~Chapter 13~

Losing Grip

Minho left the small entryway with Onew, hand holding the others loosely as he stared at the floor. He felt his heart beating nervously as he wondered what the other wanted to talk about. It was likely that he wanted to speak about the way Minho had confessed, if you could call it that. It made the man wonder how he ever got a girlfriend in the first place, though if the one at the door was any thing to go by they must've been crazy. Perfect.

"Onew..." He mumbled when the other continued to walk up the stairs to the room they had both been in not to long ago. He didn't like the idea of being alone with the older male since it triggered a sense of rejection in him and he wanted to jerk away and walk back to Key and that crazy girl. Though that didn't sound to good either. His life must've been a mess when he was hit by Onew. Maybe it was a good thing he lost his memory. But he still wanted his memories back, maybe it would help him make sense of some things. 

"Just wait." The elder replied as he opened the door and tugged Minho inside before closing the door firmly and turning to face the Choi. "You said that... you think you might be developing feelings for me..." he mumbled as he thought for a moment as Minho stared at him, eyes and face blank as a sort of defense against the nerves in his body. "Right?"

Minho huffed a bit and looked away as he nodded. "Yeah," He mumbled quietly before he began to shift awkwardly. He didn't like the way this was sounding and he had an odd feeling that everything was going to go wrong. 

"And you are sure about that?" He was asked. 

"What do you mean am I sure?" Minho asked, brows furrowed as he frowned. "Of course I'm sure. If I wasn't I wouldn't say something like that." He stepped forward and placed his hand on Onew's arm wanting some contact with the other but to scared to do much else. 

Onew breathed deeply before looking up at Minho, their eyes meeting for a long moment before he spoke again, voice choked eyes watery. "That's good, I-I have feelings for you too." A small smile appeared on his face as he reached up to cup Minho's cheek, fingers tracing his face for a moment before his hand fell onto Minho's shoulder as the taller male pulled him into a hug. He buried his face in the others shoulder as he breathed in the others scent and felt Onew's arms wrap around him as well. 

Though as happy as he was Onew felt as if he was fighting with his self. Because he had heard a lot about people who regain their memories, how their feelings often change once they come to. He didn't want the others feelings to change once he got so close to him. It would break him, but he didn't want to pull away from the other. He didn't want to reject him when they both had such feelings for each other. So he would be selfish for now. He would be with Minho for as long as he could and if the other decided he no longer liked him when he regained his memory than that's just the way it would have to be. 

Eventually Onew pulled away from the embrace and smiled back up at Minho who was smiling back down at him, brushing a bit of hair from Onew's face before leaning down slightly, moving slowly just in case the other wasn't ready and went to push him away. His breath caught for a moment as their lips touched in a soft and gentle kiss, and since Minho couldn't remember any other it was the same as his first kiss. 

It was short though as Onew pulled away as they heard the front door slam and Key's footsteps stomp up the stairs. They both laughed a bit awkwardly before Minho sighed and held the other against his chest. "We should sleep now, huh?" He asked and felt his heart beat a bit abnormally as Jinki nodded against his chest. 

Humming a bit he led the other to the bed and laid beside him on his back as Onew curled against his side. It felt right and he fell asleep quickly. 


He woke up the next morning and smiled up at Minho before stretching just enough to arch his back off the bed before slipping away and rubbing at his sleep filled eyes. He felt rather refreshed and though he didn't want to leave Minho's side he could hear something odd downstairs and felt the need to check out what was happening. Then he could come back and lay beside the other again. 

Shuffling for a moment he got used to the temperature of the room around him before making his way out of the bedroom, closing the door behind him since the noise just seemed to get louder. He furrowed his brow and walked down the stairs to find Key, of course, and Taemin arguing over something. It made him wonder if Key just enjoyed starting fights with people because he had yet to see the other happy for an extended period of time. 

"Onew!" Taemin called when his eyes landed on the man at the stairs. "Come here, I have to ask you something."

"Oh come on." Key whined as Onew walked over to them. "He is obviously going to be biased! He hit him for gods sake!"

Onew huffed at this and raised a brow when he reached Taemin. "Yeah?"

"Okay, so me and Key are arguing over taking Minho to the doctors or not." He said with a small nod as Onew froze for a second. "I said no, because obviously if he could keep going for this long then he is fine." He explained before Key spoke up.

"And? There could still be something wrong, if he got hit hard enough to loose his memory then someone should make sure the rest of his already screwed up brain is okay!" He yelled, trying to get his point across. "He needs to be checked, I care about my friend dammit. I want to know that he will be okay and that his memory loss is not permanent." His voice was softer now and full of worry as he began to tug at the bottom of his shirt, eyes downcast.

"I think we should take him to the doctors too..." Onew whispered. He wanted to make sure Minho was okay too, sure he could have taken him to the doctors sooner but it never crossed his mind since the other always seemed so physically able. 

"Ha! Two over one!" Key taunted as he jumped up, "We'll go as soon as he gets up!"