Chapter 18

Demons' lair

‘Where are we going?’ Seungho asked, following Byunghee through the halls of the dorms.

‘My secret place.’ Byunghee smiled back at him and squeezed his hand, enjoying the tingling sensation.

Byunghee led his prince to the emergency staircase and up to the roof.

‘Nobody knows about this place, so this is where I escape when those loudmouths are too much to take.’ he chuckled, pushing open the heavy metal door. ‘And it’s finally warm enough to stay out for the night.’

‘So do you plan to keep me here all night?’ Seungho asked, chuckling softly.

‘It’s a possibility, since I made dinner earlier… I can bribe you with food and coffee.’ Byunghee smiled back, moving to the mat he laid out before going to the recording studio.

‘If it’s food… you might win.’ Seungho said and let himself to be pulled down on the mat, not releasing the hold on Byunghee’s hand.

‘Good to know.’ Byunghee chuckled, caressing Seungho’s hand with his thumb. ‘Should I apologize because of my crazy friends or were they bearable?’ he asked, reluctantly letting go of Seungho’s hand to pour coffee for the both of them.

‘They were funny.’ Seungho smiled. ‘But I would not live with them.’

‘You are telling me?’ Byunghee chuckled, packing out the dinner he prepared.

‘But they told me some interesting things about you.’ Seungho said and Byunghee held the urge back to bang his head against the nearest wall…so they did badmouth him.

‘I hope it’s nothing too bad…’ Byunghee mumbled, holding up his chopsticks for the blond.

Seungho accepted the offer without hesitation.

‘Jinwoon told me how you met… and how you were a long haired hippy in high school.’ he smiled.

‘And I’m sure he keeps pictures on his phone as well.’

‘Of course.’ Seungho chuckled. ‘But to your defense you looked good with a moustache.’

‘Shall I grow it back?’ Byunghee asked, blushing a bit because of the compliment.

‘Please don’t.’ Seungho answered, face turning red. ‘You look better this way.’

‘Good to hear.’ Byunghee grinned, leaning back to hide his blushing face.

They ate in silence, Byunghee feeding his prince occasionally and Seungho shaking his head at the greasiness of the action, but accepting it none the less.

‘You heard?’ Seungho asked, resting his head on Byunghee’s shoulder. ‘Nichkhun wants to move in together with Wooyoung.’

‘I didn’t know that.’ Byunghee smiled.

So Nichkhun really wanted to keep Wooyoung by his side more than ever before.

‘And I thought of moving out…’ Seungho added, looking at the sunset.

‘Really? Why?’ Byunghee asked, surprised as he glanced down at the blond.

‘I want to start anew.’ Seungho answered. ‘New place and standing on my own two feet.’

‘… did you look around for a new place yet?’ Byunghee asked, wondering if he fit into Seungho’s new start.

‘Yeah, I already found a good one. If everything goes well I can move in next week.’ the blond answered and lifted his head to rest his chin on Byunghee’s shoulder, looking at him. ‘Can you help me with the moving?’

Byunghee’s face lit up as he answered. ‘Of course.’

‘But only after practice, or Jay will be in a killer mood.’ Seungho said and smiled softly.

‘We wouldn’t want that.’ Byunghee chuckle and pecked the blond on the mouth.

 

‘I heard you live here alone.’ Seungho said as the two of them made their ways downstairs.

‘Yeah, the village idiots are living together in the city.’ Byunghee laughed, holding the door open for the blond. ‘At least our parents don’t know all the stupid things we do.’

‘Like doing dares on a college party?’ Seungho asked, grinning slightly.

‘Like doing dares… Jinwoon is telling you all the worst things.’ Byunghee answered sheepishly.

‘He said you looked good in that maid outfit in the pool…’

‘I really, really hope he didn’t have pictures of it.’

‘No, sadly he doesn’t have any.’

‘Thank god.’ Byunghee sighed in relief. ‘You sure you don’t want me to go with you?’

‘Sure, it would be stupid to drag you back to downtown.’ Seungho answered as they reached the bus stop of the campus.

‘I would be gladly dragged back.’ Byunghee grinned, earning a soft chuckle.

‘Still, stay put and rest. Junho will come back early in the morning and will make you dance a lot.’

‘At least you will be there as well.’ Byunghee said, taking the blond’s hand into his. ‘Plus I still think JoKwon is way worse.’

Seungho just smiled, holding the other’s hand tighter.

‘The bus is already coming.’ Byunghee sighed, not letting go of his prince’s hand.

‘Yes, but we will meet tomorrow.’

‘And I’m already missing you.’

‘Don’t be stupid.’ Seungho said, turning red.

‘I’m just honest.’ Byunghee said in a serious voice as he looked deeply into the blond’s eyes.

Seungho couldn’t say anything to that; he just looked back at the raven haired in surprise.

‘Good night.’ Byunghee said, and pecked the blond softly as the bus pulled up beside them.

‘Yeah… good night.’ Seungho mumbled and stepped up the stairs, finger softly untangling from the other’s hold.

 

Byunghee sighed happily when he finally hit his pillows that night.

After finishing all of the recordings with Mir, it finally hit him that his prince was not rejecting or avoiding him, and maybe he was even making a progress towards his goal…

He rolled around in his bed while grinning like an idiot.

‘Maybe he will love me back...' he sighed, hugging his pillow closer.

'Oh my god, we got ourselves a teenage girl!' Jinwoon yelled as he passed his door.

'Shut up!'

'Good night, babe.'

 

What Seungho said was true; Junho was impatiently pacing in front of their door even before they got out of bed. To Mir's and Byunghee's utter misfortune they had enough time for practice before their first class.

'I still need to record with Wooyoung so move your lazy .' Junho grinned, dragging the barely awake guys downstairs. 'And I want to finish most of it before Kwon arrives and I have to leave for work.'

'I got it, I got it...' Byunghee yawned. 'But don't you have to work with him tonight?'

'Exactly, I want to brag how awesomely well we are progressing.'

'Modest as per usual.' Mir snickered.

'Modest is my middle name.' Junho laughed. 'About the dance, it's nothing fancy, easy to follow and y. The kids will dig it!'

'It involves y waves, hot gazes and tight outfit I suppose.' Byunghee said and searched for the keys in his pocket.

'And slapping and pole dancing.' Junho grinned, shaking his own prized one for emphasis.

'What?' Mir asked, taken aback.

'You heard me, so let's get on with it.'

And they got on with it; they practiced diligently for three hours before they had to leave for classes...They were more than tired.

'Good, see you guys tomorrow morning.' Junho dismissed the panting duo as Kwon stepped into the practice room.

'Finished already?’ he asked, smiling at Byunghee.

'In every aspect of the word...' Mir answered, waving to Wooyoung as he stepped inside as well.

'Hi, have fun in your classes!' the chubby cheeked guy greeted before the energetic red head dragged him out and towards the recording studio.

Mir and Byunghee were about to leave, escaping the babbling Kwon and his fabulous outfit designs when Joon and Seungho finally arrived.

But Kwon, being the leader of their fan club or not, only tolerated a quick hi before he shut everybody out from the practice room.

The afternoon was not better either, Byunghee was kept in classes till 7 and by the time he got back to the dorms only tons of editing and a small sorry-note was waiting for him. Seungho couldn't stay because he had to check on the new flat he was about to rent... But they will meet the next day at work so Byunghee didn't feel too bad about not seeing his prince...

...

Okay he did feel bad about it.

 

‘I’m here.’ Byunghee announced as he arrived to the back door of the lair.

He was early again, but if he could escape Junho and his practice sessions then it was totally worth it… besides he really wanted to see Seungho.

‘Jay is not here.’ Seulong answered his call, smiling at him from the couch. ‘But he left a message for you.’

‘Let me guess… No PDA?’

‘How did you know?’ Seulong chuckled mockingly and patted the seat beside him. ‘Sit down, we didn’t get to talk properly yet.’ he added with his usual knowing smile.

It was obvious what he meant.

‘I’m afraid to ask… but did you have anything to do with Wooyoung’s scheming and all of this in general?’ Byunghee asked, plopping down on the seat.

‘I might have given a tip or two…’

‘Thought so.’ Byunghee deadpanned.

‘Aren’t you thankful?’

‘I didn’t say that I am not.’

‘So are you on your way to make him fall for you?’ Seulong asked, but he seemed to know the answer already.

That mind-reader bastard…

‘You can say that.’ he answered not really planning to go into details. ‘But don’t we need to prepare for tonight?’

‘I already did it so don’t try to run away!’ Seulong chided, keeping Byunghee in place by the arm. ‘I’m not part of the interrogation team, so please, listen to me!’

‘Sorry, but all everybody wanted to know if we slept together yet.’ Byunghee mumbled, but the Giant dismissed it with an understanding smile.

‘I just want to tell you that I have never seen Seungho so free before… he is truly happy after a very long time and I can see that it is all thanks to you.’ Seulong said, leaning back in his place. ‘And I’m really glad that you both are. You are basically glowing whenever you see each other.’ he added with a soft smile.

‘If you say so.’ Byunghee smiled shyly but he was really thankful for those words, because Seulong is the one that can truly tell these things. Seulong was such a girl.

‘And how is your practice? I heard you sing arrangements as well, not just your own songs.’ the Giant asked, finished with everything he wanted to say.

‘Good but way too tiring… Junho is a dictator. If he is not practicing the song with us then he is planning small dance routines for the other songs…’ Byunghee sighed, slumping back in his seat.

‘Well he is called Emperor for a reason.’ Seulong chuckled.

‘Hi.’ came the very familiar voice of the blond from the door and Byunghee immediately jumped up to greet him.

As he walked over he got the chance to take notice of how well those jeans lined out the prince’s honey thighs and how his shirt complimented those glistening brown eyes. Mind-blowingly beautiful.

‘Hi, everything fine with the house?’ Byunghee asked stopping in front of Seungho, not daring to make a move. Seungho was not comfortable with PDA either, so Jay can sleep without worries.

‘Hmm, it’s all fine. I just need to fix a day to move in.’ the blond answered, waving to Seulong.

Byunghee saw from the corner of his eyes that Seulong went to the front and it seemed that Seungho was also waiting for that because he leaned in closer with a whisper.

‘So where is my welcome kiss?’ Seungho asked, puffing his cheeks in a pout.

‘Right here.’ Byunghee chuckled at the cuteness of that and pecked him on the lips tenderly.

‘We have to open now!’ Seulong shouted and they quickly went to the front to start another messy night with the kids.

 

‘Aigoo, these two looks too good together.’ a woman cooed when the bar already quieted down a bit. 

‘Such an eye candy is better than this scotch.’ another added, downing the glass without further ado.

Seungho didn’t say anything but soft pink tinted his cheeks as he served a drink for another customer.

‘Right we do.’ Byunghee grinned at the two women. ‘That’s why Leadja didn’t pair us up yet. The others need us to look good behind this counter and on it.’

‘You said that well, birdie.’ they laughed and Byunghee received a lopsided smile from Seungho.

‘Sorry ladies, but it’s time to close. The pretty boys need to rest to dance and sing this well.’ Seulong smiled, escorting the rest of the customers out along with the less cooperating ones. ‘Guys I need to go now… can you close up without me?’ he asked after closing the front door.

‘Sure.’ Seungho answered, wiping off the counter. ‘Have fun with Fei.’ he added, and Seulong just turned a dark shade of red before escaping through the back door.

‘Fei?’ Byunghee asked amused, raising an eyebrow.

‘Secret girlfriend. I accidentally found her picture when he left his coat here last week.’ he explained, putting away the cleaned glasses.

‘That sneaky bastard.’ Byunghee laughed under his nose. But I will have a breakfast-date with my prince thanks to the mysterious Fei…

‘After breakfast can you come with me somewhere?’ Seungho asked suddenly.

‘Me?’ Byunghee asked surprised. ‘Yes, of course!’ he agreed, smiling brightly and briefly wondered about where exactly as he cleaned up the Lair at super speed.

 

‘Seungho!’ Nichkhun’s voice resonated through the Rising Sun when they stepped inside the door.

And sure enough the Thai prince ran towards them and before Byunghee could even blink, he already tackled the blond into a bear hug.

‘Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!’ Nichkhun chanted bouncing on his feet and Byunghee felt a sour pang of jealousy at the close proximity between the two.

‘Stop it.’ Seungho chided, unsuccessfully trying to get out of the iron grip the Thai had on him. ‘I told you it’s nothing.’

‘It’s not nothing!’ Nichkhun shook his head vehemently. ‘I’m forever indebted to you!’

Byunghee, after fighting back the urge to hit the clingy guy, puppy face or not, started to put it together why Nichkhun refused to let go of his prince.

‘I’m not only moving out because of you two… though I would not stay even if you asked.’ Seungho chuckled, finally managing to break away and stumbled a bit further away from the Thai.

 ‘Yah, Hyung! Stop harassing him!’ Cheondung called from the back. ‘At least feed them before you ruin their date.’ he added with a nasal snicker and Nichkhun’s eyes widened with a wide grin.

‘Oh sorry, I didn’t realized it were only you two… here let me get you something nice.’ he winked dragging the two to a secluded corner pulling out a small candle from seemingly nowhere.

‘These guys really…’ Byunghee grumbled hiding his face from the mocking stare of Cheondung.

‘I know a way to stop him from staring.’ Seungho whispered, his gaze turning darkly y as his shy persona disappeared in this secluded place.

Byunghee gulped loudly as the blond leaned over the table and cupped his face into his hands.

‘And it’s something I gladly do for the sake of your sanity.’ he smirked and pulled Byunghee forward, crashing their lips together in a hot kiss.

Cheondung gave a sound of barfing and stopped his staring all together.

Seungho pulled back after a while and his lips slowly. ‘Tasty.’

‘God… you are y.’ Byunghee breathe out, blinking rapidly.

‘Too cute.’ Seungho chuckled just before Nichkhun put their breakfast down for them.

‘Speciality from Mom. He sends you guys lots of kisses.’ he winked again before leaving the two alone.

 

‘Where are we going?’ Byunghee asked, following the quiet blond.

‘I’m starting anew so I thought of dying my hair back to black.’ he answered looking back and holding his hand out for Byunghee. ‘And I want to do it with you there.’ he added shyly.

Byunghee smiled at him encouragingly and took the offered hand into his. ‘Then I will do it together with you.’

They arrived to a small shop and Seungho pushed the door open, revealing a cozy salon.

‘Seungho, long time no see. Usual blond?’ the hair dresser asked, waving to Byunghee as well.

‘No. This time we are going for black.’


Update guys~ :D

Shout-out to all my lovely readers and my lovely friend, who is struggling hard with an exam! Fighting! <3