They See Me Trollin', They Hatin'

⌈It's Just A Four Letter Word⌋

 



They See Me Trollin', They Hatin'
November 26th



 

"Ah~" A wistful sigh floated through the toasty air of the library. Clothed in simple jeans and a thin black and white striped sweater, the man sat by himself watched the fairy tale-like scene of couples leaving the premises hand in hand during the gentle flutter of snow. Resting his chin on his own up-propped hand, the young man thought of nothing more than how much he loved this time of year. He'd been like this for the best part of an hour now, just looking out of the window and getting his 'Winter Feels' on, as it was. He was supposed to be doing something important, but he couldn't remember exactly what it was.

"Kim JongDae Ssi." The assistant librarian spoke the malingering Music Major's name in monotone as she chucked a letter in front of him. Before he could thank the woman, she had already marched away with a stack of books in her arms.

Resting his forearms on the table, JongDae hummed in thought as he stared at the mail. If he had to take a guess, he'd say it was an irrefutable invitation to the Development Program. Hearing the main door squeak open, the man turned to inspect who could possibly be arriving at such an odd time.

Marching over with an obvious look of annoyance on his face, a brunet in a coffee coloured military jacket pointed accusingly. "I thought you said you were going to meet me by the reception."

The blank look on JongDae's face changed subtly. No one, not even his closest friends, were able to tell what this expression meant and he often made the most of that fact. "Argh..." He let out a low sigh and held his head in his hands. "I have some bad news for you, BaekHyunnie..." He kept his eyes down as he mumbled.

"What?" A wash of surprise covered the newly arrived man's expression, replacing the face that had been worked up by his irritation. "What is it? Tell me."

"I was given this and told to pass it on to you, I just didn't know how to break the news to you." Holding up the teal envelope, JongDae informed sorrowfully.

BaekHyun gasped in shock at the sight. Just before, when he had seen one of his other friends from the music department, they had shown him the infamous envelope. Expression instantly contorting, the slightly taller male reached out viciously in an attempt to take the dreaded thing.

JongDae pulled his arm back, making a woeful hiss. "What are you going to do?" He asked, his eyes wide and his mouth ajar as he watched his friend's muscles twitch in uncertainty. "Maybe we should get you out of the country." Holding the letter behind his back, the seated male his company's forearm and fluttered his lashes mockingly. "Don't worry, Baek," JongDae nodded as if to console, "you can be my date over Christmas." Ending with a camp wink did nothing but send the other male into a fit.

BaekHyun didn't find it funny at all. Stamping his foot once and slapping the hard wooden worktop in front of his classmate, the pouting brunet scoffed. Wrinkling his nose, the standing male opened his mouth wide to shout but was cut off when his supposed friend tapped him on the hip three times with the all-important item.

JongDae held his finger to his mouth, gesturing to be quiet as a cheesy grin stretched across his lips. "This is a library: you have to be quiet." The slightly younger man couldn't hold it in any more. JongDae’s facade crumbled and his chuckling turned to full-on cackling. "I'm just messing with you; it's for me." He turned the letter around so BaekHyun could see the name printed on the front.

"Yah, Kim JongDae!" With a hefty thud, the trolled man reached over the table and punched his friend on the top of the arm. “Are you trying to off me?”

Rubbing the throbbing spot vigorously with his face twisted between a smirk and a wince, JongDae pushed himself out of the uncomfortable wooden seat. "But really, with this, what am I going to do about a date over Christmas." More than anything, having some kind of romance over the holiday season seemed to be the forerunner on his list of priorities.

Lowering his tone and puckering his lips to emphasize his words, BaekHyun wobbled his head. Sneering like some kind of thug, he shoved the smaller man in jest. "Even if it weren't for your vacation, nobody would date you."

And that is how two twenty one year olds got to scrapping in the middle of a library like a pair of preteens.

 



Updated: 29th December 2018 - 19:29