Chapter 11

Demons' lair

Since I'm not so evil to leave you guys hanging with that for too long, here is the new chapter for you all~


Byunghee’s eyes widened… the two guys he worked with held such a dark secret…Seungho.

Wooyoung lowered his gaze in shame.

‘I worked for Taecyeon as a e… as a toy that he could throw to his underworld business partners for money…’ Wooyoung said, voice bitter with the memory.

‘… how did you even get there?’ Byunghee couldn’t understand…

‘I was broken, I couldn’t return home… I was desperate and I found the worst possible way out…’

Wooyoung started to tear up a bit… revealing such secret…

Byunghee squeezed his hand.

‘I escaped after 4 months… I ran without looking back, the only person who knew about it was Seungho… he took the blame for my disappearing.’ Wooyoung sobbed, hiding his face behind his other hand. ‘I couldn’t take it anymore...’

‘It’s okay… you are safe here.’ Byunghee whispered soothingly, holding the trembling hand.

‘When I escaped I didn’t know where to hide… I found safety here.’ Wooyoung continued. ‘They took me in without a word, taking care of me like a real human being… loving me the way I was.’

These guys… they are too good to be true… Going through hell and kept on going…

‘Seungho escaped after me… but he couldn’t speak to anybody… he closed up and closed away his feelings from us… I wish he could face it like I did… with the help of everybody… with Nichkhun.’ Wooyoung said, looking up at Byunghee.

“The past can eat you alive if you have nobody to rely on.” that’s what he said… he spoke about his own sadness…

‘You see I am not worried about myself… I’m worried about losing you all.’ Wooyoung said, smiling softly.

‘Then don’t cry… it makes us worried, you know.’ Byunghee said, smiling softly as well.

Wooyoung quickly wiped his tears away, smiling with his adorable chubby cheeks.

‘You know… I didn’t talk to you because I thought you wouldn’t understand, but I watched you.’ he admitted. ‘I saw how you broke down the walls of the others… you are really something.’

Byunghee blushed at the compliment.

‘I’m not that great… ‘

‘Hmm, you are… the angel that fell down to the Demons.’ he chuckled.

‘Gosh… don’t say that, I am embarrassed.’

‘Seulong said it about you first.’

‘Then tell him to shut up.’

‘Will do.’ Wooyoung said, his expression brightening up already.

‘How bad do I look?’ Byunghee asked.

‘Nicely put…like .’

‘Oh good, then there is no problem at all.’ Byunghee said, patting his hair back to place.

Wooyoung chuckled at his antics.

 

Jay threw a fit, Joon threw a fit… Mom threw a fit, Nichkhun threw a fit, hell even Cheondung threw a fit and he rarely cared, thank god Jihoon-hyung was not in.

I am not even back at home…Byunghee thought, dreading the encounter with Jinwoon and Mir already.

Mir opened the door and gasped loudly when he saw him.

‘Hyung! What happened?’ he said, lips quivering.

‘Some asses took my money.’ Byunghee told him… he didn’t want to make them more worried than necessary.

‘And beat the living daylight out of you… you ! Do you want to kill me!’ Jinwoon exclaimed, spotting his battered friend.

‘I’m sorry to make you worry… I’ll give your money back later.’ he said, grinning nonchalantly.

Without missing a beat Jinwoon hit his head lightly.

‘Stupid.’ he said and engulfed him into a hug.

 

Then all hell broke loose on Friday night…

‘What? What do you mean they are not at home?’ Jay shouted into the phone.

‘We couldn’t find them anywhere…’ Junho rushed through the door, followed by a heavily panting Chansung.

‘They can’t just disappear!’ Jay shouted.

The worst possible happened… Seungho and Wooyoung didn’t come in for work and nobody knew where they could be…

JoKwon and Joon was outside, trying to hold the crowd up… everybody else was outside, searching.

Except for me… I was forbidden from going out. Byunghee thought bitterly, pacing around the room as worry and panic quickly overtook his mood. Seungho…

‘Are you Jay?’ a boy asked, standing awkwardly at the door.

‘Yeah…’ Jay sighed, ready to break a hole on the nearest wall.

‘Somebody named OkCat sent you this.’ the boy said, handing over a paper.

‘That. ing. Bastard.’ Jay sneered, completely enraged as he read through the paper. ‘Close the bar! Get everyone here! It’s emergency!’ he shouted and everybody rushed to do what he said.

The bar was empty in a matter of minutes…

‘Read it.’ Jay said, trusting the paper to JoKwon.

‘Dear Jay… I got my toys back, thank you for taking care of them. Love Taecyeon’ JoKwon read it up and tore the paper up the instant he finished. ‘That sick son of a…!’

His blood turned cold when Byunghee understood what happened…They were kidnapped.

Chansung hit the table hard, nearly breaking the wood. Seulong and Junho became white as sheets…and Joon threw a glass at the wall in pure rage.

‘What do we do now?’ Junho asked, his voice awfully quiet.

‘We got no choice… we have to ask big-boss for help…’ Jay sighed. ‘Taecyeon crossed his territory and abducted people under his protection; he will help us for sure.’

‘Then what are we waiting for?’ Byunghee asked, jumping up. ‘We can’t let him hurt Seungho and Wooyoung!’

‘Right, let’s go.’ Jay said and the group left the bar, heading towards the hideout of the mysterious big-boss.

 

The 7 of them moved along the darkening streets of the city, they were using back alleys instead of the main street not to alert Taecyeon’s watch dogs.

Byunghee didn’t know where they were heading but the others seemed to know the route by heart…They must have come here often after they had their previous confrontation with the bastard.

Jay turned another corner and Byunghee found the place awfully familiar… a lanky figure was smoking at a back door of some restaurant.

‘You are here.’ a nasal voice stated and looked at them, the lights from inside illuminating his face.

‘Cheondung?’ Byunghee asked more than surprised.

‘Hey.’ Cheondung waved and pushed the door open for them. ‘Nichkhun is having a fit so you better hurry inside.’ he said, and threw the cigarette bud away.

The others went inside nodding to the guy, but Byunghee hesitated… he didn’t understand what they were doing at the Rising Sun’s back door.

‘Come Birdie.’ Cheondung said and gently tugged on Byunghee’s t-shirt. ‘You will understand everything in a moment.’

Cheondung led them through the kitchen area that was still dark… the place was only open from 5. Behind the storage area a hall led to the inside of the building complex, connected by more than one passage.

They finally arrived to a black glass door… the voice of Nichkhun was clearly heard from the outside.

‘He is already mixing up Thai and English…’ Cheondung stated in monotone. ‘Not a good sign.’ with that he pushed the door open and motioned for them to follow him.

They arrived to a modern office like room; it seemed like some CEO’s workplace rather than some underworld mafia boss’s.

The Thai was really throwing a fit… he was arguing with somebody who sat in a chair, back facing the door.

‘Hyung, they kidnapped them.’ Jay said, and bowed deeply and the others followed suit. ‘We need your help.’

‘Sit down… we have to make our move quickly.’ an awfully familiar voice answered and to Byunghee’s utter shock Jihoon-hyung stood up from the chair. He was not in his usual white apron attire… he was wearing a messily arranged suit, oozing charisma.

‘What is the situation?’ Jihoon asked in a calm voice. But before anybody could answer Nichkhun grabbed his collar…

‘What do you mean?’ he sneered. ‘Wooyoungie… they took him away from me!’ he yelled, eyes glistening from repressed tears.

Byunghee felt the same anger… if he was not so shocked by the sudden situation he would be also shouting in pure rage… but he had no such right to express himself…

I am just a coworker...He thought bitterly, heart clenching in agony.

‘Nichkhun.’ Hyung said, in such a soft voice that Byunghee nearly missed it.

But it did its job; the enraged Thai released him immediately and bowed deeply.

‘Hyung, they disappeared on their way to work… and Taecyeon left a massage stating that they are with him.’ Jay said in an unnaturally calm voice.

‘Where is the massage?’

‘I-I tore it to pieces…’ JoKwon said, bowing deeply.

Hyung just sent him a soft look, like a father to their mischievous child.

‘Since he is so desperate, I can assume how weak his power is…We are taking them over.’ Hyung stated and Cheondung immediately jumped up from his place.

‘Hyung, we don’t have enough men here…’

‘We are moving out in an hour.’ he cut him off. ‘Call everybody in… Jinyoung is already working on the location.’

‘Yes, Hyung.’ Cheondung answered and hurried out from the room.

‘That damn sick bastard dared to trespass my territory, threatened those who are under my protection and took away my friends… it’s war.’ Jihoon said, and turned to the group. ‘I’ll make this right… you can count on it.’

Byunghee felt reassured even in that situation… Jihoon brown eyes said everything.

‘I’ll be back… I think you need to explain this to our Birdie.’ he smiled and patted Byunghee’s head on his way out, Nichkhun following right behind.

‘Jay, is Hyung the one that took over the district from Taecyeon, is he really the big-boss?’ Byunghee asked, finally piecing the mosaic together.

‘Yes he is. He is the Jihoon we all know after the sun rises… at night he is Rain that rules the area…Gosh that sounded cheesy.’ Jay said, smiling a bit at his own words. ‘I don’t know half of what he does, but he keeps every head under control here.’

Byunghee nodded… the restaurant owner, boxer-like, temperamental hyung was actually a charismatic, leader of the city’s underworld… now that’s something he didn’t expect.

‘And Nichkhun and Cheondung?’

‘They are his right hand, and they are in the rank because of skills not looks.’ Jay said, looking up at Byunghee.

‘But it helped a lot though.’ Cheondung said as he stepped inside.  ‘Getting information is much easier when you have the innocent face.’ he smiled mysteriously and opened a cabinet. ’Which baby shall I take with myself…’

He grabbed a black gun and smiled at it before tucking it away. ‘Ever held a gun?’ he asked, raising a questioning brow at them.

‘I did.’ Joon and Chansung raised their hands, and Cheondung threw two at them.

‘Only for self-protection… ‘ he told them.

Not only Byunghee’s but JoKwon’s eye turned as big as saucers. They started to finally catch on just how serious this take over was going to be.

‘We gathered 70 people.’ Nichkhun said as he and Jihoon returned to the room, followed by a few armed men.

‘Good. Prepare the cars… we need to reach the warehouse before they notice us.’ Jihoon said and dismissed his men. ‘I won’t drag any of you into it, it is dangerous.’ he said, turning to the group.

‘You don’t need to drag, hell, just try to hold me back.’ Junho said, standing up.

Jihoon smiled at him approvingly. ‘Anybody else crazy like this fellow?’

All of the Demons stood up without another word.

‘I see they are important to you… very well then.’ he said, and motioned for them to follow. ‘You are in the rescue team… which means while I play catch with my boys you have to get inside with Cheondungie.’

 

They were all sitting in the back of a black van, on their way to the hide out of Taecyeon.

‘Don’t worry, nothing will happen.’ Jinyoung tried to cheer them up, though he was just as nervous as everybody else.

The only calm person in the car was Cheondung who played absentmindedly with his gun.

‘Things will happen but I’ll get you in on the least messy way.’ he said, getting a disapproving glare from Jinyoung.

Byunghee was not listening… he couldn’t stop thinking about Seungho and Wooyoung, the pure terror in their eyes, how they trembled… holding onto each other. He felt like smashing something.

He felt a hand on his shoulder, it was Seulong.

He didn’t say anything just looked him in the eyes.

I know… we will save them, but I’m worried about how they feel right now… back in the clutches of that monster.

‘We will help them… they won’t suffer any more.’ Seulong whispered and squeezed his shoulder.

‘You are reading my mind again.’ Byunghee whispered back.

‘Just be there for Seungho…’he whispered and sent a soft smile to Byunghee.

‘We are here.’ Jinyoung said as he was holding onto JoKwon’s hand. ‘You will stay in here, alright?’ he added, patting the trembling Diva.

He shook his head.

‘You are not in the state to come inside.’ Jay told him. ‘Please wait for us here.’

JoKwon took a deep breath and nodded. ‘I’ll wait for your return.’ he said, smiling at them. ‘Bring them back.’

Everybody seemed to release a breath they were holding and smiled back at the Diva.

‘But of course.’ Seulong said.

‘I’ll ing tear those bastards head off.’ Junho said, throwing his fist in the air.

‘And I’ll look after him not to get in trouble.’ Chansung said, and patted the redhead on the shoulder.

‘Joon, take care of my Byungie.’ JoKwon said and squeezed Byunghee’s hand.

‘I’ll, I promise.’ Joon said, his bright smile finally returning to his features.

Suddenly the night air was filled with shouts of surprise and some shoots were also heard.

‘They started.’ Cheondung said and opened the van’s door. ‘Time to move out.’


Action time~ What will happen to the two kidnapped Demons? Will Byunghee be able to come to terms with everything? Hmm, guess we have to wait a bit more to find out... :)