Chapter 12

Never In A Million Years

 

"What is going on here?!??!?!?!?" the MC and judges suddenly entered the toilet. 

Taehyung stared at them, at Soojin, at Ahyoung, at Jungkook and suddenly smiled sheepishly.

"Ah ha ha ha ha... You see-" Taehyung tried to explain the sitaution.

"No. I don't want to hear it. Ahyoung? You've been the winner for the past few years! You are a role-model for the other contestants! I cannot believe this!" one of the judges said.

"And you," the MC pointed at Soojin. Soojin gulped nervously.

"Why are you on the floor?" the MC looked shocked. Before Soojin had a chance to explain, the MC continued, "Forget it, I don't want to hear all your explanations,"

"Please leave quietly, all of you. Make sure the other contestants don't notice you. Leave. QUIETLY." the judge raised her voice. Everyone flinched.

"NOW!" the judge shouted. Taehyung helped Soojin stand up and pulled her away. Jungkook whimpered and trudged out of the toilet.

Ahyoung avoided all eye contact with the judges and the MC. Ah, how embarrassing.

 

 

"So what are you going to tell your brother?" Taehyung chuckled as he took off his blazer and placed it over Soojin's shoulders.

Jungkook stood about 3 meters away from them. He clenched his fists. When were they so close? 

Without hesitation, Jungkook stormed towards Taehyung and said "Sorry hyung, I'll borrow your date for a little while," Jungkook grabbed Soojin's hand.

Taehyung looked confused, but still he replied, "Uh... Okay. You can give her your blazer instead-"

"Yeah yeah I know what I should do," Jungkook snapped. Taehyung raised an eyebrow. Okaaaayyy....

 

 

"Yah Jeon Jungkook what are you doing?!?!!?!?!" Soojin yanked her hand from Jungkook. "Gosh my wrist hurts now, face," Soojin looked at Jungkook in annoyance.

"I.... I just-" Jungkook felt agitated for no reason. Suddenly, he realized what he had done. He shouted at his best friend, and almost hurt his other best friend. 

"I... I'm sorry guys I just.... Ugh," Jungkook felt like he was going crazy all of a sudden.

"Jungkook! Wait for me!" Ahyoung suddenly appeared. She, too, looked really crazy.

"Are you.... Okay?" Soojin asked Jungkook softly, noticing that he wasn't really okay. 

"Jungkook?" Taehyung placed his hand on Jungkook's shoulder.

"Yeah, I need to go now...." Jungkook turned around and took Ahyoung's hand.

 

Soojin and Taehyung just watched in confusion. What's going on with Jungkook? 

"Come on let's get you home," Taehyung sighed and put his blazer over Soojin again.

"Taehyung-ah.... Do you think.... Jungkook likes Ahyoung?" Soojin looked at the ground. Somehow, she felt really disappointed when Jungkook held Ahyoung's hands so gently.

Taehyung sighed inwardly. "He obviously likes you, Soojin," Taehyung thought. Yes, he could be pretty dumb and dense at times, but at other times, he was the smarter one.

"I don't know, I don't care. Love fights can be so annoying at times...." Taehyung ruffled Soojin's hair.

"Let's go. I'm freezing without my blazer," Taehyung pushed Soojin as he called Seokjin.

 

"Oh hyung? Yeah uh... Something bad might have happened, do you wanna talk to Soojin?" Taehyung said in the call.

"Is she hurt? Let me speak to her!!!" Seokjin got really worried.

"Hello? Seokie? I'm really tired. Please don't sign me up for that stupid girly class," Soojin whined. Taehyung tried not to laugh.

"Haha, whatever. I'll see you at home okay? I'll even make you your favourite hot chocolate," Seokjin said.

"Okay. Try not to burn anything," Soojin snickered.

"Jungkook? You can let go now......" Ahyoung looked at Jungkook.

"Huh?" Jungkook was confused. One moment ago, Ahyoung was head-over-heels for him, and now she doesn't want to hold his hand anymore? Wow, seems like no one wants to hold his hand. Damn.

"You see, in the past 2 minutes, I've been thinking. I can tell how much you like her, Jungkook," Ahyoung laughed dryly.

"And here's the good news. Well, it's good news for you and bad news for me, but....." Ahyoung played with her fingers.

"But?" Jungkook curiously asked.

"I can tell she likes you too. I'm not sure if it's a huge crush or anything, but I'm pretty sure she's beginning to like you." Ahyoung was on the verge of tearing up.

"R-r-really?" Jungkook felt himself blushing.

"Well, that's what I think. Afterall, I am a girl with feelings. I can tell." Ahyoung tried to hide her eyes. 

"A-ah, I should go now. I think my father is looking for me," Ahyoung ran away before Jungkook could say anything. She didn't want to let him see her crying.

"Wait!!!" Jungkook chased after Ahyoung.

"I ALREADY TOLD YOU ABOUT SOOJIN'S FEELINGS, SO STOP FOLLOWING ME," Ahyoung started crying.

"CAN'T A FRIEND CARE ABOUT HIS FRIEND?" Jungkook shouted at Ahyoung. Ooh, friendzoned. 

"GIRLS AND BOYS CAN NEVER BE FRIENDS JUNGKOOK. ONE WILL ALWAYS FALL FOR THE OTHER," Ahyoung ran faster. Boy, she could run fast.

"Ahyoung!!!" Jungkook caught up with Ahyoung. He grabbed her arm.

"I'm sorry okay, I'm sorry that I can't return the feelings you have for me," Jungkook said genuinely, with guilt in his eyes.

"I'm sorry if I made you think I liked you more than a friend. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have led you on," Jungkook scratched the back of his head.

"I'm sorry too." Ahyoung suddenly said.

"For what?" Jungkook asked, feeling guilty that she was apologizing.

"Yolo?" Ahyoung whispered to herself.

"For this," Ahyoung wiped her tears and kissed Jungkook on his lips. Jungkook's eyes widened.

 

 

Somewhere further away, Soojin and Taehyung walked pass where Ahyoung and Jungkook were standing. Soojin looked at them and froze.

Taehyung looked at where she was looking. Oh god. He quickly stood infront of Soojin and blocked her view. 

"Pretend you didn't see that. Hurry, let's go before your brother burns your kitchen," Taehyung tried to make Soojin laugh.

"Geez, you make it sound like I'm jealous." Soojin punched Taehyung playfully and laughed, trying to ignore the weird icky feeling she felt.

 

 

Jungkook suddenly realized what Ahyoung was doing to him. He pushed her away with a little too much force. 

"What was that for??!?!??!?" Jungkook was pissed off.

"Aish, I said I was sorry!!!!" Ahyoung started crying again.

Jungkook wiped his lips with the sleeve of his blazer and groaned. His first kiss, taken away just like that.

"Sorry? You think a simple 'sorry' will fix this? What were you thinking? That I'd kiss you back?" Jungkook got really angry.

"WHAT DOES SHE HAVE THAT I DON'T? I CAN CHANGE FOR YOU, JUNGKOOK I-"

"AHYOUNG-SSI. WE JUST MET EACH OTHER A FEW WEEKS AGO. WE BARELY KNOW EACH OTHER. YOU DON'T ACTUALLY LIKE ME FOR WHO I AM. PLEASE, JUST.... JUST........ Just please, leave me alone."

"She doesn't even act like a female," Ahyoung wiped her tears and stared at the ground.

"You've crossed the line this time, Ahyoung. Don't ever think about calling me again. Goodbye." he glared at Ahyoung for one last time before storming off with the fiercest expression ever. Jungkook was really mad. He was more than just angry, beyond being pissed off. Jungkook wanted to tear his lips off and put them in the washing machine.

 

While Jungkook was frowning and speeding off, he saw Taehyung and Soojin ahead of him, Taehyung's arm around Soojin's shoulder.

Did they see Ahyoung kissing him? Can friends be so close?

Suddenly Ahyoung's voice played in Jungkook's head. "GIRLS AND BOYS CAN NEVER BE FRIENDS JUNGKOOK. ONE WILL ALWAYS FALL FOR THE OTHER,"

"Don't tell me..... Soojin likes Taehyung? Is that why she decided to make Taehyung her partner instead of Junhong?" Jungkook gasped.

"Eyyyy, it can't be." Jungkook whispered to himself. 

Ahyoung stared at Jungkook as he stormed off. "So you don't remember me, huh?" Ahyoung whispered as she forced a smile. "You don't remember the lonely girl you used to smile at everyday. Now you just look at her in disgust...." Ahyoung said to herself as she remembered her elementary school days.

AHYOUNG'S PAST (it's optional, I just wanted to write this to show that Ahyoung isn't exactly all that bad eheh):

Ahyoung used to be the lonely geeky girl in class who had braids in her hair and big round glasses. Back then, she wasn't called "Ahyoung", she was called "Yura". Her classmates would make fun of her for being a 'loser' and a 'nerd'. She used to be a cheerful girl, and no matter how much everyone shunned her, she didn't let them get to her, because of one boy. Jeon Jungkook. Jungkook, being the class president, was always nice to her. Although they didn't talk much, he always stopped the other kids from making fun of her, and he would also occasionally smile at her in class. 

But someone was always in her way. Kim Soojin. Although Soojin wasn't in the same class as Jungkook, they would always go to school together, have recess together (with Taehyung, of course) and go home together. Soojin, too, treated "Yura" well. Yura didn't want to be the awkward duck with the trio because they were almost inseparable, so she decided to go solo and not bother Jungkook, Soojin or Taehyung.

After elementary school, "Yura" thought it was time to change. She changed her name to "Ahyoung", simply because her favourite "friend", her Barbie doll, was called Ahyoung. She got cooler glasses and removed her braces. She let her hair down and made sure her school skirt was above her knees. Ahyoung's confidence level boosted, and she started to engage in conversations in class. She was well-liked. In Middle School, Ahyoung's popularity rose.

In High School, Ahyoung got contact lenses and had admirers. Almost every girl admired her beauty. Ahyoung started to get over-confident. She knew she was the Queen Bee. She formed a little trio and the three of them became the queenkas of the school. No matter how many confessions she got, Ahyoung would reject all of them for Jungkook. Yes, Jungkook, the little boy who had missing teeth in elementary school, the boy who always goes to school with the weirdest bed-hair, and the boy who was everyone's friend. When Ahyoung heard about Jungkook going for rap competitions, she decided to blend in with the crowd and take a look at what puberty did to him. Damn, puberty did a fine job.

After admiring Jungkook from afar, Ahyoung thought it was time to talk to him. But something wasn't right. Jungkook would always look in the crowd and point at that one specific girl as he rapped. Kim Soojin. Oh. Seeing how Soojin wasn't exactly the type of girl to dress up in skirts or anything y, Ahyoung thought she had a chance. A chance to maybe win Jungkook's heart. Well, that was how everything began.

"Yo Taehyung, thanks for today. I know it was kind of screwed up and all but.... Thanks pal." Soojin smiled at Taehyung.

"Nah, it was nothing." Taehyung awkwardly scratched his head.

"We should go out for a little smothie date some time. You know, you, me, and Jungkook. Just like the old times." Soojin nudged Taehyung's side.

"Hahahah, we should, eh? Now you should get in, I don't want to face Seokjin! Bye Jinnie!" Taehyung lightly hugged Soojin's shoulders and took his blazer off. Ah, Taehyung could be so sweet sometimes.

"Bye Tae-Tae!" Soojin smirked at the nickname. Taehyung rolled his eyes at her.

 

"So.... Care to tell me what happened?" Seokjin said as he handed Soojin a cup of hot chocolate.

"Ehehehe..... Seokie oppa you know I love you very much right?" Soojin tried to get on Seokjin's good side.

"Eyyy, forget it. I don't want to hear it. I'll deal with you later. Go take a bath you stinky-poo!" Seokjin playfully said.

"Heheh, oppa jjang!!!!" Soojin tried to do some aegyo.

"It's okay Soojin you don't have to do this, hahahaha" Seokjin laughed.

"I'm glad you understand my pain Seokie," Soojin joined Seokjin in laughter.

Knock knock.

"Oh? Jungkook? What're you doing here?" Seokjin opened the door.

"Just wanted to hang with Soojin," Jungkook shrugged his shoulders. He already took a bath and changed out of his suit.

"Ah. She's in her room. Be careful though, I think she's taking a bath." Seokjin nonchalantly said as his eyes were glued to a magazine he was reading.

"O-o-okay......" Jungkook blushed.

Jungkook walked to Soojin's room and knocked. "I'm coming in," Jungkook said.

When he got into the room, he could hear Soojin's iPod playing from the toilet.

"IF OUR LOOOOVE IS TRAGEDY WHY ARE YOU MY REMEDY??!??!" Soojin sang as she showered.

Jungkook tried to not burst out laughing.

"IF OUR LOOOOVE'S INSANITY WHY ARE YOU MY CLARITY???!?!" Soojin sang louder.

"PUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" Jungkook rolled on the floor, holding his stomach as he laughed.

"HOLY WHAT THE HELL TAEHYUNG IS THAT YOU?" Soojin screamed.

 


 

a little note for you lovely people;

hey friends!!!!!! 66 subscribers omG brb crying ;w;
 
 
sorry for the loooooong wait, i was busy with stuff in school and i didnt really have the time to write a new chapter. also, sorry i can't update daily anymore, i have homework and :-(
 
anyway i hope you all enjoyed this update!
 
 
 
dammit jeon jungkook your face and your dancing makes me cry
 
 
 
 
 
Thank you so much for reading and subscribing, please comment and tell me what you think about this story!!! :-) 
Stay awesome and have a great day guys!