Love Ad

Springtime

 

Chanyeol/Bomi, 1.8k of fluff, 'ad' taken from a tumblr post

 


 

‘If you don’t mind cuddling all day or being lazy and sleeping on top of me while watching movies. Or eating pizza or getting hickies. Come be mine’

 

It’s hard not to frown at the piece of paper stuck on the announcement board on one of the student lounge, because, what the actual , and Chanyeol was no different, eyes twitching unevenly as he scrutinized the ‘advertisement’ in front of him. The ad was covered by at least three other papers, and the only reason Chanyeol able to read it was because he’s on duty to clean up the board – a boring task because he needed to read every papers, picking the ones he deemed suitable, like the one Zhang Yixing put up (he’s searching for his lost bag) and ripped the unrelated ones, like the note KJI had left for OSH that read, ‘fine ur is bigger EVERYONE ITS TRUE!!! ITS HUGEE!!!!’ in a barely readable scribble, along with a, ‘I can testify’ from HZT.

 

Deciding that, yep, definitely belongs to the trash can, Chanyeol ripped the paper from the board, but then right before he was about to crumple it, his eyes stumbled on the smaller writing on the bottom of the paper – the address of the one who put the ad, apparently, Dorm B room 213.

 

His eyes twitched again and Chanyeol rubbed on his left eye, slightly annoyed that his eyes thought they’re some sign-teller that he needed to pay attention to. No, he thought, but what if, he thought, are you dumb, it’s obviously a joke, he thought, but WHAT IF, what if it’s a cute person who likes to cuddle and likes Star Wars as much as you, he thought, OR MAYBE IT’S A ING JOKE, he thought, and FINE, BE THAT PESSIMISTIC BASTARD, and Chanyeol massaged his forehead, tired of his inner conflicts.  

 

He laid out the possibilities in his head, 1) It could be a joke; 2) It could be a prank for Dorm B room 213’s resident; 3) It could be real…? Maybe? All Chanyeol knew was, Dorm B was a co-ed dorm, and that’s it, he had no friends there who he could ask about the identity of Dorm B room 213’s resident.

 

For some unknown reasons that probably had a relation with fate, destiny, and such (not really, Chanyeol just did things out of impulse and it’s Friday night and his friends were out with their significant others while Chanyeol only had Nico Robin, his laptop), Chanyeol put the ad into his pocket and threw away the others.

 

Soon he found himself walking to Dorm B, the what if side of his mind winning and encouraging his steps while the you dumb what the hell are you doing side kept on second-guessing his poor choices in life by bringing up the worst case scenarios in his head. But they came in unison with the plan that he could just pretend he came to the wrong address if the person was not up to his liking (But he’s not really picky…? He’s bi and he’s definitely into pizza, movies, cuddles, and hickies, so it should be fine…?). If it turned out to be a joke, Chanyeol could say that they shouldn’t do that because it disturbed the world’s peace or some he would make up on the spot. 

 

Thirteen minutes later and Chanyeol stood in front of room 213 – it was decorated with a lot of stickers and there’s a poster with the words, People who love to eat are always the best people, which made Chanyeol nodded in agreement. No clue about the gender of the room’s owner, though – not that it really mattered.

 

He took a deep breath. And knocked on the door. And waited.

 

It wasn’t a long wait, because in seven seconds the door was opened from the inside, revealing – Chanyeol lowered his stare a couple of centimeters from his initial guess of the other’s height – a girl, with hair tied up into a high bun on top of her head, a round face with curious eyes and small pink lips, dressed in over-sized t-shirt with hopefully, for the sake of Chanyeol’s desire, something under it. Cute, and she’s into Chanyeol’s liking.

 

“Yeah?” she asked, one eyebrow raised, not impatient nor annoyed, just sounded like she had no idea at all about who the hell Chanyeol was. Which, of course, was exactly what happened.

 

“Hi,” Chanyeol started before he cleared his throat. The girl raised her eyebrows even more, seemingly appreciating Chanyeol’s deep voice. This was a nice start. “I saw this on the student lounge’s announcement board.” He took out the advertisement, holding it up so the girl could see it. Joke? Prank? Reality?

 

“… Ah!” her face lightened in recognition seeing the ad. So, reality??? Maybe??? She looked up to Chanyeol, hastily pulling off her hair tie and combing her hair with her fingers. “Sorry, I didn’t expect—Anyway! Hi! I’m Yoon Bomi, Sophomore in Architecture! And you?”

 

Chanyeol blinked. “Chanyeol, Park Chanyeol. Junior, I’m studying Mechanical Engineering…” He trailed off, the mind came into a slow, shocking realization that apparently the ad was not a joke or a prank at all, what did I tell you, pessimistic bastard, she really is  a cute person, right, he thought, yeah but what if she’s a crazy psychopath, he argued, well  then we run—

 

“Woah, nice! Well, what about favorite pizza?”

 

Automatically, although he’s still unsure about a lot of things at the moment, Chanyeol answered, “A lot of cheese, pepperoni, and Chicken BBQ.”

 

Bomi’s eyes were beaming, round and hopeful. “Perfect! Now, movies? Yay, nay, genres, what about serials and k-dramas?”

 

“Umm, very much yay? Kind of anything, really. Serials, quite yay I suppose, k-dramas… sometimes? I watched Reply 1997 and Reply 1994…Oh, Dream High, but I heard Dream High 2 is—”

 

“For the love of God,” Bomi suddenly said exasperatedly, “Please love yourself and don’t watch it. It’s a complete waste of time and don’t talk to me about the crappy ending, also, the complicated love lines are so… forced! I would had stop watching it if it wasn’t for the bae Junior! At least he’s cute in there.”

 

Chanyeol wasn’t sure how to respond to the sudden outburst, and he just let out a short, “Uh… Okay?”

 

“Just, don’t watch it, alright? Anyway…,” Bomi tried to fix her appearance by more hair-combing and she flattened her palms against her shirt, straightening it, “… if you’re okay with me… come in?” she stepped back, opening the door wider and Chanyeol could see the room, a little bit messy but still decent.

 

“Wait—So it’s true? You’re serious about… about this?” he waved the paper in his hand, incredulous, a little bit excited, but more confused and in daze.

 

“Well, yeah? We have to have the same taste in pizza, which, we do! And you have to like a lot of movies and serials and k-dramas cause I love them lots, it’s a relieve that you do because it’s, really, not easy to find someone like that,” Bomi explained, almost like she’s defending herself and her act of putting up the ad. “And, you’re… cute, I kind of like you already. You look like you’ll be great at cuddling.”

 

Chanyeol wasn’t aware that he looked like he’d be great at cuddling. What’s the indication, his tall stature? His long legs? Was there anyone who at cuddling? Wow, talking about a total failure. But hey, he’s cute, that’s all that mattered.

 

“So?” Bomi bounced a little at her heels, looking up to Chanyeol with those round, hopeful eyes again. He’s not the only who’s cute.

 

Before his mind could come up with more arguing, Chanyeol stepped inside the room, making Bomi grinned widely and let out a little cheer.

 

“Yaay, awesome!” she closed the door behind Chanyeol. “I’ll order the pizza, and since it’s the first time, I’ll pay, but don’t get used to it, understand? And, ah, I have some movies that I want to watch, there’s a special mini-drama too, you can check them and choose one that looks promising? Oh wait, you don’t have anything to do tonight, right?”

 

Chanyeol shook his head, the mind’s typing what… is… happening… really slowly as he took a seat on Bomi’s bed, the unhealthy amount of stuffed dolls on it staring at him with beady eyes.

 

Forty minutes later Chanyeol’s mind was no longer typing or trying to understand what happened, since it was greatly engrossed in watching The Con Artists on Bomi’s laptop, mouth busy chewing on the pizza Bomi ordered before. Bomi was on his side doing the same thing, swallowing the rest of her pizza with the help of a big gulp of lemon tea. She crossed her legs, and thankfully (or unfortunately) she did wear something underneath the over-sized t-shirt, but the bad news was (or good news) it was a boy shorts. Chanyeol liked them on girls.

 

Halfway through the movie Bomi started to re-arrange the pillows for her to lie dawn, and she??? Pulled??? Chanyeol??? Down??? With her???

 

“Waaah…,” Bomi let out a contented sigh. “As expected, you’re perfect for cuddling! You smell nice too…” She snuggled closer, fitting herself right onto Chanyeol’s chest.

 

“Err… thanks?” It should feel weird, cuddling with a stranger, but maybe because she’s pretty and—Nope. Actually, it still felt weird. “Hey, Bomi?”

 

“Mmm?”

 

“Is this just one-time thing, like… some kind of… one night stand without the , like, cuddle buddy for the night?” he managed to ask, Kim Woobin on the screen forgotten.

 

“What? No!” Bomi spluttered, pulling her face from Chanyeol’s chest to look up at him. “I thought I already make it clear on the ad? If you don’t mind cuddling all day or being lazy and sleeping on top of me while watching movies. Or eating pizza or getting hickies. Come be mine. And you’re here, so you’re mine!”

 

Chanyeol raised his eyebrows slowly. Okay let’s think about it over, he thought.

 

But before he could go into an argument with himself, Bomi made a sound of, “Ah!” and Chanyeol could almost see the lightbulb went on in her head. She propped herself up with her elbow while using the other hand to pulled Chanyeol down by the neck, and suddenly, there’s a lips on Chanyeol’s neck, hard.

 

“There!” she let Chanyeol go a few seconds later. There’s a childish proudness on her face when she pointed at a spot on Chanyeol’s neck, and although Chanyeol couldn’t see it, he’s 100% sure that she just gave him a hickey. “Mine!”

 

Bomi turned around, making herself the small spoon as she ready to watched the rest of The Con Artists, while Chanyeol just stared.

 

Apparently, he just got himself a girlfriend through a very weird love ad.

 


 

This is slowly turning into Bomi/Chanyeol collection...

Lately it's so hard for me to write it frustrates me T__T