Chapter 2

Demons' lair

He promised hell. And one hell of a party took place that night.

Byunghee understood what Jinwoon meant by night show. The bartenders took turns performing and heating up the crowd, getting wild responses and more and more orders.

Though all of them where great, even better then professionals, Byunghee could just stare at one person all night, the Panda.

He was in charge of dancing, and boy did he dance, heating up the mood with a deadly y gaze and distracting lip .

‘You sure you only came here because of the girls?’ Mir voiced out Byunghee’s thoughts exactly. ‘Because damn, these guys are distracting.’ he whistled and cheered on the Diva’s singing.

‘Maybe, maybe not.’ Jinwoon snickered, and grabbed the bottle again.

‘Anybody thirsty for more?’ shouted the Emperor, getting on stage.

The crowd went wild with cheers, howling in agreement.

‘Then drink!’ he shouted, spraying the crowd with water, then grabbed a guy from the front row and poured whiskey into his mouth.

‘Get us more booze!’ Jinwoon shook Byunghee’s arms. ‘I don’t think I can make it to the bar.’ he added, laughing out loud throwing his head back in mirth.

‘Hyung… you think you will make it?’ asked Mir, grinning wildly. ‘You might get attacked by the redhead.’ he laughed as well, leaning against the table for balance.

‘And you actually dare to say that I can’t hold my liquor?’ Byunghee asked, smirking at his drunken friends. Not that he was in a better condition, just better at keeping himself together.

‘You are the best… just bring me some.’ Jinwoon slurred out and nudged him.

So Byunghee stood up and got down into the dancing crowd, finding his way between swaying bodies. He arrived to the bar in one piece.

‘Get me a bottle of whisky.’ he said, when he came to face with the Diva.

‘Ah, Jinwoonnie’s friend.’ he recognized him immediately.

‘Byunghee, nice to meet you.’ he said, holding out his hand.

‘JoKwon. I’ll get your bottle in a minute, we just ran out of it.’ he smirked, shaking his hand and started to maneuver to the side door.

Byunghee followed him with his eyes because he was actually dancing around the others to get to the back. It was quite funny.

‘Yah, that’s my friend there! Entertain him while I get his drink!’ JoKwon shouted back from the door, winking back at Byunghee.

‘You are his friend?’ asked a smooth, mellow voice so Byunghee turned back to the front.

And came face to face with the cold prince.

He forgot to breathe for a while, heart beating rapidly. He is even more gorgeous from this close.

The Panda was leaning against the counter as he gazed at him with those cool brown eyes.

‘…Yeah.’ he answered dumbly, mentally face palming himself. ‘I mean yeah, we became one in the past two minutes.’

The blond just rolled his eyes.

‘Typical.’ the guy called Fox smiled while handing out drinks beside them. ‘I haven’t seen you here yet, are you new?’ he asked, turning towards Byunghee as he grabbed a bottle of tequila from under the counter.

‘Yeah, it’s my first time here.’ Byunghee smiled back. This guy really is the nice one out here. he thought.

‘Marry me, baby!’ a man shouted beside Byunghee, causing him to jump in surprise, as the drunk man grabbed the Panda’s hand.

‘Hell no.’ he answered coldly, snatching his hand back. ‘And because you are a rude bastard you are getting a shot of tequila for you and me.’ he added, leaning over the counter and snatched the money from the man.

He was damn close to Byunghee and he could actually feel the blonde’s warmth and exotic scent. It was a mixture of scotch, coffee and something spicy. Really addicting.

‘I’m back, sorry to make you wait.’ JoKwon said, putting the bottle down in front of him.

‘No problem.’ Byunghee smiled back a bit awkwardly, he was still flustered from the close encounter.

He handed over the money and was about to turn and make his escape, when his prince called after him.

‘Hey you, the bastard got away, drink this one with me.’ the Panda said in a monotone voice and handed the tequila to Byunghee. ‘See you later.’ he added, looking into Byunghee’s eyes and clinked their glasses together.

 

‘Hey guys.’ somebody nudged Byunghee.

He drowsily sat up, holding his head.

‘Yeah…?’ he managed to say, his voice all cranky from the alcohol.

‘We are closing.’ said the guy and Byunghee managed to open his eyes to look at his face.

The guy was quite muscular, must be a bouncer, but he was smiling brightly down at them, dimples showing and eyes crinkling from behind dark brown locks.

‘Joonnie, just five more minutes.’ Jinwoon slurred out.

‘Get up, it’s already 5.’ he said, hitting Jinwoon’s back. ‘Or I’ll get our Leadja here to kick your .’

Jinwoon immediately sat up straight, eyes wide and awake.

‘Alright, I get it.’ he said, standing up wobbly pulling the half-awake Mir with him.

Byunghee also stood up, looking around the bar. The hidden windows were opened, letting the cool morning air inside. A few people were still here, also getting wakened up by another bouncer. The bartenders disappeared, only the Italian and the Fox were there, cleaning the floor and putting up the chairs.

‘Come on guys.’ Jinwoon said, waving at the brunette, Joon, and made his way towards the exit.

‘Where are we going?’ Mir asked, yawning noisily. ‘The first bus will only leave in an hour.’

‘Here comes the next secret, the best place to start after a night out.’ Jinwoon said, holding the sleepy maknae up.

‘Where? At some girlfriend of yours?’ Byunghee asked, skeptic of Jinwoon’s secrets.

‘Nah, at the Rising Sun.’ he announced and started to drag himself and Mir towards the direction of the main street.

 

‘Hyung! I’m here.’ Jinwoon announced loudly, as he opened the door of a busy restaurant. It was only a bit after 5, but the place was full.

Byunghee looked around the place, nudging Mir awake, who got on his back to sleep on their way to the restaurant.

Cozy and friendly, exactly what they needed.

‘You again, brat?’ came a low voice from the busy kitchen, and the owner of the voice appeared behind the handing-out counter.

The man was tall, taller than Jinwoon and probably more well built as well. He seemed like a boxer, not a restaurant owner.

‘Yeah, these are my friends, Byunghee and Mir.’ he said pointing at them.

‘Yo, I’m the owner of this hell hole. Jihoon.’ he said, gesturing to the place vaguely. ‘Make yourself at home. The brats will get your orders in a minute.’

The trio sat down in one of the boots, and Byunghee just raised one brow at Jinwoon.

‘I know. I know, mom. I hang out too much around here.’ Jinwoon said, grinning cheekily, when a waiter stood beside the table.

‘Hello, what can I get you?’ came a bit monotone, nasal voice.

Byunghee glanced up at the guy, he had a small face but he was handsome… though his dark eyes were staring bored at them.

‘Good morning, sunshine!’ Jinwoon smiled at the guy brightly. ‘Nice to see you too, Dungie!’

‘I can’t say the same.’

‘We will have three of the specialty, and a lot of coffee.’

‘Right.’ he answered, scribbling down their order and strode away.

‘Woonnie!’ came a more bright and accented voice from behind them.

‘Khunnie!’ Jinwoon smiled, waving at the guy as he made their way to them.

‘You showed the place to your friends?’ the guy questioned, plopping down beside Jinwoon.

He was handsome, like a prince. That was the first thing that came to Byunghee’s not properly functioning mind so early in the morning.

‘Everybody, this is Nichkhun and the grumpy guy is Cheondung, they are the waiters of the place and my guardian angels.’ Jinwoon said.

Nichkhun just smiled brightly at them, shaking their hands. Mir was not really paying attention, as he slumped against Byunghee for support.

‘You missed the Demons by a few minutes; they were in a hurry today.’ Nichkhun said, chuckling at the drowsy guy.

‘Oh, damn. I guess we will have next time.’ Jinwoon said and turned to the other two. ‘The Demons of the bar usually eat breakfast here after work.’ he explained, when the entrance opened again.

‘Wooyoungie!’ Nichkhun shouted, eyes brightening up as a million watt smile broke out on his features.

Byunghee turned around and was surprised to see the Fox and the Italian at the door.

‘Excuse me.’ Nichkhun bowed politely and dashed to the door, pecking the Fox’s cheeks.

Byunghee just stared at the scene, when he noticed the steely glare of the Italian. He quickly turned back.

‘They are dating.’ Jinwoon explained again.

‘I really don’t know the half of the things you do out here.’ Byunghee said, amazed at Jinwoon wide range of knowledge about these people.

‘I told you. It’s like another life of me.’ Jinwoon smiled back. ‘But it worked didn’t it? You forgot about all your troubles.’

‘Yeah, I guess you were right.’ Byunghee answered, he completely forgot about his ex… he had somebody else to think about all night, with a captivating gaze… Was he really falling for a guy? No...that could not happen, he likes women… Must be the alcohol…

‘Here.’ came the familiar nasal voice of Cheondung again, putting down their plates and breaking Byunghee’s train of thoughts. ‘Bon appetite.’

 

They arrived back to the campus somehow; though they fought down the after effects of the hangover with the specialty they were still tired as hell. They literally needed to drag Mir after them and they just left him on the couch, too tired to make it to his room and back to theirs.

Byunghee woke up at 5 in the afternoon, and made his way to their hole of a kitchen to make some dinner for the other two.

He couldn’t forget the lair, it had a great affect on him, the music, the dance, the bartenders… and he had an even greater affect on him…

So it was not just the alcohol. Byunghee thought, sighing. But immediately a bright smile broke out on his features as he thought back to the tequila they shared…

‘What’s with that creeper face so early in the afternoon?’ Mir asked groggily, yawning loudly as he plopped down on a chair.

‘I was just thinking.’

‘Don’t tell me… you really want to jump off the roof.’ Mir grinned.

‘Haha, very funny.’ Byunghee deadpanned, throwing a carrot at the maknae.

‘Okay, really. What’s with the face?’

‘He is having his first male crush.’ Jinwoon answered instead as he made his way into the kitchen, ruffling up the maknae’s hair on his way.

‘Am not.’ Byunghee said, angrily flipping the content of the frying pan.

‘Don’t deny it, I had the same face after the first time.’

Mir and Byunghee just turned to stare at Jinwoon in surprise.

‘It was actually you.’ Jinwoon said in a serious voice, grabbing Mir’s hand. Than cracked up, laughing at the surprised face of the maknae.

‘Hyung… that was just plain weird.’ Mir said as he raised an eyebrow, snatching his hand back.

‘So who is it?’ Jinwoon turned to Byunghee, leaning his face against his hand smiling nonchalantly at the darkly staring guy.

‘None of your business.’

‘So you do have one!’

‘… shut up.’ Byunghee mumbled, turning back to the frying food hastily.

‘No way… the forever ladies man has a male crush!’ Mir exclaimed, mouth hanging open in disbelief.

‘Who is it? Who is it?’ Jinwoon asked, wiggling excitedly in his chair.

Byunghee just sent him a glare placing the food down on the table.

‘Than I’ll guess… maybe I’ll get a reaction out of you.’ Jinwoon smiled up at him.

‘Let’s play it like a game. Whoever wins doesn’t have to pay next week.’ Mir said, also excited.

The two glanced at each other and shook hands in agreement, and then turned to smile angelically at Byunghee.

He just let out a frustrated sigh, stabbing his chopsticks into the stew.

‘He has black hair, the eyes of an eagle and could have you whipped whenever he wants.’ Mir started only getting a cold stare as a response. ‘Maybe not the Leadja.’ he mumbled, glancing away from the menacing look.

‘Of course not, Byunghee is a delicate flower he wouldn’t fall for such a guy.’ Jinwoon said frowning disapprovingly at the maknae.

‘Like that’s the only problem here.’ Byunghee mumbled, stuffing rice into his mouth. Delicate flower, my …he thought.

‘Let me show you how it’s done.’ said Jinwoon, pushing his chair close to Byunghee, leaning closer with eyes narrowed and focused on his target’s face.

Byunghee didn’t bulge at the sudden violation of his personal space; he was kind of used to it now.

‘Not Leadja and not the scary Italian guy for sure… hmm you’re kind of hard to crack…’ Jinwoon said, scratching his chin in thought then suddenly a grin broke out on his features.

Mir leaned closer as well, it was a rare sight to see his hyung flustered and maybe Jinwoon will succeed today.

‘He is a dancer with honey thighs and ily swaying hips.’ Jinwoon started in a hushed and deep voice, as if telling some story… actually managing to remind Byunghee about said swaying hips and thighs.

He was trying hard not to blush at the mental image.

‘Hmm, and he has deep brown eyes that can pierce your soul.’ Jinwoon continued, smirk gradually growing.

Oh he did have deadly gorgeous eyes. Byunghee thought.

‘And those lips… ah yeah those lips…’ Jinwoon sighed, acting like a love struck teenage boy. In reality he was just calculating his next attack.

Now that sent Byunghee into a blush… those lips were his weak point.

‘He is blushing! You got him!’ Mir cheered excitedly.

‘…It’s the Panda isn’t it?’ Jinwoon asked, more like stated leaning back in his chair, smirking triumphantly.

‘Alright, he is!’ Byunghee exclaimed, hiding his blushing face away and groaned in frustration. Only hearing the loud cheers of victory of Jinwoon.