~Chapter 9~

Losing Grip

Taemin sighed as the woman handed him the thin white slip of paper and beamed at him. The usual Have a nice day! being exchanged before he made his way over to Key who was sitting at a table in the back corner, arms folded on the table and head resting a top of them. 

"You order me my drink?" He asked as the younger male slipped into the seat beside him.

"Yeah, your usual espresso. And I ordered a sandwich for me and a pastry for you." he said as he yawned and rubbed at his eyes. "I just wanna eat something."

Key snorted and rolled his eyes before sitting up and stretching his arms out in front of him. "I can imagine. I want sleep."

"We can't sleep until we search a bit more! This is just a break." Taemin muttered as he played with the paper and double checked the order number when he heard the girl call for 243, when they were 245. So he sighed and placed his hands into his pockets. 

Key just sighed and shook his head before resting on the table once again. "Whatever. Just get the food when the lady calls."


Onew smiled when they entered the cafe and led Minho to the first open table he saw so the taller male could put the bags down. The male seemed to sigh a bit as he placed the bags down and let out a small gasp when the other grabbed his hand and dragged him to the counter to order. 

"So what do you want?" Onew asked as Minho squinted at the hundreds of foods listed above him. They all seemed to fancy and annoying but he chose something anyway. 

"Just get me a small coffee and a cake." He mumbled before rubbing at the back of his neck. "I'll be right back."

"Where are you going?" Onew asked as he looked away from the menu and looking at the other. 

"Bathroom." The other mumbled in response as he walked away from the other and towards the back of the cafe with the sign that signaled the bathrooms. 

Onew just shrugged and turned to the smiling woman ordering their food quickly and taking the slip gratefully before stepping back and walking back to the table where their stuff was. He sat down beside the bags and waited, swinging his legs as he glanced around at everyone in the cafe, observing each of them for a second out of habit. 

He couldn't help it after all and he found it fun to see how the dressed and guess what was going on in their life. His eyes were drawn to a certain boy as he stood up from a back table just as a number was called and Onew frowned. Whoever he was he was having a hard time. Messed up hair, bags under his eyes and ruffled clothes. 

Though he barely had time to observe him further when he heard his number get called. So he jumped up and made his way to the counter, smiling sweetly at the woman as the male next to him took his stuff as well, calling to someone to help. 

"Key! Get over here and get your drink!"

Onew nearly dropped his food at that moment as large hands steadied him from behind, and Minho's voice asked him if he was okay. Key. They had been searching for a Key. And it was unlikely that this was a coincidence. 

"Onew..." Minho whispered as he rubbed the others back, smiling apologetically to the woman who was watching them, worried. "Onew are you okay?" He asked again, before leading the other away from the line.

"Minho...." The smaller man whispered as he searched for the disheveled man again. "Key....you remember a man named Key right?" He asked with wide eyes as he clutched the others shirt just as his eyes landed on the man from before who was settling down beside a blonde, backs turned to them. 

"Yeah, why?" Minho asked confused as he turned his head and followed the others line of vision. 

"That man there, called the other Key..... do you think that's your Key?" He asked, voice higher than usual. Because he didn't want it to be Minho's Key. He wanted to be wrong, because if it was who he thought it was they would take Minho. He would loose him when he had become attached to him. He didn't want Minho to go home just yet, he was happy and wanted to stay with him for just the rest of the day.

"My Key?" He mumbled as he stared at the two who seemed so exhausted if their slumped shoulders were any indication of how they were feeling. "I...." 

He was a bit shocked his self, after all Minho wasn't really expecting to find this Key like this. And how were they supposed to go about finding out if this was who they assumed it was? Were they just supposed to walk up to them and ask? Or would they recognize Minho right away? It was too much for him. 

"Let's just eat for now." He mumbled as he led the other to their table. "We're right in front of the door after all. When I see them coming I'll drop something or whatever to get their attention, and if they recognize me we can go from there."

It was stupid and odd of him, but it was the only thing that Minho would be able to do at the moment without changing his mind of freaking out random people. 

Yet he couldn't eat and it seemed that Onew couldn't either as he played with his food and only took small sips of his drink every now and then. But he didn't say a thing as he kept an eye on the two males who seemed to be talking calmly before standing and cleaning off their table, making Minho's back stiffen for a moment. 

It wasn't until the blond turned towards the door that Minho recognized him, he was one of the boys in his dream from the night before. One of the reasons he couldn't sleep. He knew him, the male had a connection to who Minho was, to what his life was like. His eyes widened and he stood quickly as they approached them. 

They boy froze as soon as their eyes landed on him and Onew watched them, eyes partially closed. 

"Minho?" The first boy whispered as he stepped towards him, eyes disbelieving as he pressed his fist to Minho's chest. "Oh..." He whimpered when his hand made contact with him.

Minho kept silent though even as the boy threw his arms around him and began to cry, the blond was staring at him, shocked and frozen until Onew moved at which point he snapped his head to the side and glared. 

"You're the that took him!" He exclaimed before looking at the taller male. "Minho why didn't you come home! Why did you let us worry!" 

"I...." He trailed off before looking down at the boy who was clinging to him. "I barely remember anything. Just your faces...."

The blond stared at him before shaking his head and rubbing at his eyes. "Your serious?" He asked, voice breaking as he glared at Onew once more. "Then how does this brat come into it?" He asked, voice cracking slightly. 

"Ah, I don't think is the best place to speak about such things...." Minho mumbled as Onew leaned away from the other.

"Let's just take Minho home and call the cops!" The one whined. 

"The cops?" Minho asked loudly causing others to look at them before he pulled away from the small male. "Let's just go somewhere private and work things out..." 

"What is there to work out?" The feline like male asked, seeming angry once again. 

"The stories, what happened. Everything."