Huh? What?

Springtime
  • Title: Huh? What?
  • Author: nicorobin @ AFF / Tumblr
  • Genre: fluff, humor/crack (?)
  • Length: 13xx words
  • Characters: Chanyeol, Kris, Bomi, Chorong
  • Pairing: Chanmi, Krisrong
  • Picture credit: iheartexopink @tumblr

 

“Huh?”

“What?”

 


 

 

When Bomi got a tap on her shoulder and she turned around, she didn’t expect to get her first kiss stolen from her just like that.

 

Likewise, when Chanyeol leaned down and kissed the girl, he didn’t expect to get punched and got his nose broken as the result.

 

***

 

Twenty minutes later and Chanyeol’s blurry vision slowly got clearer, showing Kris’, his best friend, curious look hovering over him. They’re at the infirmary now.  

 

“Ouch. OUCH. ,” Chanyeol cursed out loud when his nose started to throb and ache. “WHAT THE . What happened?!” he tried to get up but he’s a little bit dizzy, and the pain in his nose was no joke. He lifted an arm to touch his nose, but Kris beat him to it and grabbed his hand.

 

“Eeeh, maybe that’s not a smart move, Park,” Kris said, inspecting Chanyeol’s nose.

 

“What. Happened,” Chanyeol asked again, more stern and demanding an explanation.

 

“You kinda…,” Kris narrowed his eyes and rubbed his chin, “… had your nose broken?”

 

“WHAT,” Chanyeol jolted awake and he jumped in his seat in the infirmary’s bed.

 

Kris shrugged. “No one asked you to kiss the taekwondo girl.”

 

Chanyeol’s face went blank for a second as he registered what happened before. Then he remembered the dare he got to kiss the prettiest girl and Chanyeol didn’t think about it too much when Yoon Bomi walked pass them because he always though she’s cute so he just went I’ll show you guys who’s the man and tapped the girl on the shoulder and as soon as she turned around Chanyeol pecked her lips.

 

He remembered her widened eyes and a fist that came afterwards.

 

“It was just one freaking second! I didn’t even open my mouth! And she broke my nose?!” Chanyeol cried after realization came to him, trying to find a mirror from Kris’ bag (because he knew that narcissistic guy always carried one around). He looked at his reflection and horrified with what he saw. “My nose!”

 

Kris, uninterested with Chanyeol’s wail, snatched the mirror from Chanyeol and fixed his too-much-gel hair. “Like I said, no one asked you to kiss the taekwondo girl.” Kris was satisfied with what he saw, and he winked at his own reflection. Chanyeol looked at him with a disgusted expression.

 

They heard the sound of the door opened, and Kris from his seat could see two girls entering the infirmary. He quickly shoved his mirror back to his bag and hissed to Chanyeol, “Quick! Act like you’re in pain!”

 

“What?”

 

Kris looked at Chanyeol impatiently and pinched his arm.

 

“AUW!” Chanyeol shouted. “WHAT THE—?!” he glared at Kris.

 

The curtain that divided the infirmary room was pulled aside, and a head peeked over. “Um… Park Chanyeol?” Bomi called cautiously.

 

They never really talked before, but everybody at their school knew about Park Chanyeol and Kris Wu, the twin towers. They towered over 97% school’s population and they’re loud too, they often did rap battles randomly at lunch with their deep voices. And why the shorter from the two suddenly decided that kissing her was a good idea, Bomi was at lost. But seeing how Chanyeol’s broken nose bandaged and how his eyebrows furrowed in pained expression like now, she felt guilty (just a little bit, though, it was her first kiss after all).

 

“Is it hurt a lot?” Kris suddenly asked, full of fake concern.

 

Chanyeol quickly picked up Kris’ idea, trying to keep up with the act. “AAAH! It hurts so much!” he bended down and covered his nose.

 

“Ppfft, come on, it’s just a broken nose,” another girl showed up behind Bomi, scoffing as she looked down at Chanyeol.

 

“Hello there, babe, fancy seeing you here,” Kris pushed his hair back (in his attempt to look y) and winked at the girl. Kris had been openly harassing Chorong since the first day they met, which was the first day of school almost 2 years ago. Chorong rolled her eyes.

 

Just?” Chanyeol repeated, his already big eyes threatened to pop out anytime soon. “Have you ever had your nose broken, Park Chorong? It hurts A LOT, okay?!”

 

Chorong just flipped her hair nonchalantly.

 

Bomi stepped up and cringed when she saw the condition of Chanyeol’s nose from up close. “It does look bad… Sorry…”

 

“Well Yoon Bomi, I hope you take full responsibility and take care of my pal here,” Kris stood up, patting Chanyeol’s shoulder (a little too hard for Chanyeol’s liking, he wondered if Kris realized he had freakish HUGE hands). “Come on, midget, let’s leave the lovebirds alone,” he placed his arm casually around Chorong’s shoulder and dragged her away with him.

 

“Taking care of what, exactly, he’s FINE, and who do you call midget?!” Chorong yelled, “Kris Wu, let me go now or I’ll break your nose too!”

 

Even though they already walked away, Chanyeol and Bomi could still hear Kris’ answer, “Oooh, feisty, just the type that I like. Is that your kink, being dominant and torture me? Because, you know, I don’t mind, if you wear latex—”

 

“YAH KRIS WU YOU ERT!!!”

 

A minute passed as Chanyeol and Bomi tried to get over the image of Chorong and Kris together.

 

“So,” finally Bomi turned her attention back to Chanyeol. “Ugh. I’m sorry. Again. But… Seriously, what is wrong with you?! You don’t just… k-k-k-ki—,” she stuttered.

 

“Kiss,” Chanyeol helped.

 

“THAT! You can’t do that thing randomly to stranger , you know?!”

 

“We’re not strangers,” Chanyeol mumbled.

 

“STILL!”

 

“Look,” Chanyeol sighed, “I know I was wrong, I’m sorry… Honestly, I knew you would be angry, but I thought of a slap at most.”

 

“Um. It’s a reflex.”

 

“… What a great reflex…”

 

Bomi grinned sheepishly and sat at Chanyeol’s bed. “Now, can you tell me why you ki—,” she stopped, and Chanyeol looked at her, “Ki—,” she stopped again, Chanyeol looked at her with encouraging eyes, “Ki—,” she sighed and gave up, “Why did you do that?”

 

Chanyeol averted his gaze from Bomi and he almost rubbed his nose out of habit, but then he remembered about his broken nose in the last minute and raked his hair instead, suddenly feeling nervous. “… Well the guys gave me a dare…”

 

“… oh.”

 

“… to kiss the prettiest girl that I know…,” Chanyeol continued in a barely audible murmur.

 

“… huh?”

 

“What?”

 

“What?”

 

“What?”

 

“Wha—,” Bomi shook her head, “… you think I’m pretty?”

 

Chanyeol didn’t answer, only scratching the back of his head while avoiding Bomi’s eyes.

 

“Oh… Thank you… I guess,” Bomi said, blinking her eyes. She stared at Chanyeol who’s still determined to not look at her and said, “… Your nose… Do you want me to kiss it better?”

 

Chanyeol turned his head in a snap. “… huh?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“What?”

 

“What?”

 

“You said kiss—”

 

Before Chanyeol could finish his sentence, Bomi’s face was in front of him and he felt a soft, quick touch on his lips before Bomi backed away, her cheeks as red as the sunset.

 

Chanyeol looked at Bomi, still dumbfounded after the quick kiss. “If… you want to kiss my nose better… I’m pretty sure that’s not my nose you just kissed…”

 

“Um. Well. I guess I missed a couple centimeters?”

 

“Uh. Yes.”

 

“… I probably should go now,” Bomi abruptly stood up, feeling the embarrassment of her action just now.

 

“Yeah, you should go,” Chanyeol agreed and Bomi looked at him, hurt by his words.

 

“Oh wow that’s rude…,” Bomi mumbled.

 

“You should go… out with me.”

 

 “… huh?!”

 

“What?”

 

“What?”

 

“What?”

 

“Don’t you ‘what’ me, Park Chanyeol!” Bomi yelled, irritated, “You just said—”

 

“Well if you heard me what’s your answer Yoon Bomi, is it a yes or no?!” Chanyeol raised his voice too.

 

“YES, PARK CHANYEOL, YES!”

 

Both of them blinked.

 

Then Chanyeol smirked. “Wow, okay there, chill, Yoon Bomi, no need to be so excited to be my girlfriend.”

 

“SHUT UP!” Bomi reddened and slapped Chanyeol’s arm (which probably supposed to be a playful smack but Chanyeol wondered if he would have bruises tomorrow).

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(Truthfully, Chanyeol was kind of worried with his new life as Bomi’s boyfriend with her tendency towards violence, but maybe he could ask her to kiss him better later, so yeah, Chanyeol decided he could live with that).

 


 

  • Trying to write fluff again, kind off. Anyway, merry christmas if you celebrate it, and happy holiday all!
  • If you're a Closer, Closer reader and pissed off why I keep on updating Springtime instead of Closer, Closer... that's because I have a major writer's block...