~Chapter 10~

Losing Grip

Onew hated this. The tension in the car as he drove to where he assumed one of the three lived. Since Key, whoever the hell the male was, refused to go back his place, he had to follow the two. Thankfully Minho opted to go in the car with him, so he wasn't alone. If he was he probably would've cried.

Because this meant that this was the end. Sure he had wanted Minho to find where he was from, to go back home to his friends and family. But not to soon. He had just started to have feelings for the other and now he had to loose him so quickly. 

Onew wasn't ready for that. He wanted to cling to the other and tell him to forget about whoever the others were and to come back and stay with him forever. Yet even as he thought it he knew it was wrong and that he could never do that. 

"Onew..." The other said suddenly, making the elder's eyes glance over as he continued to drive. "You think they're going to want me to stay with them?" 

The male bit his lip and looked away, focusing only on the road as he thought out his answer to the question that would make him seem unbiased. 

Onew bit his lip when he felt the others eyes on him, curious and waiting for an answer. "Of course they are going to want that....think from their point of view." He muttered. Onew didn't want them to try to take Minho away, thought they had every right to. 

"But I don't know them. I mean....I do know them...I recognize them bur I dont....I don't remember them." Minho explained, leaving small pauses between every few words as he stared at his hands. "I know I know them, but I know you better. I want to stay with you and Jonghyun." 

Onew clenched his fists around the steering wheel as he pulled into a large driveway behind the others and looked over at Minho who had his eyes closed tight. "I know, but they know you best okay? They will know what's best for you." He said placing his hand on the others leg, just above his knee. His mind was reeling too fast and he didn't know how to process what was going on. 

He was happy yes. After all Minho wanted to stay with him and Jonghyun. That he would choose them first. But also sad, because in all reality it depended on the two who were already out of their car and walking towards them. 

So Onew straightened up and pulled his hand away from Minho before turning off the car and slipping out of the vehicle, Minho following suit only to have the smaller boy grab onto his arm immediately. The other man, Key, was standing beside Onew and leading the other into the house, making the Lee feel like a murder suspect.

The male next to Onew unlocked the door and let them all inside, Minho being led to the loveseat instantly, leaving Onew and Key to sit side by side on the couch.

The room stayed silent. Not a single one of them knowing what to say to start up the conversation they all knew needed to happen. They barely even looked at each other, not knowing what to do if their eyes were to meet.

Finally Minho cleared his throat. "So....can you two...tell me who you are to me and where we are?" He asked, eyes glancing over at Onew first before focusing on Key across from him.

"Who we are?" The feline like male spoke as he shifted awkwardly. "Well we're your best friends, I'm Kim Kibum and that is Lee Taemin. And we are at your house." He said it slowly though, as if speaking to a small child and it irritated Minho.

"My house..." He mumbled as he glanced around, not recognizing a single thing. 

"Yes, now can you do us a favor and tell us what happened, or at least what you two can put together. Me and Taemin have been searching everywhere, called the cops and everything," Key whispered, sounding weak and defeated for the first time since he had ran into Onew and Minho. 

Onew stiffened at the mention of cops before looking up at Minho and seeing the others eyes on him as well. "Well..." Onew began as he turned to the other. "I was driving home from my college, and I wasn't going above the speed limit, I had a green light and kept driving, not slowing down and I hit Minho." He stopped at this part, hearing a small noise come from Taemin before continuing. "And I freaked out, I got out of my car and checked him out then took him into my car and brought him home. Thinking my room mate would know what to do. But he didn't and we went searching for somewhere that Minho could find someone but couldn't find anyone." 

He breathed deeply and stayed focused on Key's face which was blank, no anger, sadness or understanding just blank. Even as Minho slipped away from Taemin and walked over to the two males, placing a hand on Onew's shoulder when he saw his nervous expression.

"You....hit him with your car...then took him to your home." Key said as he narrowed his eyes. 

Taemin was just staring in slight shock at the news of what had happened before jumping on Key who lunged up in an attempt to grab Onew. "Key calm down!"

"Why he practically kidnapped him!" The older male yelled as he shoved Taemin off him and went after Onew again only to be grabbed by Minho, who easily lifted him and tossed him back on the couch. 

"Stop." Minho growled as he tugged Onew behind him and glared at Key. "He did not kidnap me. He took care of me." 

Taemin looked up at Minho as Key scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Stockholm Syndrome." The male hissed as he crossed his arms over his chest. 

"Look," Taemin said, trying to be the voice of reason as Minho bared his teeth at Key looking about ready to knock him out, "just leave Minho here and go home okay? He's where he belongs. And when you leave we can start getting his life back on track."

Onew whimpered at this and held onto Minho's shirt. He knew Taemin was right, and that him leaving Minho here with them was the best thing to do. But he didn't want to go home without Minho. His lip quivered as he let go of the taller male's shirt and backed away from him, eyes downcast as he prepared to leave. To do what was best.

He turned to Taemin and forced a small smile before taking a step towards the door and being jerked back by Minho. 

"He's not leaving." The Choi said as he held Onew in place, causing Taemin to frown and Key's glare to intensify. "I know him more than I know you two, and I want him to stay. If I stay here so does he. Until I regain my memories."