turn to pay and he walked up to the counter, placing the few shirts he had in his hand down before forcing Minho to do the same. 

The cashier rung them up and Onew gave her his credit card before smiling and signing the small electronic screen happily. "Thank you!" He chirped as he took some of the bags, though Minho took most before he could even try, smiling polietly at the woman before walking out of the store with the other who didn't even hesitate as he walked towards a cafe across the street. "Lunch time!" He chirped making Minho groan.



And that is that!!!! Do you guys like it? Yes? No? Comments?