Chapter 5

Demons' lair

‘Byungie!’ JoKwon smiled, when Byunghee arrived the next day. ‘And you are wearing the leather pants I chose for you, good boy.’ he said slapping Byunghee’s thighs.

‘What are you yelling for?’ came the irritated voice of the Leadja from above.

‘Byunghee is here and he is wearing my design.’ Kwon chirped brightly.

‘Let me see.’ Jay hurried down. ‘I don’t want him to look like clown.’ he added, smirking slightly.

‘Haha, very funny.’

‘…’ Jay didn’t say anything as he looked Byunghee up and down. Then a lopsided smirk broke out on his features. ‘Remind me to give you a bonus Kwon, you actually did great.’

‘I told you.’ Kwon answered smugly.

Byunghee felt a bit weird, being stared at like that… though he was wearing tight black leather pants with a blue and white fitting graphic t-shirt, he shouldn’t complain.

‘Good.’ Jay nodded again. ‘The kids will love it, which means more cash for us.’ he snickered.

Truly materialist… no doubt about it.

‘Did you come up with a name for him?’ JoKwon asked, still smiling proudly at his work.

‘Bluebird it is.’ Jay said, snapping out from his money related daydream. ‘He is our own singing birdie.’ he smirked, than motioned for Byunghee to come closer. ‘We just need a bit of design here.’ he added and got eyeliners out of his pocket.

Why was he even keeping something like that? Byunghee didn’t want to know…

But Bluebird didn’t sound bad, maybe a bit weird for now.

‘Just when did you practice drawing?’ JoKwon asked.

‘I am just naturally gifted.’ Jay answered as he drew something beside Byunghee’s left eye. ‘Alright take a look.’

Kwon trusted his mirror into Byunghee’s hands. And he finally got to see his boss’ handiwork.

It was a blue and black feather design, with a bit of glitter. It was cool; he looked kind of good with it…

‘So?’ Jay asked, folding his arms.

‘It’s cool Jay, thanks.’ Byunghee answered. Even if he didn’t like it he wouldn’t have said it out loud…the Leadja was a scary person.

‘No problem birdie.’ he smirked. ‘Now go and open the doors, the others will be here in an hour as well.’ he waved them off and marched up.

 

‘Byungie!’ Joon greeted him a bit later; he was the first to arrive. ‘You look great, already adapting I see.’ he smiled, patting him on the back.

‘Don’t flirt with my birdie.’ Kwon warned mockingly.

‘Birdie?’ Joon asked.

‘It’s my name, Bluebird.’ Byunghee answered.

‘Jay was quite creative then. It suits you.’ Joon complimented with a wide smile, causing Byunghee to blush slightly.

Was he really flirting with me? Byunghee thought, as he hastily turned back towards the messy bottles.

‘Alright enough with that greasy smile.’ Jay said, looking out from behind the curtains. ‘Go and do your job already. If another underage gets in here, somebody will be backhanded by me.’ he warned, eyes glinting dangerously.

‘Yes boss!’ Joon yelped and hurried to the entrance.

The next half an hour went smoothly, crowd turning more rowdy, getting hit on, getting invited for shots… just the usual, really.

‘Look who is here, the fresh meat!’ the Emperor’s unmistakable cocky voice resonated through the bar as he went over to greet Byunghee. ‘My drinking hero, you look hot in leather.’ he smirked teasingly.

‘Damn right, though I’m trying to woo him out of it for the past hour.’ smirked a bold woman, who was really interested in Byunghee.

‘Man, can’t you find a guy already.’ Junho snickered, pouring a glass for himself and toasted with the woman.

‘I’m trying, but you are in the way.’

The Emperor snorted and turned to Byunghee.

‘Ignore her, she hangs around here whenever she divorces.’ he explained, earning a finger from the woman which he returned with a smirk. ‘By the way, what name are you going by?’

‘Bluebird.’ Byunghee answered, watching the interaction.

‘A very cute birdie.’ came someone else’s voice from the drinking crowd.

‘Jay is turning sentimental.’ Junho snorted again, and started to work. Getting into fiery arguments and got more whisky for himself then the costumers… He really had an anger management issue.

‘Hey, you are the new guy?’ came a bright voice from behind him.

Byunghee turned around and was greeted by the smiling Fox and the bouncer he saw the last time.

‘Yeah, Jung Byunghee or Bluebird.’ he smiled extending his hand.

‘I’m Jang Wooyoung or Fox.’ Wooyoung smiled back and shook the offered hand, he had adorable chubby cheeks.  ‘And that’s Giant, Im Seulong.’ he introduced the guy, who waved slightly before heading towards the entrance.

‘Manner man as always.’ Kwon snickered as he moved past them.

‘Don’t worry he is just shy in front of new people.’ Wooyoung smiled.

Shy? A silly and naïve bouncer paired up with a shy giant…good match.

‘But don’t stand around; we will start in 30 minutes.’ Wooyoung smiled again and dragged Byunghee to the counter, starting to take up orders with him.

‘My, my. If it isn’t my lovely Byungie.’ somebody familiar chuckled from the first row.

‘Jinwoon.’ Byunghee stated in a monotone. ‘What can I get you my dearest?’ he asked, leaning against the counter.

‘The usual.’ he smiled back, eyes disappearing in the process. ‘And one for Mir too.’

‘Yah Birdie, give me a hand!’ Jay shouted from the door.

‘Birdie?’ Jinwoon smiled wider, if that was even possible.

‘Shut up.’

‘You will never live this down!’

‘And you won’t live to spread the word.’

‘Bluebird!’ came the loud voice from the back again.

‘Diva, get him the usual.’ Byunghee shouted through the loud music and hurried to the back, flipping Jinwoon off for the heck of it.

‘Finally! Get those boxes inside for me, that stupid bastard came late again.’ Jay fumed as he pointed out a bunch of boxes at the door.

‘Right.’

The dirty work is always left for the newbie…

‘Who are you?’ a low voice asked as he lifted the last box inside.

Byunghee turned around in surprise and nearly had a heart attack. It was the Italian and… and the Panda.

He vehemently tried to ignore the fact that they will work together, because it always resulted in butterflies in his stomach and a beat red face… but he had to face it, literally that he will be his…crush’s coworker. And Jinwoon also never failed to point it out for him…

‘… I’m the new guy.’ he managed to say. Gosh I must look like an idiot.

The Italian looked him up and down, cold eyes taking in every detail… it was a scary experience, but he couldn’t face the other either… that would be just plain awkward.

‘Name?’ the Italian asked, voice still icy.

‘I’m Jung Byunghee, Bluebird.’ he introduced himself. It felt like an interrogation.

‘Byungie! Ah, there you are!’ JoKwon, his now official savior entered the back room. ‘Chansung-ah! Don’t stare the poor guy down, he is harmless!’ he chuckled and the Italian’s icy stare lost a bit of its edge.

Byunghee wanted to sigh in relief…

‘That grumpy is Hwang Chansung.’ Kwon poked the tall guy in the ribs, who just grumbled in response, nodded once and left the room.

The Diva glared after him, mumbling something about an ill mannered maknae.

Byunghee smiled a bit at his grumbling friend, when he felt another pair of eyes on him.

The Panda still didn’t say a word.

‘And the ice prince here is-‘

‘Yang Seungho. Thanks Kwon but I can speak on my own unlike that brat.’ he said, cutting of JoKwon, eyes not leaving Byunghee.

His voice was still mellow and smooth, turning Byunghee’s legs successfully into jelly.

‘I told you I will see you again, Bluebird.’ Seungho smiled faintly – Byunghee’s heart skipped a beat –and brushed past him, going to the front as well.

And he had the same exotic scent…

‘You are coming?’ JoKwon asked. ‘We are starting soon.’

‘Yeah, just give me a minute.’ Byunghee said and as soon as Kwon left the room he collapsed on the nearest sofa.

He remembered me! He thought clutching his racing heart. Oh, God he was so screwed… he thought the cold prince didn’t have such an effect on him anymore, but oh he did alright, an even greater effect than last time. But this really shouldn’t happen…

‘Yo, birdie! Finished yet?’ Jay shouted, the cheers from the crowd were turning louder and louder by the moment.

‘Yeah, I’m coming!’ he shouted back, slapped his cheeks lightly and took a deep breath. You can do this!

‘Yah everybody!’ Jay was already on the counter along with Junho, who was busy forcing a bottle of whisky down someone’s throat. ‘I’ve got you all a new Demon.’ he announced and the bar erupted into loud screams.

Junho stopped terrorizing the first row and dragged Byunghee up beside himself. It resulted in an even louder cheering.

‘Bluebird is the name, engrave it into your non existing brain.’ Junho shouted, still not letting go of the surprised Byunghee. Then turned to him with a smirk. ‘I’ll heat up the crowd for you.’

With that he grabbed a bottle of whiskey and poured it on the counter than light it on fire.

Byunghee jumped back a bit… thank God the counter was wide enough for the trick.

‘Now you sing with me.’ the Emperor smirked and threw a mic to Byunghee. ‘Since you already knew my favorite song.’

Was that his way of befriending somebody? Byunghee smirked back at Junho as the familiar tune of Supermassive Black Hole resonated from the stereo.

He forgot about his flustered state and gave himself into the music. The duet with Junho was a lot of fun and he was an expert in teasing the crowd, sending them cocky smirks and swaying around his prized as Jay called it.

‘That’s my boy!’ he heard Jinwoon’s voice in the crowd along with Mir’s loud cheering and he smirked at their direction, getting braver by the support.

When they finished the kids went wild, and Jay needed to calm them down… with spraying coldwater on them.

‘He will be back later, I promise.’ he smirked. Then Wooyoung and JoKwon took the stage, and Byunghee did his job as a bartender, orders flying from every direction.

He was working beside Junho, who seemed to take a liking in him. And he was actually glad; he might have broken something if the Panda was any closer to him.

‘Get me whisky and water.’ somebody ordered and Byunghee stopped. Water? That didn’t sound right in this place.

‘What?’ he asked instead, grabbing Jay’s attention.

The guy repeated the order and Jay stepped closer.

‘We don’t sell water here, kiddo.’ he said, and grabbed the loudspeaker. ‘Do we sell water?’ he shouted.

‘Hell no!!’

‘But I’ll give you water alright.’ Jay smirked and sprayed the guy with cold water. ‘Good job Birdie, I knew you had potential.’ he added and flicked Byunghee’s forehead.

‘Dude you were born to work here.’ Junho snickered.

 

He got a fifteen minutes break at 2am with JoKwon, and he was really glad to escape the bar for a bit… watching Seungho from up-close on the stage… Thank God they were very busy or he might have gotten a nosebleed on the spot.

‘I’ll take a nap.’ the Diva said and sat down on a couch.

‘Okay, I’ll get some fresh air.’ Byunghee said and escaped through the back door.

He really didn’t think this through… working with Seungho… gosh he was so screwed. He didn’t think he would actually crush this hard on a guy. But he liked the job…

Why does it always have to be so complicated? Byunghee groaned, shaking his head in frustration.

‘Hey it’s the new one.’ a very slurry voice came from the dark alley and Byunghee spotted two drunken men grinning at his direction.

‘He is.’ the other slurred and moved towards Byunghee. ‘Come on pretty boy, don’t you want to have some fun with me.’ he grinned, breath smelling heavily from alcohol.

Byunghee stepped back in disgust but the guy grabbed his arm.

‘Let go of me you bastard.’ Byunghee shouted and hit the man square on the face, sending him stumbling but he still did not let go.

‘You !’ the man shouted and swing his arm to throw a punch.

‘Yah you! Leave him alone!’ Joon arrived to the alley, running at fast speed.

He grabbed the man by the collar and sneered dangerously at him.

‘You get the out of here now or I’ll castrate you.’ he growled, and pushed the man to the ground.

The two bastards ran away, and Byunghee just stared in surprise after them.

So that is why Joon was the bouncer here.

‘What happened?’ Kwon appeared at the back door, blinking sleepily.

‘Nothing, just some rats caused trouble.’ Joon smiled at him reassuringly.

Kwon nodded and went back to sleep.

‘You okay?’ Joon turned to Byunghee, inspecting his face.

‘I’m fine. Thanks for getting rid of them.’ he answered.

‘Sure thing. We don’t want anything to happen to our birdie.’ Joon smiled and led Byunghee to the entrance.

‘What happened?’ Seulong asked, glancing at Byunghee.

‘ happened.’ Joon smiled when a small red lamp started to glower on their table. ‘I’ll take care of it. Stay with Byunghee, alright?’ Joon said and hurried inside.

‘You okay?’ Seulong asked in a quiet voice.

‘Yeah everything is alright.’ Byunghee smiled at the Giant, though his hand throbbed from the punch.

Seulong smiled back softly, when Joon kicked the door open throwing some guy out.

‘Keep your hands to yourself, disgusting er.’ Joon shouted. He was again in a serious mood, silly smile gone from his features.

‘You took care of him?’ Jay appeared at the door. ‘And what was that shouting in the alley?’

‘I did, and somebody was an to our Birdie.’ Joon explained voice still tight from anger.

Jay hawk-eyes immediately focused on Byunghee, who just sent him a reassuring smile. The Leadja didn’t say anything, just motioned for him to come inside.

Byunghee followed him, waving slightly to the other two.

‘You want to quit, don’t you?’ Jay asked finally in the entrance hall.

‘What? Why would I?’ Byunghee asked, dumbfounded.

Now it was Jay’s turn to stare.

‘It can happen to anyone, I won’t quit because of some ty bastard.’ Byunghee said; he was not some delicate flower to be scared away by that. Sure he got freaked out for a moment and sure it will be weird with his current crushing on the blond beauty … but he started to warm up to the place.

Jay blinked at him then smirked.

‘Good, I like you kiddo.’ he said, affectionately mussing Byunghee’s hair up. Though he was shorter than him… ‘But enough of this .’ Jay turned back to his usual self again, bit embarrassed at his sudden sentiment. ‘Your brake is up, go and earn me money.’ he smirked and slapped his back.


First official meeting... wonder how Byunghee can manage this :D

Also: Did you guys see? G.O is releasing a solo song again! Can't wait~ *.*