Chapter 4

Demons' lair

The first half of the night went by without anything interesting, he got introduced, got hit on and Byunghee even got to sing on the counter-stage.

It was like Kwon said, more people came after 11 but the place was still half empty compared to Friday.

‘You know, I like you. Will they keep you around longer?’ asked a costumer.

‘Depends, if I live up to the standards of the Leadja.’ Byunghee shrugged, refilling the glass for the man.

Speaking of the devil…

Jay appeared at the door and grabbed the loudspeaker.

‘Hey everybody, shut up!’ he shouted, and sure enough the bar went silent. ‘I’m sure ya all saw the newbie here.’ he said, lowering the loudspeaker.

Most of the crowd turned to look at Byunghee, who felt a bit embarrassed at the sudden interest.

‘Anybody wants to buy him a drink?’ Jay asked, and smirked challengingly at Byunghee.

Byunghee just blinked… what was that supposed to mean?

But before he could do anything loud cheers erupted and orders filled the bar.

Jay got a glass and slammed it down on the table.

‘So kiddo… you got free drinks, and we never ever turn those down.’  he smirked, pouring out the first glass and grabbed the money from the first to approach.

‘Then I won’t.’ Byunghee smirked, accepting the challenge…Plus he really needed the job.

‘Drink it up, pretty boy!’

‘One from me too!’

‘Get him another Leadja!’

And this went on, getting hella lot of beer and whisky into Byunghee, who lost count of the amount he drank.

‘Drink! Drink!’ Junho chanted, hopping on the counter and danced to cheer Byunghee on along with JoKwon.

Byunghee started to feel the hit of it when the others dragged him on the counter.

‘Show us what you got!’ Kwon cheered.

And Byunghee did, he grabbed the mic and started to sing, dancing together with the other two and receiving howling approval from the crowd.

 

‘Man, you really wanted to kill me off tonight…’ Byunghee groaned as he washed off the alcohol remains from the counter.

He felt like banging his head against the wall… it must have hurt less than how it hurt then.

‘Nah it’s a normal treatment for a newbie, but hell you stood quite still after those shots… respect man, respect!’ Junho grinned patting him on the back as he moved past him.

‘Yeah who knew you can sing Muse and dance after getting the special treatment from Jay.’ JoKwon chuckled.

‘Alright, I put the last one out.’ Joon said, stepping into the bar area. ‘You finished?’

‘Nearly, but I think Byungie will need some help.’ the Diva laughed and put the last chair up.

‘Aahh, the newcomer party right?’ Joon asked with a knowing smile. ‘I guess if you didn’t pass out you will get flying scores from Jay.’

‘I didn’t… but I might…’Byunghee groaned, grabbing the counter for support.

‘Good job, kiddo.’ Jay appeared at the door. ‘You can drink, sing and even dance… if you get along with the costumers as well I’ll give you a raise.’ he smirked and pushed Byunghee’s first payment into his pocket.

Byunghee just snorted, smiling slightly. ‘Thanks Jay.’

‘Meet ya on Friday.’ Jay said, handing out rolls of bills to the others and strode out.

‘I guess I’m hired…’ Byunghee said as he glanced at the money he got.

‘Welcome home, Demon.’ Kwon laughed and hugged his shoulders.

He even received an approving grin from the Emperor.

 

‘Nothing is better than this place early in the morning.’ JoKwon smiled as the four of them took place in the Rising Sun a few minutes later.

‘Hyung! Mom! We are back!’ Joon shouted and Jihoon waved to them with a slight smirk.

Mom? Byunghee didn’t remember anybody like that.

‘My kids are here!’ came a loud voice from the kitchen. And a tall figure appeared at the door. A man… who looked really weird with a dinosaur like face.

‘Jinyoung-hyung!’ Kwon waved and the man rushed to them.

‘Did you have a fun night?’Mom asked as he plopped down beside them.

‘Sure and look what we got here.’ Junho said and mussed up Byunghee’s hair.

‘Omo! A new Demon!’ Jinyoung exclaimed and moved to sit beside Byunghee. ‘So handsome! But you look like a wash cloth… newcomer party right?’ he asked, inspecting his face.

‘Yeah… I’m Jung Byunghee.’ Byunghee managed to give a small smile.

‘I’m Park Jinyoung but call me Mom.’ he smiled back and stood up. ‘I’ll cook you something nice that will get you back into a normal state, alright?’ he said in an energetic voice and patted his back.

‘Thanks.’

‘Ya Hyung get your back in the kitchen! You have orders.’ Jihoon shouted.

‘I’m older than you brat! Stop ordering me around.’ Jinyoung shouted back and marched into the kitchen.

‘He is the cook.’ Kwon explained. ‘You met the others already?’

‘Yeah.’ Byunghee nodded, the two princes and the boxer owner. Sure he wouldn’t forget.

And as if magic the grumpy prince appeared with their coffee.

‘Oh you are the one from last time.’ he said, supposedly in a surprised tone and pointed at Byunghee.

‘Hey to you too, Cheondung.’ Joon said with a slight pout.

‘Hey, pabo.’ he greeted mockingly than plopped down beside Junho. ‘You are working with them?’ he asked.

‘It seems like I will.’ Byunghee smiled, massaging his temples in an attempt to reduce the headache.

‘My deepest condolences.’

Junho hit the back of his head.

‘I’m just speaking the truth.’ Cheondung said in an offended tone and mussed up Junho’s bright red hair. ‘Did you break anybody’s nose today?’

‘No, I was a good boy.’ Junho smirked.

Cheondung just raised an eyebrow at that.

‘What? The guy totally deserved it the last time!’

‘You broke somebody’s nose?’ Byunghee asked.

Sure the guy looked cocky and noisy, overly confident even but not the fighter type.

‘If only it was once.’ Kwon sighed. ‘Some dude grabbed his and he broke his nose last week.’

‘And kicked him out the door and called him nice names.’ Joon added, smirking at the memory.

‘He has anger management issues.’ Cheondung concluded and ducked from the next hit aimed at his head.

‘And the guy pressed charges.’ Kwon added and smiled at the dumbfounded Byunghee.

‘And Jay gave me a raise.’ Junho said, and smirked proudly.

Yeah the place was really not normal by any standards…

 

‘You really didn’t need to come with me.’ Byunghee tried to reason with JoKwon, who followed him after they left the Rising Sun.

‘Sure I do. What if you faint and somebody abducts you? What will I say to Jay and Jinwoon?’ he exclaimed.

Alright I give up…Byunghee thought and sighed in defeat.

‘So Byungie, my newest best friend.’ Kwon said and locked arms with Byunghee. ‘Did you hear about the secrets of the Demons?’ he asked as he leaned closer.

‘I’m sure I don’t want to hear yours.’

‘.’

‘At least I’m honest.’

‘Than an honest , the point is still the same.’ Kwon pouted, and hit Byunghee’s arm. ‘I will still tell you about it.’

Byunghee smiled slightly as they reached the bus stop.

‘The secrets are stories. The way we became Demons.’ JoKwon started as he pulled the both of them down on the bench. ‘Mine is pretty simple compared to some…’ he sighed, voice turning serious.

Byunghee stopped smiling and listened intently to JoKwon. So he wasn’t joking around this time…

‘I got to the lair two years ago; I was the last to join before Fox and Panda. I was basically a wreck when I got to the bar.’

It surprised Byunghee, JoKwon a wreck… it was hard to imagine.

‘Why? What happened?’

‘I’m sure you already noticed, but I’m not exactly straight and tend to show off a lot of my unique charisma.’ JoKwon chuckled and ran his fingers through his black and crimson colored locks. ‘I just wanted to live freely and work as a designer. But my parents were not having any of it and I rebelled against them.’

Not supporting his dreams… Byunghee couldn’t imagine it, his parents were the ones that encouraged him all these years.

‘Then after they found out I had a boyfriend they kicked me out from home… they couldn’t accept my disgusting and disgraceful ways.’ JoKwon said, voice cracking slightly so Byunghee hugged their locked arms closer to himself. ‘I was left with nothing just a bag, full of my previous life. My boyfriend dumped me when I knocked on his door for help… I was lost and alone.’

Byunghee didn’t know how to respond, he couldn’t recognize the JoKwon he knew in the story. The forever talking, cheerful Diva lost and alone… it was a scary reality.

‘I found myself at the entrance of the lair that night, not having any idea what to do, I was ready to drive the troubles out with alcohol… and Jay was a great partner in that.’ Kwon chuckled. ‘He poured drink after drink and got the whole story out of me… he told me to crash at the backroom until I found a place. Then before I knew I was already working at the bar.’

‘I never would have guessed…’ Byunghee started, but JoKwon just chuckled.

‘I don’t need pity, I survived and got stronger.’ he said, smiling brightly at Byunghee. ‘Hell I am even thankful… I got to escape the suffocating restrains.’

And he said his story was pretty simple…

‘And what about your dream? To work as a designer?’

‘Oh I’m working on it.’ Kwon smiled. ‘I make clothes for a small shop.’

‘Really? And they still didn’t shut down?’ Byunghee asked, smirking slightly.

He only received a glare and a hit.

But really, Byunghee was amazed…Kwon still had the spirit to work for his dreams even after all this. He has a lot to learn from these guys.

‘You are now leveled up.’ Kwon smiled. ‘I trust you so I told you my story; if the others accept you I’m sure they will tell their stories as well.’

‘Is it some kind of getting in ceremony?’ Byunghee asked, chuckling at the idea.

‘You can say that… but still. Feel the honor, bearer of my secret.’ the Diva answered, in a mock serious tone.

Byunghee just laughed at it. But he wondered what kind of secrets the others were hiding…

‘I’ll take you shopping tomorrow. You even got to wear my designs if you behave.’ Kwon smirked, wiping the smile off of Byunghee’s face successfully.

‘Hell no. I object.’

‘I will pretty you up for Friday.’ JoKwon ignored him. ‘You will get more tips than Junho; I will make sure of that!’

 

‘You are back!’ Jinwoon greeted Byunghee in the door.

Kwon just waited until he got on the bus and waved to him till he couldn’t see him anymore… with the promise of kidnapping him on Thursday.

‘I’m a back.’ Byunghee said, finally feeling the exhaustion from the all-nighter. ‘Let me sleep, I will tell you everything in the morning.’

‘It’s already 7.’

‘Details, details.’ Byunghee waved him off and made a beeline for his room, not even caring about taking a shower… that’s how tired he was.

 

‘Aww. You didn’t get to see your crush.’ Jinwoon cooed, earning a loud laugh from Mir and a loud sigh from Byunghee.

Byunghee already told them his first day at work and now the two was happily making fun of him…

‘But you will this Friday! Can we come to see?’ Mir asked, grinning widely.

‘No. Just don’t.’

‘Since you asked so nicely.’

‘Of course we can’t say no.’

The two grinned, totally enjoying the teasing.

‘What did I do to deserve such friends?’ Byunghee exclaimed and tried hard to finish his next assignment in the midst of the other two’s laughter.

 

And as if he didn’t have enough fun because of the duo, on Thursday JoKwon appeared at the entrance of their shared dorm.

‘I came to kidnap you.’ he smiled brightly, then without another word he dragged the surprised Byunghee with him.

‘How did you know I lived here?’ he asked, grabbing his wallet on his way out.

‘I called Jinwoon.’ Kwon smirked, waving his phone around.

That traitor…

‘Don’t worry it won’t hurt. Much.’ the Diva cackled and continued their way to the parking lot. ‘I’ll get rid of that jacket of yours first and I’ll cut your hair as well… want to dye it red too?’

‘No. I want to keep it natural black, thank you very much.’ Byunghee answered in a monotone, offended even by the idea of dying his hair red like Junho.

‘Geez, you are no fun.’ JoKwon stuck his tongue out at him. ‘Get on, we have a lot to do today.’ he said and patted a pink motor.

‘…You came with this?’ Byunghee asked, pointing at the vehicle in distrust.

‘It’s pretty I know.’ the Diva smiled and hopped on, putting his pink helmet on. ‘Hurry up!’ he turned to Byunghee and dragged him up, behind himself.

At least his helmet was black…

‘Hold on tight!’ Kwon shouted and sped up, roaring the engines as they rode towards the city centre.

 

‘You are back!’ greeted Jinwoon that night, with a wide smirk. Déjà vu much…Mir was at the door too with a matching grin on his face.

‘I’ll kill you… but I’ll kill Kwon first.’ Byunghee dragged himself inside, sending a death glares at his friends.

‘I can’t wait to see you tomorrow.’ Jinwoon continued to smirk.

‘I can’t wait to kill you tomorrow.’ Byunghee deadpanned, marching towards his room.

‘I’ll be in the first row.’ Jinwoon followed him.

‘You will be sleeping with the fishes.’

‘Will you sing for me?’

‘I’ll sing on your funeral.’

‘Aren’t you happy?’

Oh believe me, I will be very happy.’

‘You can meet the Panda and finally get his name… at least you know what to scream out when you-‘

‘That’s it. You. Are. Dead.’ Byunghee turned around abruptly, and tackled Jinwoon down to the floor.

‘Fight!’ Mir shouted and jumped on top of his wrestling hyungs.


Ooooh secrets~ :D

Don't worry guys we are building up to that 87line goodness, so till then have fun with the Demons and the Jinwoon&Mir duo!