~Chapter 14~

Losing Grip

He groaned, stretching out his arm and sighing when all he found was a cold bed at the ends of his finger tips. "Onew....?" He mumbled, voice groggy and clouded with sleep as he forced his eyes open and frowned when the other was not in the room.

Shaking his head and ignoring the small throb of an oncoming headache, Minho sat up, letting the blankets pool around his waist before tossing his legs over the edge of the bed and standing. "Onew?" He called again, running a hand through his tangled hair as he opened the door and sighed at the sound of the TV blasting some cartoon he wasn't sure if he remembered or not. 

Shuffling to the stairs Minho reached out, gripping onto the railing as he walked down, ignoring the cold wood on his feet. He reached the bottom quickly and smiled at Taemin who was laying on the couch, remote dangling from his fingers as he stared at the TV screen in a dazed state and barely waving a good morning as the other passed. 

It wasn't until he was in the kitchen that he found Onew, eating whatever Key had made him and rambling on about something or other. He watched silently for a moment, watching the way Onew's expressions changed and his smile widened before he laughed. Then he walked over and sat next to him, smiling when the other blinked at him confused before smiling wide. 

"Minho! Did you sleep well?" He asked, tilting his head and holding up a strip of bacon to the taller boy as Key sat across from them.

He nodded, taking the bacon and eating it happily as Key watched him quietly, cup of tea in his hands. "Minho." He hummed quietly, watching as the other tore his gaze away from Jinki and focused on him. "We're going out today, ok?"

The Choi raised a brow, looking to Onew who's face had fallen to a rather serious expression as his fork pushed around his eggs. "Where are we going?" He asked, worry settling itself in his stomach and nestling there as Key looked to Onew before answering. "The hospital."

He froze, fingers clenching and eyes widening as he looked to Onew who just shrugged and took a bite of his eggs. "But I'm fine! Obviously." He said, mind racing. Something bad could happen to Onew. They might take Onew away. Lock him up. And he'd die before that happened. 

"There could be some other problems," Onew said, standing to put his plate in the sink before leaning against the counter. "We just want to make sure you're ok." He tilted his head slightly and smiled just softly. "It's for the best."

Minho just stared at him, brows furrowed before he shook his head and stood up. "And what if they arrest you?" He asked, barely acknowledging Key's sigh. 

"I honestly don't think they will." He said, pursing his lips as Minho walked over to him, mind racing. He didn't want to risk a thing, didn't want to have the other locked up in front of him. It wasn't as though he had been hurt, well he had, but they hadn't hurt him after that! They cooked for him, let him stay in their home as he tried to remember and took care of him. "I mean, if you don't press charges, what can they do?"

Minho blinked, trying to understand before shaking his head and sighing, shoulders slumping. "Alright, let's go then." He mumbled, reaching for Jinki's hand and holding on tight when he reached it. 


They reached the hospital an hour later, Taemin staying behind with a huff and a few mumbled words.

The building was large, the red cross on the front making Onew sigh as they got out of the car and walked towards the door, Minhos hand finding his once again as the doors slid open and a gust of cool air blew over their faces. 

Key pointed to the seats before walking to the desk, keys twirling around his finger as the other two sat down. Minho's hand clenched around Jinki's and after a moment the elder rest his head on Minho's shoulder with a quiet sigh. "You can relax," He whispered, eyes closing as Minho grit his teeth. 

"Its hard to," He muttered in response as Key came back and sat on the opposite side of Minho and raised a brow. "What if they take you Onew? I don't want to be seperated."

Onew just let out a breath through his nose before closing his eyes, holding onto Minhos hand. "They won't everything will be ok." He repeated, Minho not responding as he stared at the desk. 

It wasn't long until a nurse walked out, the clacking of her heels making Minhos shoulder tense up once agian, and his eyes snap up when his name was called. "Here!" Key chirped, standing up and waving to the nurse who nodded for them to follow before turning and striding down the plain white halls. They reached a room, labeled 134, and stepped inside. The nurse bowing her head before taking back off down the hall to deal with other patients. 

Jinki looked around, following Minho as the other tugged on his hand. Key had taken his seat on the sall plastic chair in the corner, Minho on the bed and Jinki stattioned beside him as he refused to let go of his hand. 

"Minho, let go of the poor boy." Key said, glancing towards the hands with a frown making Jinki shift awkawrdly. "He probably wants to sit down."

Minho frowned and moved over, letting Onew climb on with a small sigh. "I was fine standing." He mumbled just as the doctor walked in, the man barely glancing at them as he moved to the small blue desk situated in the corner before grabbing a clipboard. 

"Mr.Choi?" He asked, stepping towards the two on the bed and looking between them focusing on Minho when Jinki shook his head. "Alright, well, the report is that you're suffering from amnesia?" The man grabbed the small black swivel chair and pulled it towards the bed, sitting down on it and looking up at Minho who nodded. "How did this come about? What can you remember?" The doctor asked, making Minho look to Jinki with wide eyes before Key spoke up, 

"Head injury and he remembers very little, first names at most." He answered, the doctor nodding as he scribbled away on his papers before standing and walking towards Minho.

"Have you had any headaches? Felt dizzy or nauseous?" He asked quietly, pressing his fingers to different spots on Minho's head. 

"A headache every once in a while." The Choi answered before stiffening when the doctor asked Jinki and Key to leave. "No!" He shook his head, reaching for Jinki who was already standing. 

"It's ok Minho." The other replied with a smile, squeezing the youngers hand before turning to leave when Minho let go and turned back to the doctor. 


They returned home in the evening, having gone out to eat afterwards. 

The doctor had told them that overall everything was ok, there was minor tissue bruising but nothing that would affect Minho. And also to keep in contact if anything drastic changed. It was all positive, he had even stated that it was likely Minho would regain his memories. Which had made Key ecstatic, after all he would have his best friend back! Even if it meant it was unlikely for Minho to feel the same for Jinki, which made the other two sluggish and depressed.

"Tae!" Key chimed, tossing open the door and hurrying inside as Onew reached for Minhos hand and dragged him upstairs to the room they had slept in the night before, passing the youngest on their way up without a second glance.

Minho sat on the bed as Jinki closed the door. "I don't want to remember anything." He said finally, looking down at his feet as Jinki walked over and sat beside him. "I mean, me and you just barely confessed!"  His brows were furrowed as he said this, and it made the older male want to crack a joke.

"I know, but that just means we have to make the most of whatever time we have before you remember, and hey, maybe nothing will change!" He chirped just as Minho looked up, a silly grin on his face that made the taller male sigh and smile back. 

"If that's all we can do." He mumbled before leaning in to catch Jinki's lips in a small kiss, his hand caressing the back of the others head. The other just smiled, returning the kiss happily as his eyes slid closed and Minho pressed closer just slightly, his free hand reaching forward and resting on Jinki's hip. 



Alright~ That's that for now!
Hope you guys liked it well enough, and a question for you all!
in the next chapter? Or no?