Chapter 21

Demons' lair

‘Oh my gawd… it’s already Friday! I can’t wait to see you both on stage.’ Jinwoon laughed, excitedly bouncing as the trio waited for their bus.

‘You are telling me… I’ve never been this nervous.’ Mir said, fidgeting in his place.

Byunghee just hummed noncommittally. Truth to be told he didn’t sleep much because he was half nervous of his performance and half restless as he thought about his prince. He wanted to break down all of his barriers and make him happy… and the tension, he needed to do something about it. He was hungry for his touches, he needed his glance, he wanted to taste and feel him… never did he wanted somebody like this before. He felt incomplete without him…

‘Seungho.’ Mir said, not feeling disturbed anymore by the fact that he read his hyung like an open book.

‘Again?’ Jinwoon asked, grinning. ‘You’ve never been this into anybody… I’m actually waiting for your marriage.’

‘Don’t be stupid.’ Byunghee spluttered, face turning red… they can’t even… not that it sounded bad.

 ‘I suddenly feel nostalgic.’ Jinwoon sighed after he had his share of laughter at the expense of Byunghee. ‘I remember when we first went to the lair together… you were such a mop and you so totally fell for Seungho from the first second.’ he chuckled, poking Byunghee’s cheeks.

I did but it took some time till I accepted it…

‘And you were so full of yourself, boasting about your night-life.’ Mir snorted earning a hit from the mentioned.

‘Such a pain in the …’ Jinwoon said, not feeling sorry about the hit.

‘Hyung!’ Mir yelped.

Byunghee chuckled at the whining maknae but really, that one night changed all of his life… starting from falling for a guy, being a bartender, getting involved with the mafia, finding unique and irreplaceable friends until he was sure he couldn’t live without any of it... It was impossible to return back.

‘But you were the one that gave me real headache… getting beaten up, shot at… you have a lot to pay back!’ Jinwoon exclaimed suddenly, tackling Byunghee into a bone crushing hug.

‘I got it! Stop harassing me!’ Byunghee yelled, fighting back as Jinwoon lifted him up and off the ground. I’m sure I can never repay you guys for the rest of my life.

‘Don’t forget you introduced him to brother-in-law as well.’ Mir piped up as he massaged the back of his head, happy to direct all of Jinwoon’s attention to Byunghee.

‘Shut up Mir!’ Byunghee yelled. I know it all too well.

‘Damn right!’ Jinwoon laughed tickling the brunet as he pulled Mir into the hug-fight as well, the laughter of the three friends filling the empty bus stop.

 

‘Yo, we are here!’ Byunghee greeted pulling the back door open.

‘First as always.’ Jay chuckled as he maneuvered a suspicious box to the front. ‘Come and help me out here.’

‘What’s left to do?’ Jinwoon asked, peaking through the curtain. ‘Wow!’

‘It’s good isn’t it?’ Jay laughed and Byunghee hurriedly stepped past Jinwoon to see what was going on only to stop dead in his track.

The lair looked classier than ever, the number of lanterns grow, brightening up the counter and gold flame-like mirrors were attached to some of them, breaking the light in an eerie-cool kind of way. The messy pictures were all covered with poster sized photos of the Demons and the costumers, telling the story of the past three years and a huge, metal ‘Happy Birthday Bastards!’ sign took up the liquor shelves.

Byunghee fell in love with the lair yet again, just like the first time he saw it.

 ‘Like it?’ the Leadja asked as he unloaded the box on the counter.

‘Very.’ the trio breathed out in awe.

‘But who did all of this?’ Byunghee asked, stepping up the stairs to take a look at the pictures. ‘There was nothing here yesterday.’

‘That would be us.’ a familiar accented voice chirped from the back and sure enough Nichkhun and Cheondung arrived to the front with more boxes.

‘We made it all pretty and special.’ Cheondung yawned, trusting his box into Jinwoon’s hand. ‘Be a darling and use your long- arms.’ he said with a half-smile and moved to stand beside Byunghee.

‘Sure, love!’ Jinwoon called after him with a smirk and hauled the box over to Mir.

‘So what are you doing here?’ Byunghee asked Cheondung as he turned back to take a better look at all the posters.

‘It’s a special day, so of course we are here to celebrate with our friends.’ Cheondung explained. ‘We are here every year, trying to help a bit… and not only because Wooyoung is here.’ he added with a chuckle pointing at a photo of Nichkhun and Wooyoung, grinning widely at the camera.

Byunghee smiled in return, the Rising Sun crew was really like family, friends… and he didn’t even want to think about what would have happened without them. As Jinwoon once said the they were their guardian angels.

‘Thanks.’ Byunghee said and smiled at a silly picture of Seungho and Joon.

‘I said not to mention it.’ Cheondung barked, turning red.

‘No talking! Help us!’ Nichkhun laughed as he jumped on their back.

‘Hey, Khun.’ Byunghee chuckled, balancing out the taller guy as Cheondung threw him off of himself.

‘Mom and Hyung will come later.’ the Thai chirped not caring much about the cold treatment. ‘But first Mom makes a mess out of the kitchen for a surprise breakfast!’ he added excitedly, resting his chin on the brunet’s shoulder looking at the pictures as well.

‘Yeah and giving Hyung a hard time as always.’ Cheondung chuckled.

‘Knowing it’s Jinyoung… I’m sure he is.’ Byunghee deadpanned earning a hearty laugh from Nichkhun.

‘Look it’s Junho and Joon with blond hair from last year’s party!’ the Thai exclaimed as he started to tell stories about every picture and Cheondung was busy to clear the exaggerated details.

It made Byunghee smile, feeling the familiar sense of bond with the two of them as well.

 

‘I’m here!’ Junho yelled, stepping through the back door to be greeted by a fussing Diva a grinning Italian, Bluebird, Mir and a very flustered looking Giant.

‘Finally not last.’ Jay jabbed the Emperor in the sides as he moved past him, bringing his makeup bag.

‘Yeah, yeah… what is going on and why the hell are you bringing makeup around for?’ Junho asked incredulously, rising a questioning brow.

‘I’m doing their makeup obviously.’ the Leadja deadpanned, pushing the Diva down on a couch to make him stay put. ‘Say aah.’ he joked, taking out his many eye pencils.

‘And Seulongie here will bring his girlfriend tonight…’ Byunghee grinned.

‘And he tried to hide this fact from us.’ Chansung continued.

‘He dared to!’ JoKwon exclaimed only to be scolded by Jay.

‘Ah.’ Junho said as grin spread along his features. ‘Fei was it?’

‘Shut up already, I will introduce her so stop bothering me!’ Seulong exclaimed.

‘It’s funny how you always act as a smart and now you are a shy bunny.’ Byunghee grinned wider, finding it totally amusing that the forever calm guy was becoming more flustered by the moment.

‘I heard you tried to hide us from her.’ Nichkhun announced cheerily and Seulong tried to shush him down.

‘You tried to do what?’ Kwon and the arriving Wooyoung yelled loudly, and the Fox marched to Seulong. ‘Are you ashamed of us?’ he asked, hands on hips.

‘Of course not… it’s complicated.’ Seulong stuttered and made his escape to the front of the bar.

‘Hi, everyone.’ Wooyoung smiled sweetly before taking off after the Giant with a malicious glare.

‘Next.’ Jay said and pulled down both Mir and Byunghee on the sofa.

‘Sorry, I’ve got a Giant to take care of.’ Kwon huffed, only admiring the work of Jay for a moment.

‘Aren’t we opening in 20 minutes?’ Mir asked, worried a bit about the leisure peace everyone moved around, not really caring about dressing up into their first round of outfits.

‘It’s usually like this.’ Byunghee answered with a shrug as the others still didn’t stop nagging about Seulong, only getting louder with the help of Jinwoon and Joon.

‘Finished.’ Jay said and grabbed his bag to hunt down the rest of the makeup-less Demons.

‘What’s with the noise?’ the last Demon asked, arriving to the bar as well.

Byunghee’s heart skipped a beat as he jumped up to greet his prince.

‘Tease the Giant day.’ Byunghee chuckled, pulling Seungho into a hug. ‘We finally got off their to-tease list.’

Seungho flushed a bit, as a loud wolf-whistle filled the back area.

‘Hey our pair is in action!’ Jinwoon laughed and the fan-club immediately gathered to the curtained door.

Byunghee just rolled his eyes, speaking to soon, and pressed a soft kiss to Seungho’s lips. ‘Missed you.’

‘What are you doing?’ Seungho asked in a quiet tone as the fan-club cheered and whistled loudly in the back.

‘Greeting my love, what else?’ Byunghee answered, smiling at his prince adoringly.

‘But…’ Seungho hesitated to continue. ‘Right in front of everyone?’

‘Why? Is there anything to be ashamed of?’ Byunghee asked back, tilting his head to the side.

‘No… No! I didn’t mean that!’ Seungho answered hurriedly. ‘It’s just… weird to be treated like this, especially in front of others.’ he added, lowering his gaze.

‘Well, you are my prince so get used to it. I shall shower you with my undivided attention whenever and wherever you feel like it.’ Byunghee smiled brightly and hugged Seungho tighter to himself, reassuring him without another word.

‘Then do continue.’ Seungho smiled back shyly and met Byunghee halfway in a soft kiss.

‘Cut! And that’s it!’ Jay yelled into his loud speaker like a movie director, startling everyone. ‘I want to ask the mains and the extras to dress up already and start to do their ing job.’ he gritted out, annoyed and everybody hurried to obey.

‘The rush hours are beginning.’ Cheondung remarked as he leaned against the door, amusedly observing the organized chaos of the crew.

 

‘Are you ready to party?’ Junho yelled into the loudspeaker, riling up the crowd that arrived earlier than usual, filling the bar in no time.

The kids cheered, especially Jinwoon, Mir and the Rising Sun crew. Well not Hyung, but Jinyoung made sure to cheer in his place.

‘How is the warming up going?’ Cheondung asked as he sipped on his refilled glass of beer, leaning casually against the counter.

‘You see him up there right?’ Byunghee asked back. ‘That usually means something bad, so I advice stepping back a bit.’ he added with a chuckle, but the tall guy just raised a brow.

Well, it’s your problem. Byunghee thought and moved farther away and glanced at Seungho to check if he was safe too, because Junho grabbed a suspicious looking bottle.

‘Then look here!’ the Emperor grinned and jumped on the back counter, nearly kicking of a few glasses and Joon’s head. He opened the bottle and poured the content into the sign… what is he planning?

The rest of the Demons stepped away warily as well, only Jay grinned comfortably in his place.

‘Happy Birthday Bastards!’ Junho laughed and lit the sign with a lighter.

The sign started to burn in a bluish colored flame, illuminating the mirrors and all the bottles behind it.

‘Wow, cool!’ Wooyoung yelped in awe and the kids couldn’t agree more, yelling and cheering louder than ever.

‘Where the hell did you get that?’ Byunghee asked Jay, who nonchalantly poured order after order.

‘From Hyung.’ he shrugged simply and jumped on the counter as well, surprising the front row with a spray of Jim Beam. ‘Drink it all, s!’

‘Why am I even asking?’ Byunghee chuckled to himself only to laugh out loud as he looked up.

‘So you meant this?’ Cheondung deadpanned, soaked in whisky.

‘Exactly.’ the brunet snickered, lending a new glass to the grumpy guy to fill it with the raining whisky.

‘Hey, Bluebird! Come up here and sing!’ Jay shouted to Byunghee and switched CDs.

‘See you later, then.’ Cheondung nodded to him and moved to the bathroom to get the whisky out of his hair.

‘Yeah.’ Byunghee nodded back as he was dragged up on the counter. Already used to the treatment, he grabbed the mic instantly. And as the intro started to blast from the loudspeakers he turned back to grin at his prince, who sent him a soft smile in answer.

‘Love you.’ he mouthed to Seungho and with a last glance started to sing one of his arrangements for the night.

 

‘It’s time.’ Kwon yelled over the noise as Joon finished his pole-dance, making the crowd hot and esthetic for more.

Junho and Wooyoung immediately retreated to the back to dress up for their first stage, but the chubby-cheeked guy sent a kiss to the crowd first, attracting attention from the kids.

‘My bastards!’ Jay yelled, tuning down the stereo. ‘It’s already past midnight and we did not start the main event yet.’

The crowd responded eagerly, interested in what the Demons of the lair can show them.

‘So… let the show begin.’ the Leadja grinned and, except for the lanterns, turned the lamps down in the bar area and switched on the newly installed reflectors over the counter and the flashes that gave a club feeling to the bar.

‘Wooo! You go Jay!’ Jinwoon hollered and the crowd cheered along him, applauding in anticipation.

‘Here we go.’ Junho grinned as he stepped out from behind the curtain with Wooyoung, clad in their new outfit that was kept in perfect secret thanks to the designer’s wish (threat).

The Emperor was wearing the usual tight, black pants-wife beater base along with a black and white patterned jacket and black sunglasses, defining his red spikes. He climbed the counter first, grinning cockily at the esthetic crowd.

The Fox was dressed in a similar attire, though he was sporting a black leather jacket that was riveted with bluish-led-lamps and metal studs. And for today the boyish curls were replaced with black spikes, giving off a more ier and manlier vibe than usual.

‘Nichkhun will totally dig this.’ Joon chuckled as Wooyoung also jumped on the counter.

‘Hey, kids!’ Junho greeted. ‘We wrote a cool song for you all so you better enjoy it!’ he grinned and threw another mic to the Fox.

Modest as ever. Byunghee thought, but anticipated the performance none the less.

‘And we have a surprise too so be prepared.’ Wooyoung giggled and with that the already familiar tune of Hands up filled the bar, earning enthusiastic response and cheers from everywhere.

The crowd immediately got down the basic moves for the song. ‘Put your hands up and get your drinks up!’

Then at the first rap segment somebody else started to rhyme, and not only the crowd but the Demons also started to search for the mystery rapper. He had a really familiar accent.

Suddenly lights were directed to the back and sure enough Nichkhun was standing on the fence of the upper area, mic in hand and sending his deadly winks as he finished his part.

‘That pretty boy can rap?!’ Kwon exclaimed dumbfounded as Nichkhun moved through the crowd to jump on the counter as well.

Byunghee just shrugged, surprised at the mafia-prodigy too.

The Thai danced, rapped and sang the chorus parts along, clearly mesmerized by Wooyoung but giving a perfect performance along with the two veteran Demon.

The finishing beat got lost in the erupting applause and the three were showered with champagne, wherever that came from, along with love calls, serenades and the usual proposals.

But there was no time to congratulate… they dared to keep the booze away from the kids for four minutes!

The next were the solo stages, dancing mostly… Seungho mostly; for Byunghee anyway because the Panda made sure to catch the brunet’s attention with hot gazes, lip- and body waves. Damn he was too good with those.

‘Seungho.’ Mir grinned into his face when he demanded another round from Byunghee. ‘Too obvious. Jinyoung spotted your drooling from the back!’

‘Can’t help it.’ Byunghee shrugged and sprayed a bit of whisky on the grinning maknae, earning a loud yelp from him. ‘Get in the back instead and change, we are starting soon.’

‘Alright Mommy.’ Mir grinned again, leaning over the counter to wipe the whisky into Byunghee’s shirt.

‘Yah, brat!’ Byunghee chuckled only to be brought into a one-armed hug from the side.

‘Can’t wait to see you!’ Joon exclaimed, delivering a peck to the brunet’s cheeks.

If he was aiming for the fan girls’ scream he got it damn right, if not he is good on instincts. Byunghee thought shaking off the heavy arm.

‘It’s time to go.’ Kwon took over Joon’s place, holding a death-grip on the brunet. ‘Make sure you blow their mind and seduce that y Panda. I love the tension between you.’ he added with a giggle, truly the president of the fan club.

‘Go get a boyfriend and stop discussing my love-life with Seulong.’ Byunghee poked the Diva in glitter clad ribs and with smile disappeared after Junho to change clothes.

‘Do you know the choreo?’ Junho asked, changing tops.

‘Of course not.’ Byunghee and Mir answered at the same time, getting into their tighter then comfort clothes.

‘Good then, let’s improvise.’ the Emperor grinned.

‘I thought we always did that.’ Mir chuckled, but he seemed nervous.

‘We did… and I thought you would never wear such “skintight fancy-pants”.’ Byunghee joked, ruffling the maknae’s hair up reassuringly.

‘Well it’s all your bad influence.’ Mir smiled back thankfully for the gesture.

‘Alright brats… you know what’s coming right?’ Jay’s booming voice filled the bar. ‘We are going Wild!’

Junho put his hands forward with a wide grin and Mir and Byunghee did the same.

‘Let’s go Wild!’ they shouted in unison and with that Junho went ahead to greet the costumers.

‘Hello there. I know, I know I was already here and I’m still awesome… But! Now our Bluebird and Mir, the rapper for the night will make you all crazy with their own brand new song!’ Junho announced and as the two mentioned stepped out from behind the curtain the kids went hysteric.

Byunghee was about to step on stage, when somebody squeezed his hand. He turned back quickly to see who it was, though he was sure as the familiar sensation rode up his arm.

Seungho was smiling charmingly at him and he returned it immediately, heart skipping a beat.

‘Come on love-Bird.’ Mir slapped his back as he went past them, stepping up on the other end of the counter.

Byunghee quickly squeezed his prince hand, feeling unstoppable from that one touch and messed his spikes up proudly as he stood up on stage.

‘Let’s go!’ Mir yelled as he grabbed his mic and Junho positioned himself for his awesome choreography.

Let’s do this! Byunghee thought, feeling Seungho’s eyes on him.


Hey guys! We are slowly reaching the end of this story... :)

But don't be sad! I'm going to send this baby off with a blast~