Chanyeol’s Horrible Idea

Springtime
  • Title: Chanyeol’s Horrible Idea
  • Author: nicorobin @ AFF / Tumblr
  • Genre: something pointless, I’m sorry I just need to write and this is happened
  • Length: 17xx words
  • Characters: Chanyeol + Joonmyeon, Chorong, Jongdae, Bomi ++ Jongin, Kris, Baekhyun, Naeun, Eunji
  • Pairing: Chenmi

 


 

They all regretted it, really, but no one regretted it more than Chanyeol. He learnt it the hard way, that introducing Jongdae to Bomi was a bad idea, because instead of hooking up, they joined forces. It’s horrible.

 

It started one morning when Joonmyeon woke up with his room’s floor covered with paper cups filled with cola, every inch of it, and he hadn’t realize it yet, still rubbing his eyes open when he threw his feet to the floor and—

 

Joonmyeon was not pleased. He had to miss his morning lecture to clean up his room.

 

Of course Joonmyeon grabbed Jongdae’s neck the next time they met, but Jongdae only laughed maniacally, obviously happy and not feeling any kind of guilt or remorse.

 

The biggest challenge living in a dorm was how to survived Kim ing Jongdae’s pranks.

 

When Jongin whined to his hyung, saying that Jongdae changed all the names in his phone’s contact to pokemon’s name, Joonmyeon rubbed his temple harshly and mumbled, That kid had too much time on his own, maybe if he has a girlfriend…

 

And Chanyeol was eating his lunch in front of Joonmyeon and Jongin that day, not really paying attention to Jongin’s whine to Joonmyeon because it’s Jongin’s fault, he should had learn to lock his phone from the previous time Jongdae used his phone and sent his derp photos to his crush, but Chanyeol’s ears perked up when he heard Joonmyeon’s mumble ‘cause… Why it sounded so familiar? Oh right, maybe because he heard the same thing from his sister just a couple days ago.

 

If I see her I’m going to kick her and I’ll make sure she learnt her lessons! Chanyeol flinched, trying not to upset his sister more because normal Chorong was scary, and angry Chorong was… something else.

 

Who is it, Noona? Bomi? Chanyeol asked even though he knew no one else could make his sister as upset as Bomi could.  

 

Do you know what she did this time? She wrapped all my things with paper wrap! My pillows, my books, my clothes! I will never leave her alone in the dorm ever again, if it’s holiday and I’m coming home and she’s not, I’m dragging her with me!

 

Chanyeol had to give kudos to Bomi for her prank. Maybe later. And most definitely not in front of Chorong.

 

If only that girl has a boyfriend, maybe she will change… But then again, who wants to date a girl like her?! Chorong shredded the bread in her hand and Chanyeol quickly ate his lunch, didn’t want to spend more time with his angry sister.

 

Hyung, Chanyeol said to Joonmyeon, Chorong Noona has a friend…

 

Chanyeol regretted it, really, he should had just keep his mouth shut. And Joonmyeon and Chorong too, they all regretted it, because they all agreed to Chanyeol’s idea and they were the one who planned for Jongdae and Bomi to meet.

 

But no one regretted it more than Chanyeol.  

 

***

 

Joonmyeon told Jongdae that he would treat him to lunch, and Jongdae was already sitting in the table Joonmyeon reserved in the appointed restaurant, but he never showed up. Instead, a girl with funny pigtails showed up, tilting her head, “Who are you? Why are you sitting in our table? Are you Chorong Unnie’s friend?”

 

***

 

Chorong told Bomi that she would treat her to lunch, and Bomi was running a little bit late, the waitress showed her the table that was reserved under Chorong’s name but instead of Chorong, there’s a stranger with high cheekbones sat on their table. “Your table? I believe this is my table, my friend reserved it for us… Chorong… Is that the same Chorong as Park Chorong, Chanyeol’s sister?”

 

***

 

Joonmyeon, Chorong, and Chanyeol were sitting restlessly on a café across the street, they could see Jongdae and Bomi from their seat and Chanyeol wondered why they had to spy on the couple’s first meeting. Chorong smacked his arm and muttered Shut up and Joonmyeon nodded before the two returned their attentions to Jongdae and Bomi.

 

“Do you think this will work? I can’t tell if Bomi’s angry or not,” Chorong whispered. Chanyeol wanted to ask why she needed to whisper when Jongdae and Bomi clearly couldn’t hear her, but he chose to keep his comment by himself.

 

“Same here, Jongdae’s face doesn’t change either,” Joonmyeon said and he’s ducking his head, what for, Chanyeol thought, Jongdae and Bomi couldn’t see them from their angle.

 

They didn’t appear to be talking, Jongdae and Bomi, they just sat there and busied with their phones, and the next moment Joonmyeon and Chorong checked their phones for messages and they grimaced.

 

“I think I need to raise my guard up for the next week… or month… or forever,” Joonmyeon said grimly, showing his phone to Chorong and Chanyeol and there’s a message from Jongdae, Joonmyeon Hyung J and that’s it.

 

“Me too,” Chorong sighed and showed her phone, and there’s a message form Bomi, My favourite Unnie! ^__^ and nothing else.

 

They thought their plan had fail, until Jongdae and Bomi showed up together at Kris’ birthday party and Jongdae only said, Hey everyone this is Bomi she’s Chanyeol’s sister’s friend and Bomi settled herself comfortably between Baekhyun and Jongin with a big smile and said Hi! I’m Bomi, I already know all of your names, don’t worry. So, what are you drinking?

 

And Jongdae followed Bomi when the girl and her group of friends had a barbeque party at Naeun’s house and Chanyeol was there too because Chorong dragged him so he could be the one who did all the work instead of the girls, and Bomi showed up followed by Jongdae, Girls, meet Jongdae, he’s Chanyeol’s friend! He said he’ll help us grill the meat and Jongdae grinned Hello, I brought chips and of course it’s a lie when Bomi said Jongdae would help, it was all Chanyeol who ended up grilling the meat.  

 

At Kris’ party, somehow they ended up making everybody drunk and in the morning they had enough blackmail materials at their phones, one of them was Joonmyeon declaring his secret love for My Little Pony and there’s another video of Baekhyun, dressed up as a girl and seducing Kris.

 

At Naeun’s party, somehow they could rearrange everything in Naeun’s kitchen and bathroom, ketchup and sauce in the sink and the toothpaste was in the kitchen’s shelf, and the plates were not in the place and they were replaced by the glasses, and the two left before everybody else and Chanyeol and Chorong had to stay and help the poor girl relocate everything and put the things back to their place.

 

Horrible, horrible idea, it was, introducing Bomi to Jongdae.

 

***

 

“Are you two dating?” Chanyeol blurted out to the two.

 

They were hanging out in Joonmyeon’s room for a movie, Joonmyeon, Chorong, Chanyeol, Jongdae, Bomi, Baekhyun, and Eunji, Chorong’s and Bomi’s friend, and the two prankster were sitting next to each other in the sofa, whispering to each other suspiciously. Thanks to the two, the group of friends had expanded and now it’s a mix between Jongdae’s friends and Bomi’s friends when they hang out.

 

Bomi and Jongdae turned their heads to Chanyeol and Bomi smiled to Chanyeol and Chanyeol felt uneasy in his stomach.

 

Jongdae moved and patted the empty space between him and Bomi, “Come sit here, Chanyeollie,” he said, giving Chanyeol a cute smile because the tips of his lips always curved upward like a cat.

 

Chanyeol sat down between the two warily. “What?” he asked.

 

Bomi slung an arm around Chanyeol casually. “We were just talking.”

 

“Yeah?” Chanyeol was getting nervous.

 

Jongdae slung an arm around Chanyeol, his arm was above Bomi’s arm, “When are you going to tell me that you like Eunji?”

 

“W-What?” Chanyeol stuttered.   

 

“Ssshh,” Bomi rubbed Chanyeol’s arm reassuringly, “It’s okay, we know, we understand, you have our blessing, and we will help you.”

 

“W-what? B-but I didn’t say—”

 

“Ssshh, kid,” Jongdae place his index finger on Chanyeol’s lips to shut him up, “It’s okay, we know, we understand, you have our blessing, and we will, oh we will, help you.”

 

Jongdae grinned and Bomi grinned and Chanyeol gulped and they all turned their heads to Eunji, who was talking with Chorong and Baekhyun.  

 

“Hey Eunji!” Jongdae and Bomi called out together and the next moment Chanyeol found himself dragging Jongdae and Bomi out from Joonmyeon’s room, begging them to keep quiet about his feeling.

 

That’s how Jongdae and Bomi got themselves a new toy and that’s how Chanyeol learnt the hard way that Jongdae and Bomi combined was not a good idea.  

 

***

 

They never said that they’re dating, the two. And as far as the guys knew, they only seen side by side when there’s an occasion like a party or they simply hang out together, Jongdae and Bomi was never seen together alone and Joonmyeon and Chorong was thinking maybe they need to find someone else for both of the pranksters, someone who could be the leash instead of a booster.

 

And then without a warning, a year later Bomi said, Hey, I’m going to get married in three months and you’re all invited and almost all of them choked and sputtered and Joonmyeon asked With who?! because they never knew Bomi was dating anyone and Bomi just pointed to Jongdae That over there and Jongdae just looked up from his food and he nodded Yeah, give us a lot of gifts, okay? And the room was silence for the next five minutes minus the voice of Bomi and Jongdae munching on their food.

 

They never saw that coming, really, and Chanyeol secretly patted himself in the back for making them happened.

 

Maybe it wasn’t a horrible idea after all, letting Jongdae and Bomi met up that day.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No, it was still a horrible idea, Chanyeol learnt when years later he was bullied into babysitting Jongdae and Bomi’s kid while the two enjoyed their mini honeymoon and all Chanyeol had was Pororo in the TV and Uncle, uncle, I poop! Poop! Poop poop poop!

 

So yeah, it was still a horrible idea.

 


 

  • I finally posted Yuánfèn! If you haven't already, check it here~