Chapter 20

Demons' lair

Byunghee’s hands trailed patterns down Seungho’s sides, making him gasp into the kiss, making him trust against him harder. But delicious as the friction was, it was not enough… he wanted to feel the pale skin against his own, he wanted Seungho.

‘Hey, you guys in there?’ a shout and a loud knock disturbed them, startling Byunghee.

Seungho released his lips with an irritated groan.

‘It must be the others… they brought some of my stuff over.’ Seungho explained, resting his forehead against Byunghee’s shoulder.

‘You think they will leave if we don’t open the door?’ he asked, not wanting to let go of the moment.

‘No. They will just break the door down.’ Seungho answered while pouting, then without warning rolled his hips once again, earning a surprised and groan from the brunet. ‘Sorry, but this needs to wait.’ he whispered with a playful smirk and stood up, composing himself in a matter of seconds.

‘And you leave me here all flustered.’ Byunghee pouted as he sat up.

‘I like you that way.’ Seungho said with a chuckle and held out his hand.

Byunghee accepted the offer and his prince pulled him up and close to himself.

‘Just for your information…’ Seungho whispered into his ear, hot breath ghosting against Byunghee’s skin. ‘I have tricks to finish you off in seconds.’

Byunghee just spluttered in answer, face completely red and failing hard to try to calm himself down.

‘Good thing you are wearing an apron.’ Seungho said with a smirk then released Byunghee’s hand and moved to the front door, throwing it open to reveal a widely grinning Wooyoung and a sweetly smiling Joon.

‘Surprise!’ Joon chirped and held up a box, probably full of Seungho’s stuff. ‘We brought over the furniture too.’

‘What did you accomplish here?’ Wooyoung asked with a much too obvious jab.

‘Nothing much.’ Seungho answered and grabbed the box from Joon’s hand. ‘We just finished the wall.’

‘What’s with your face?’ Wooyoung asked again, poking Byunghee’s red cheeks.

‘I lifted Seungho up to reach higher and he was heavier than I thought.’ Byunghee answered with a poker face, cutting himself out from the situation…

Only to receive a glare from the Panda and an armful of heavy box.

‘Let’s finish this. We have practice at 9.’ Seungho said dryly, turning on his heels.

Joon and Wooyoung hurriedly followed him down to the car leaving a dumbstruck Byunghee behind, who just blinked stupidly with the box still in his hand.

 

Thankfully Seungho was not holding grudges because of the comment, but they didn’t have time to talk anyway. The moment they brought everything up Kwon called to hurry up, because practice was a must for the Animal stage.

Plus with all the tension between them… it would have been impossible to do anything.

It was not like before, this time the want stayed, throwing Byunghee off guard because they trespassed to somewhere far less innocent and Seungho was not about to back out from it.

He seemed to be ready to step over his past, to really start anew.

Oh god, I’m so addicted… he thought, catching himself daydreaming about that pale skin against crimson sheets. Again.

‘You are thinking of Seungho again.’ Mir deadpanned, looking up from his dinner. ‘You know, it’s kind of really disturbing to know exactly what you think of just by looking at your face.’ he added, raising an eyebrow at the brunet.

‘Better then shouting it out to the world like Jinwoon does.’ Byunghee answered back, receiving a reluctant agreeing nod from Mir.

‘Still, just have already… it’s painful to watch.’

‘It’s not working like that!’ Byunghee exclaimed, surprised at the bluntness.

‘Whatever… ‘

Really, Byunghee wanted to make sure Seungho was really ready for this… he couldn’t bear to hurt him, not after everything.

 

‘What did I do to deserve you for today’s shift?’ Byunghee asked, surprised by the change… he was supposed to work with Wooyoung.

‘I know, right? You must have done great deeds in your previous life.’ the Diva laughed, high-pitched and dragged Byunghee to the front. ‘I heard from Wooyoung that there was something going on with you yesterday, do I sense progress in your relationship?’ he asked with a wide smile.

Byunghee knew it was futile to get out of this conversation, so he answered with a sigh. ‘We just kissed.’

‘You didn’t just say that about kissing.’ Kwon exclaimed in disbelief. ‘Belittling a kiss that can range from chaste and sweet to passionate like a tango and usually ends up in a horizontal one, mind you… it’s a sin to say that.’

Byunghee just blinked at the sudden outburst.

‘So spill… were you ready to dance?’ Kwon asked, continuing his analogue.

‘I still don’t think he is-’

‘I didn’t ask that. And it’s not like he is not ready for , that my boy is not the issue here. He was just never loved before.’ JoKwon said, patting Byunghee’s shoulder. ‘That’s the important part, love. Right, Ongie?’

Byunghee turned around in surprise just to come face to face with the Giant who leaned against one of the columns.

‘Right, but from what I see there is no problem with that part.’ Seulong answered, smiling at the duo.

Byunghee smiled in answer as well, because – though in their own way – the others consoled and helped him and he felt reassured thanks to them…

‘So back to the original question. Were you ready to jump each other yesterday or not?’ Kwon grinned, turning the brunet back around by the shoulders.

Forget it… they were still the worst brunch .Ever.

‘Nearly.’ he answered, voice dry.

‘Knew it.’ the Diva chirped. ‘But it still won’t save you from tomorrow’s looong joint-practice, and no matter how much I love you guys, no PDA. It’s about work!’

 

And it was… the moment JoKwon stepped inside the practice room the next afternoon he became a dictator.

‘Everybody here?’ he asked, looking around for confirmation. ‘Good, I put together the schedule for Friday. We will practice according to it.’

‘Goodness, he will work us to death.’ Joon sighed.

 Byunghee only nodded, eyes fixed on his prince.

‘Nearly 3 hours dancing and singing… my poor legs.’ Joon whined further, just to receive a flying stack of paper to his forehead.

‘Shush already.’ Kwon chided. ‘Try to memorize the line-up instead. And be thankful that Jay is doing the shift alone for the sake of your practice.’

And they did memorize it by the time they finished at 2am in the morning. And they were not thankful for Jay. Not at all.

The only thing that kept Byunghee alive was the irresistible sight of his prince, because damn, he was too y for words. It would be a lie to say that he didn’t felt bothered by it…

‘Okay, good job… costume practice from 4. Don’t be late!’ the Diva announced as he made his way towards the exit, pink helmet already in hand.

‘I’ll bring water and more towels.’ Byunghee said standing up.

‘I’ll go with you.’ Seungho said, also standing up.

‘Don’t take for ages.’ Junho grinned up at them from the floor, earning a snicker from Wooyoung and Mir.

‘Will do just for you.’ Byunghee grinned back and kicked the door close behind himself.

But the door didn’t even shut when Seungho grabbed his hand a pulled him inside a recording studio, trapping him between the wall and himself.

‘How come nobody dragged you down from stage yet?’ he asked, breath ghosting against Byunghee’s lips.

‘What do you mean?’ Byunghee asked, gulping hard.

‘That look… you nearly drove me crazy.’ he said, nibbling on Byunghee’s bottom lip as his hands trailed pattern on the brunet’s stomach and chest.

‘Like you are any better.’ Byunghee chuckled, shivering under the feather-like touches. ‘You are driving me crazy since day one.’ he added, arms wounding around Seungho’s waist, pulling him against his chest.

‘Sorry to make you suffer then.’ Seungho said, his hands leaving the other’s chest to skim against Byunghee’s neck then cupped his face tenderly.

‘Apology accepted.’ Byunghee chuckled and pressed a soft kiss against his prince’s lips. ‘But you know I have this feeling of déjà vu… Did we have an encounter with walls?’

‘I think we did…’ Seungho said a bit sheepishly, obviously remembering that morning.

‘Then I think there is something I need to say.’ Byunghee said, caressing Seungho’s back.

Seungho bit his lips, embarrassed because of the tender and loving gaze.

 ‘You make my heart race and turn my legs into jelly just like last time… only the syndrome gets worse by the time. I’m still lost in the gorgeousness that’s you and I plan to stay lost for a while.’ he said, making his prince blush. ‘I don’t think I will ever be able to say it enough… I love you.’

‘I-I…’ Seungho hesitated, averting his gaze. ‘I still can’t believe you say that to me.’

‘I promised to make you love me as well, so believe me. I never lie when it comes to love.’ Byunghee answered, smiling a bit sadly. He knew that Seungho won’t say it yet; he was more upset about the fact why he was unable to say it.

‘Where the hell are they?’ Junho’s booming voice filled the hall, startling the pair. ‘I bet they snuck out just to make out… Hurry up! I’m dying of dehydration here!’ he yelled accompanied by a loud laugh.

‘He knew us too well… but we didn’t get to make out.’ Byunghee chuckled, running his fingers along his prince’s spine.

‘Too bad, but you have to settle for only this.’ Seungho said, pressing their lips together longing and passionate, but only for a moment before he separated from the other’s embrace completely. ‘Come before they hunt us down.’ he chuckled, pulling the breathless brunet after him and out of the room.

‘I knew it!’ Junho yelled triumphantly at the retreating back of the pair.

 

‘I’m so lonely!’ Jinwoon whined as Mir and Byunghee was busy to stuff their mouth with their lunch in the cafeteria.

‘Bwer a can’ herp it!’ Mir said with mouth full and black rings prominent under his eyes.

‘He said he can’t help it.’ Byunghee translated.

‘But you have practice today too… I can’t even watch it!’ Jinwoon whined again.

‘You know how Kwon is.’ Mir said, wiping off his face and standing up. ‘Let’s go Hyung. We have to hurry!’

‘Right. Sorry Wonnie.’ the brunet smiled apologetically and patted Jinwoon on the head before rushing off with the maknae.

‘You don’t even tell me about your boyfriend anymore!’ Jinwoon shouted after them, causing Byunghee to turn beet red and a few people to turn after them.

‘Will tell you later so shut up!’ Byunghee shouted back, earning a snicker from Mir and a puppy pout from Jinwoon.

 

‘Close your eyes while I change!’ the Diva chirped, ushering everyone behind the old Spanish wall.

‘Why? You didn’t let us see the dance, now the costume…’ Junho fumed, as he was pushed to the back as well along with Wooyoung.

‘I told you it’s a secret!’ Kwon exclaimed as Joon and Mir stuck their tongue out at the crowd squished behind the ugly decor.

‘I saw that!’ Byunghee laughed throwing an old cleaning rag at the cheeky duo, earning a loud yelp from Joon.

‘Chansung, Seulong and Jay can see it.’ Wooyoung pointed out, sitting down on a box.

‘Damn right.’ Junho fumed further, dissatisfied with the harsh treatment.

‘Well of course! Jay is the boss and the other two has to know what we do to be able to get a hold of the crowd.’ Kwon explained, looking at the complaining Junho as if he was stupid.

‘We understand Kwon, go and change we promise we won’t peek.’ Byunghee said reassuring the Diva with a smile.

‘You…’ JoKwon said with a dramatic sigh. ’You are my savior Angel among all these thick-headed Demons.’ he finished, theatrically throwing his hair back and sent a kiss to Byunghee before leaving the others behind the wall.

Wooyoung and Junho just stared after him blankly.

‘I thought you want to see the Panda all leather clad and y.’ Junho asked turning to Byunghee with a smirk.

Oh he did, alright. Especially with all the small details Mir blabbered out through the week.

Still, Byunghee hit Junho on the head with another rag for the remark and whispered his explanation to the red-head. ‘It’s not like I’m not but-‘

‘Knew it.’ Junho interrupted with another smug smirk.

‘Let me finish it.’ Byunghee sighed, starting to get used to these kind of teasing. ‘Animal is the last stage for today’s practice and I want to get out of the Diva’s clothing-dictatorship as soon as possible.’

‘Ah… didn’t think of that.’ Junho said.

The familiar beat of Animal filled the bar as Kwon started to sing with all his might then it was Mir’s turn to rap and with a finishing beat the song ended. Chansung cheered loudly and Jay hummed approvingly before the group came to the back, changing back to their clothes quickly.

‘You can come out now.’ Seungho said, peeking behind the wall.

‘Yeah come out. I have something to say before the kids arrive.’ Jay said, already sitting in the beat-up leather sofa. ‘Good job, Demons. I never thought you bunch of rowdy bastards can surpass the last birthday party, but you did. Thank you Mir, you are included in this too.’ he continued, sniffing a bit.

‘No problem.’ Mir smiled, getting a pat on his shoulder from the other maknae.

‘Are you crying, boss?’ Joon asked, earning a snicker from the others.

‘Of course not.’ Jay said, giving a hard glare. ‘But tomorrow we won’t have time to be sentimental, so I want everyone’s full attention and to give all you’ve got, alright?’ he asked, feather earring bobbing along his firm nod.

‘Understood.’ the Demon’s said in chorus, smiling at the Leadja.

‘Good… then Seungho, Wooyoung…’ Jay tried to play it cool but a soft smile played on his lips. ‘The lair is yours for today.’ he said, standing up. ‘Ah yeah, and anticipate my stage…’

With that said Jay marched out, leaving a grinning bunch behind.

‘He is such a cheesy grandpa.’ Kwon said, grabbing his bag.

‘An old, grumpy, demonic, hella scary cheesy grandpa.’ Chansung laughed as he got his jacket too.

Junho just grinned then grabbed Joon by the arm. ‘You still have to show me that move… I want to do it tomorrow.’ he announced and with a quick wave dragged the cheery bouncer outside.

‘Then I’ll go too.’ Kwon said, winking at the remaining group.

‘Could you give me a ride, I have to meet someone.’ Chansung asked and after saying bye too left the Lair with the Diva.

‘I’ll wait for you outside.’ Mir said to Byunghee with a smirk. ‘See you all tomorrow.’

‘Yeah and we will be up front.’ Wooyoung chirped and pulled the knowingly smiling Seulong through the curtain.

‘Well that was not obvious at all.’ Byunghee chuckled, grabbing his stuff too.

‘They are famous for their subtleness.’ Seungho smiled as well and stepped closer to the brunet. ‘Too bad I have work today… I wanted to show you my finished house.’

‘It’s finished already?’ Byunghee asked and pulled his prince into a hug, leaning his forehead against his as he swayed softly. He couldn’t help it, he was hungry for his touch, warmth… everything.

‘Yes. I finished everything today.’ Seungho answered, nuzzling his nose against Byunghee’s.  ‘Can’t wait to see you tomorrow.’ he chuckled, humming Wild softly.

‘Yeah me too.’ Byunghee smiled. ‘Then see you tomorrow.’

‘Yeah. Miss you already.’ Seungho said and kissed the brunet softly, earning a happy hum from him.

‘Love you.’ Byunghee whispered, squeezing Seungho closer to himself then stepped back.

‘Thank you.’


Not yet guys, not yet... let's just slowly build the tension and drive you all a bit up the wall till then~ ;)

Hugs and kisses, don't be too mad at me! :D