Chapter 17

Demons' lair

‘Finally we got to talk.’ Jinwoon grinned, sitting down beside the duo after they finished composing for the day.

‘Oh, joy.’ Byunghee deadpanned and pinched his nose, fighting down the already developing headache.

‘I’ll get popcorn. Don’t need to wait for me.’ Mir grinned and stood up to raid the cupboards.

‘So, my boy, did I hear it right that you slept over at Seungho’s place?’ Jinwoon asked, grin never fading from his features.

‘The emphasis is on sleep.’ Byunghee answered. He was not gonna talk about this with Jinwoon.

‘Let’s say I believe you.’ Jinwoon said, narrowing his eyes. ‘The question is how you ended up there? Because something must have happened before. Something only you two know about.’

Something, that’s really not your business.’

Like confessing, kissing against a wall and giving his first to his adorable prince in his boss’ office… no Byunghee definitely won’t spill any of that.

‘A-ha so something did happen.’ Jinwoon grinned victoriously.

‘Well, yeah. Since you pointed out, no one ends up in someone else bed without a good reason.’ Byunghee said in monotone, wiping the grin of Jinwoon’s face for a moment.

‘You try to play it cool, but you won’t get out of this chair till you spill everything.’ Jinwoon leaned closer, stating the rules of how he wanted to play this game.

Playing it cool… In reality Byunghee was trying hard not to blush like a friggin , because he still could not get over the iness that was Seungho.

But if he was caught by Jinwoon, there would be no end to his teasing.

He chose to stay quiet for now.

‘Anything happened?’ Mir asked, plopping down on his chair.

‘Our friend here is playing hard to get… from what I gathered this far nothing happened at Seungho’s place… but he surely hides away some juicy details from us.’ Jinwoon concluded, eyes not leaving Byunghee’s poker face for even a moment.

I wonder if Seungho is having this hard time with Wooyoung as well. Byunghee thought, keeping up his nonchalant façade.

‘Alright, I will ask questions. You answer yes, no or pass.’ Jinwoon said finally, breaking the very long silence and Mir’s munching.

‘Okay.’ Byunghee agreed to the conditions, since he really wanted to escape from this situation and have some time to think over everything that happened in the morning…

‘Did you confess?’

‘Yes.’

‘Did he answer?’

‘Pass.’

‘Oho, were you rejected?’ Jinwoon asked in surprise.

‘No. And no, I won’t and I can’t say the reasons.’ Byunghee answered. Seungho’s past was not for gossiping, and not for him to tell either.

‘… I’m guessing right now, but does it have anything to do with the reason those thugs kidnapped them?’ Jinwoon asked, silly grin disappearing as he saw the stealthy look of the other.

‘Yes.’ Byunghee’s hands unconsciously clenched into fists at the thought of those thugs.

Jinwoon nodded slowly, noticing the changes in Byunghee’s seemingly apathetic features.

‘Okay… I respect this kind of privacy…’

Mir snorted at that, earning the finger from Jinwoon.

‘So let me ask just one more question.’

‘Fine.’

‘Did you see him ?’  Jinwoon grinned, all serious and understanding moment gone in a second.

‘Yah, Jung Jinwoon... You are officially a ert.’ Mir answered, because Byunghee just blinked, eyes wide and totally flabbergasted.

‘I know.’ Jinwoon said without missing a beat. ‘So? Did you or did you not?’ he asked again wiggling his eyebrows for emphasis.

‘I won’t answer that question.’ Byunghee managed to choke out, face turning awfully red remembering the milky and pale skin against crimson sheets.

His façade was all blown because of the surprise attack…

‘You don’t need to answer anymore. Your face tells everything and all the details will come out later.’ Jinwoon chuckled. ‘Okay next topic, what will you do for the third year anniversary?’ he asked, leaving alone the whole thing with a shrug.

Mir just blinked and Byunghee nearly hit Jinwoon square on the face…couldn’t he leave the whole thing alone 10 minutes ago?

‘Yah, Jinwoon… do you want to die?’ Byunghee asked in an unnaturally calm tone.

‘Nah, I’m pretty good with teasing you and putting up a good show for our maknae.’ he grinned, ruffling up Mir’s hair.

‘So you want to put up a good show…’ Byunghee mumbled, losing his last ounce of patience.

‘Ah about that, we made a song together.’ Mir answered quickly, actually fearing for his insensible hyung’s life. ‘But we still couldn’t find a title for it.’

‘Do you want me to help?’ Jinwoon asked, oblivious to the death glare directed at him.

‘I thought of a good title…’ Byunghee said.

‘Really? What?’ Jinwoon chirped, turning back to Byunghee.

‘Wild.’ Byunghee deadpanned and jumped on Jinwoon tackling him down to the ground with a battle-cry.

‘Aigoo, these hyungs.’ Mir sighed, munching on his popcorn as he avoided the flailing limbs.

 

‘I’m here.’ Byunghee announced the next Monday, already afraid of what will come… still he was very satisfied that he accomplished his dream of giving Jinwoon a black eye.

‘First like usual. Come up here.’ Jay said, and Byunghee climbed the stairs nervously… he really hoped, that Jay did not know any of the happenings in his office.

‘Yes?’ Byunghee said as he glanced around, Jay was sitting by his desk.

‘Sit.’ the Leadja ordered, pointing to the chair in front of his desk. ‘I have something to discuss with you.’ he said and looked up from his laptop as Byunghee sat down.

‘What is it?’ Byunghee asked, rooting for anything other than him and Seungho…please…

‘You know, I have nothing against dating a coworker.’ Jay started, and Byunghee held back the urge to face-palm. ‘Just keep it a secret from the kids, because it cost me a lot if you are not “single”.’ he continued, patting the antique cashier on his desk. ‘So do whatever you want with Seungho, it’s completely fine by me.’

‘Jay, we are not even dating…’ Byunghee said. Yet.

‘Yet, mah boy, yet.’ Jay said with a lopsided grin. ‘Okay, since the others are late as usual, come and have a drink with me.’ he continued grinning and stood up. ‘By the way you will work with Seungho on Wednesday and no PDA.

 

‘Hey lover boy.’ Junho greeted, when Byunghee and Jay was already having their third drink.

Byunghee just raised an eyebrow at him as the grinning red-head plopped down beside him.

‘Everybody knows where you slept last Saturday.’ Junho explained and put his legs on Byunghee’s lap. ‘I’m rooting for you, Birdie.’

Byunghee sighed, throwing his head back. Everybody knows… yay, lucky for me.

‘Hi!’ Joon energetic voice came from the back area, and from the sounds of it most of the others arrived as well.

And sure enough, other than Joon, everybody gave him the look, especially Seulong. So Byunghee hid his face in his palms, resisting the urge to strangle the snickering Junho.

‘Who is missing?’ Jay asked, pouring his next glass.

‘Nobody.’ Wooyoung chirped as he stepped through the curtains as well.

Byunghee glanced out from behind his fingers as Seungho stepped inside, waving to the others. And the others very tactfully grinned, snickered and giggled…

Their eyes met and Seungho simply rolled his with a slight smile and sat down on Byunghee’s other side… which somehow stayed empty.

‘Hey.’ the blonde whispered. ‘Having fun, I see.’

‘Hi. No, I told you already it’s not fun without you… it’s torture.’ Byunghee whispered back with a wide smile, bad mood forgotten.

Seungho just chuckled back, elbowing him softly. ‘Cheesy.’

The audience erupted into yet another snicker-giggle fest and Jay slammed his glass down on the counter.

‘The maturity of high school girls!’ he groaned loudly, successfully cutting of the noise. ‘So impress me with your brilliance… what did you prepare?’

‘Me first! Me first!’ JoKwon jumped up excitedly.

Jay motioned for him to on ahead.

‘I’ve been working on it for a while, so let me sing a bit from it.’ Kwon grinned and Jay face palmed, obviously knowing which song it was.

He sang it and Byunghee liked the sound of it… I’m an animal… definitely fit JoKwon on stage.

‘Kwon-ah, just please tell me you gave up on those hideous shoes…’ Jay started, but the Diva cut him off.

‘Of course not. That’s the main point.’

‘Fine… but the song is not finished yet, is it?’

‘No… I need a recording studio for that.’ Kwon pouted, slightly deflated.

‘We have one at the dorms.’ Byunghee piped up. ‘We can help you with the recording and finishing the song.’

‘Really?’ JoKwon’s face lit up immediately. ‘You are my lucky charm!’ he grinned, winking at him.

‘Great. Any idea to make the song a performance?’ Jay asked and JoKwon’s hand shot up.

‘Leather, spikes and I thought of a choreography as well!’ he grinned, and Chansung just shook his head beside him.

‘… need somebody to dance for you then?’ Jay asked again carefully.

‘Yes, I need two dancers.’ Kwon smiled, finally sitting down.

‘I will do it.’ Joon volunteered.

‘Yeah, me too.’ Seungho raised his hand, and Byunghee gulped.

Leather and spikes… that screamed iness to him.

‘Good, work on that one then. Bluebird?’ Jay asked, turning to Byunghee.

‘I recorded something with my friend, Mir…’ Byunghee said, pushing Junho’s legs of his lap to put the CD in the player. ‘I thought of performing it with him since I at .’ he added, earning a snicker from JoKwon.

‘You sure do.’

‘I second that.’ Joon grinned as well.

‘Like you are any better.’ Byunghee chuckled, pressing the play button and Junho immediately started to move to the rhythm. The others smiled approvingly as well.

‘I’ll dance to this, end of conversation.’ Junho grinned, already making up the choreography.

‘Hmm, I think one dancer is enough… ‘Seulong said, and Jay nodded in agreement.

‘Let me be the stylist!’ Kwon jumped up again, startling Chansung and Joon.

‘Kwon, you will not be the stylist.’ Jay deadpanned, earning an angry huff.

‘Yah, Park Jaebeom…’

Byunghee felt it right to sit back down to avoid the ongoing war between the Diva and Jay, and the others seemed to ease themselves into a comfortable position as well… it was bound to be a long match.

‘I didn’t know you can compose this well.’ Seungho whispered, smile playing on his lips.

‘Only when I got inspiration.’ Byunghee smiled back, losing himself in the glistening brown eyes of the blond.

‘And what inspired you to do this song?’ Seungho asked.

‘One sentence caught my eyes, when Mir asked for help.’ Byunghee answered. ‘Your prince who will burn your hearts has arrived.’ he quoted, and Seungho raised a questioning eye brow. ‘I immediately thought of you.’

Seungho just rolled his eyes, but the soft blush on his cheeks was enough for Byunghee to smile wider.

‘Okay, fine! I’ll let you do it!’ Jay yelled in frustration. ‘But if you…’

‘I won’t mess up, I will make everyone y. Don’t worry gramps.’ Kwon grinned victoriously.

 

The meeting ended after another hour, they nailed down most of the performances and dance stages. The usual counter burning, water spraying and Jim Beam rain was obviously part of the program as well.

Other then Wooyoung, Chansung, Seulong and Jay, the rest piled into Joon’s beat-up car and headed out to Byunghee’s campus to start the preparations.

‘I have classes now, but you guys can use the recording studio and the practice room as well.’ Byunghee explained, painfully aware of Seungho’s thigh against his. ‘Jinwoon and Mir don’t have afternoon classes, so they will be down there as well.’

Which was such a bad idea, because they will most certainly tell all of his embarrassing stories to Seungho just to … at least he scored himself a date in the midst of chaos that Jay called organized meeting.

 

‘Why hello there!’ Jinwoon greeted them with an awfully wide smile, but still sporting his black eye.

‘Omo, what happened to you?’ Kwon shrieked, inspecting the swollen bruise.

‘Somebody finally taught you a lesson?’ Junho grinned.

‘Let me send them roses.’ Joon added as well.

Byunghee sent a death glare to Jinwoon and he seemed to understand the massage because he shivered slightly.

‘Very funny. Nothing happened, I was just careless.’ Jinwoon shrugged and ushered the group to the basement. ‘Bye lovely, see you soon.’ he waved to Byunghee with a wink that said trouble was on its way…

Seungho stayed back a bit and turned to Byunghee with a smile.

‘See you soon then?’ he asked.

‘Hmm, after surviving the most boring afternoon ever.’

‘I can help you with that…’ Seungho said and pressed a quick kiss to Byunghee’s lips. ‘Just to make your afternoon better.’ he smiled and headed off after the noisy group.

‘You know… this just made it more painful, because I know what I’m missing out.’ Byunghee shouted after him and Seungho just sent a lopsided grin back in answer.

 

Byunghee was making his way back to the dorms after finishing with all his classes… he was right, the kiss was enough to mess up his concentration…

…and led his imagination to places that were highly inappropriate during class.

‘I’m finished. What did you put together?’ he asked, pushing the door of the recording studio open.

‘Hi.’ Mir waved, taking off his headphones. ‘Animal is ready to bomb, only needs some finishing work and Hands up will be finished tomorrow.’

‘If it’s not a problem I’ll borrow Mir for a rap segment.’ Kwon smiled, looking up at Byunghee from the chair.

‘Sure… but where is Jinwoon?’ Byunghee asked a bit warily.

‘Practice room.’ Mir grinned.

Byunghee grimaced and hurriedly made his way to the other end of the basement… maybe he can still save his dignity… probably not.

‘And he was like some mop in an emo-corner.’ Jinwoon’s voice was easily heard through the door.

‘Hey, everything okay?’ Byunghee asked, trying to act normal as he opened the door.

Jinwoon was sitting on the floor with Junho and Joon was stretching with Seungho.

‘Of course, we were talking about you.’ Jinwoon grinned.

‘Who would have guessed…’ Byunghee rolled his eyes and pulled Jinwoon’s hood over his head.

‘Jinwoonnie was telling us about how you got to the Lair.’ Junho smirked up at him.

‘I got dumped, that’s how.’ Byunghee said, cutting a probably embarrassingly exaggerated story short.

‘I think we are finished for today.’ Joon chirped, running over to give Byunghee a hug. ‘You can’t see the dance yet. It’s a secret!’

‘What secret? Am I not part of the club or what?’ Byunghee asked, poking Joon in the stomach.

‘No one can see it. JoKwon wants to surprise everyone with it.’ Seungho explained, with an unreadable face.

‘And what about them?’ Byunghee pouted, pointing to the grinning duo on the floor.

‘They saw nothing, cutie bird.’ Joon smiled, pinching Byunghee’s cheeks. ‘Let’s go!’ he announced and marched to the door, grabbing Junho’s hand on his way out, dragging him out as well.

‘By kids! See you later.’ Jinwoon stood up as well and sent a wink back before disappearing on the dark hallway.

‘So Joon gets to hug but you don’t even say hi to me?’ Seungho pouted and Byunghee pouted back.

‘Joon attacked me… and I couldn’t concentrate because of you, so you deserve this much.’

‘Am I the bad one now?’ Seungho asked, soft smile playing on his features.

‘Well, who else? I’m innocent here.’ Byunghee answered, stepping closer.

‘Innocent… yeah sure.’ Seungho rolled his eyes. ‘I heard else.’

‘Don’t believe everything Jinwoon says.’ Byunghee grinned and leaned in to peck Seungho on the lips. ‘Come on then. I promised you a date, didn’t I?’ he asked and held out his hand to Seungho.


Happy new year, guys! Hope you had an awesome 2013 and will have an even better 2014 :D

And since you asked Charlot, no more angst! I'm planning to keep our lovelies in their happy-bubble from now on and see where their love grows~

Will be back with more soon ;)