Walk of Shame

⌈It's Just A Four Letter Word⌋

 



Walk of Shame
28th November



 

A bitter chill brushed against the woman's neck and the next thing she knew, her right eyelid fluttered open. Scanning the space as she remained still on her side, the blonde realised that she was not in her room. Not to panic; this has happened before. Trawling back through her memories of the prior night, InHyeon tried to piece together what had happened. After finishing her cigarette, she'd gone back inside to wish ChanYeol a happy birthday, which had led to taking part in the body-shots with some of the others. She'd danced and conversed for a little longer than she'd planned and then…And then...

Rolling over as she tried to think, the answer slapped her right in the face. In the bed beside her was a body; a pair of bare broad shoulders which didn’t seem to fit the slender back they were attached to, and a head of terribly messed up bleach blond hair.

Oh .

The milky skin marred with contrasting scratch marks brought the inevitable truth flooding back. Turning back away, InHyeon curled up into a ball and mentally berated herself. Refraining from flailing - like she would have usually done in this situation if not for the fact she was literally stranded in a prison with her partner in crime - the blonde puckered her lips and breathed in sharply to calm herself. Burning eyes darted around the space in search of her clothes before she eased herself up out of the boy's bed with care. Not waking her night's conquest was of the utmost importance. And so, when she stubbed her toe on the nightstand, all the woman could do was glower up at the ceiling with bulging eyes and a silent scream. ‘I’m firing ma lasers’ shot through her mind and her own pasty skin almost blistered red at the force she was exhorting to keep herself together.

Dashing around the room like a ninja on a stealth mission, InHyeon collected her belongings as if she was playing a hidden item game on a timer. Shoving her bra and sheer blouse in her bag, the woman slipped her trousers on with her other hand. She looked around frantically. Where the were her ? Feeling the unease building to the point it was physically making her itch, the woman forgot the item. Putting her jacket on with nothing underneath, the blonde grabbed her shoes and hurried to the door. Unclicking the latch caused the sleeping boy to stir amongst the strewn white sheets. InHyeon paused in the doorway and looked over the sight – the fright must have shaved a good few years off her lifespan. Scrunching her face to rid herself of any kind of pity she felt could be there, the sport science major s backwards around the door and closed it behind her. Easing the lock onto the latch, she finally breathed a sigh of relief at the successful escape.

"Goooood morning!~"

Almost jumping out of her skin, the blonde snapped around ready to fight the speaker. "Be quiet!" She hissed vehemently, her arms scrambling to catch her falling belongings.

Sat smugly on the sofa with a cup of coffee in his hands, MinSeok smirked at his friend. "Trying to run away without saying anything is bad."

"What do you want me to do, make him breakfast in bed?"

"Who am I to say?" The older man's condescending tone grated on the woman stood with one hand on her holding her stuff, the other keeping her coat shut over her chest. She knew MinSeok wanted to say something. She also knew what it was, but she didn't want to hear it. Not from him, not from SeHun, and not from her head-voice. Nobody. She would go the whole next eight weeks ignoring every single person she happened upon if she had to.

"See you around." Shrugging her bag into a better position, the woman made for the main door.

Just as his friend opened the door, MinSeok told, his tone flat. "You're not going to be able to run away from this one."

"Mind your own business.” Flipping him off with her faced pulled into an expression of mockery, InHyeon left the Boys' Dorm and closed the door behind her.


Back at the Girl's Dorm, OkCha and JangMi sat side by side at the breakfast table. Leaning forward with their arms stretched out and their heads atop of them, the two women had a conversation of groans. Used to the party lifestyle, Ria and KiSe had already showered and changed into clean clothes despite being the last to go to sleep. The two redheads sat on either end of the couch while EunAh took up the one parallel to them. The eldest female present sprawled out with her forearm covering her eyes and every so often, she'd let out a brief whimper of self-pity for the body-ache and acid burn in her gullet.

Sipping the hot tea from the cup in her hand, KiSe hummed in contentment. "Last night was…an eventful experience."

"Hoe." Ria snorted as she flicked through a fashion magazine without looking up.

Comically appalled, the older woman turned her head with the corner of her lip raised. "You can say nothing. Nothing."

"I didn't screw the enemy."

"I was..." KiSe trailed off when her brain didn't work as fast as . "I was...finding out what he was up to."

"With his ." EunAh gurgled and JangMi yacked when she got the mental image, which in turn set Ria off laughing.

"I really don't want to think about our Head of House's , thank you." OkCha shuddered.

"Why not?" KiSe jumped on the comment, half offended-half enthusiastic about the topic. "It was good."

"The thought, or the feeling?" Ria peered up to look at her year mate.

Fed up with being dragged, the psychology major huffed with conviction. "Both."

"Personally..." JangMi sat up and held her head in her hand. "I think InHyeon is worse. She stayed out all night."

"Did anyone see who she left with?"

Lifting her arm off her face to see the pair across from her, EunAh questioned. "What makes you think she left with anyone?"

Confused that anyone had to ask such a question, KiSe frowned. "Because it's InHyeon."

"What if she didn't?" OkCha gasped when a sudden bad feeling washed over her. "What if that Senior got her."

“Then she’s probably burying the body, not being the one decomposing.” The tallest told and leaned a little to her left to check out the snazzy formal gowns Ria was scanning.


The blonde whom was being talked about by her female peers shuffled along warily. It was ing freezing and she was almost positive that her s may just poke right through the dark chocolate coloured leather jacket. Taking a deep breath and exhaling it sharply, the woman paused halfway down an open cloistered corridor to take a cigarette from her bag. She had no idea where she was, only that she could see it had stopped snowing through the open archways which led out into a desolate courtyard she hadn’t seen the day before.

"You look half decent, considering..."

Not humouring her tormentor, InHyeon sparked the end of her vice. "Considering what?"

"Considering that you’re doing your little walk of shame." YiFan spoke from his perch on the hip height wall.

Head still down while trying to light the end of the white stick hanging from her chapped lips, the sport science major glowered up at the tall man sitting with one leg either side of the cloistered wall leading out into the courtyard. "Are you stalking me, Brows?"

"Don't flatter yourself." Turning his nose up, the tall man glowered down on the woman. "And my name isn't Brows. It's Wu YiFan."

"It wasn't self-flattery, I was damning my God-awful luck. Or rather," Sneering out a bloom of smoke, the blonde looked her company up and down, completely ignoring the shabby introduction. "lack of."

Pretending to be hurt, YiFan wagged his finger. "You should be a little more polite to your Seniors."

She flipped him off and started walking again. "Don't come near me, and then I won't have to talk to you."

Standing up properly, the Senior followed the woman. "You may have been the one to run things back at your old school, but this place is different."

Halting and looking up at the man towering over her, InHyeon dropped the hostility. "Can I tell you something?"

Surprised by the light tone, YiFan nodded once. "Go ahead."

Brows creased and teeth bared, the blonde prodded her company in the chest. "Go yourself with something hard and sandpaper-y."

Laughing off the reaction, the older male rolled his eyes. "You're so charming."

"That's what all the boys say."

Putting his hands in his pockets, YiFan nodded to himself. "The boys you've met so far are nothing like me."

"They also say that."

Irked by not getting the reaction he was after, the man snapped. Shoving the girl aside and into the wall, YiFan slammed his hand beside the blonde's head and scoffed. "I'll-"

Fighting back the shock she was sure was forcing itself upon her expression, InHyeon held onto her tough act. "You'll what?" She elongated her neck and put her face closer to his in challenge.

"Stop it, now." A newcomer interrupted and the pair locked in confrontation halted their spat. "Picking on the new students is forbidden." A brunet a little shorter than the woman stood with his hands folded behind his back.

"Picking on me?" The blonde rolled her eyes with a click of her tongue. "This guy couldn't pick an apple from a in’ tree." She rammed her hand into her opposition's chest to push him away and make room for herself.

Still standing with her hands clasped behind his back, the interference cleared his throat. "Seonbaenim, I think you should go and attend to your own business." He glanced off in the mentioned direction and YiFan took a willing step back from the woman.

Running a hand over his hair, the Senior shrugged. "I'm done here, anyway." Sparing the female a final look down his nose, YiFan huffed with the hint of a smirk. With that said, the man set off walking down the semi-open corridor with his hands in his trouser pockets.

Keeping his eyes on the trouble student, the brunet spoke flatly. "That’s good to hear."

InHyeon waited until the problematic man was out of sight before turning to the guy she'd never seen before. "We got a badass over here." Her tone was light, and clearly condescending, but the odd expression on the newcomer’s face didn’t falter at all.

Taking a few steps closer but stopping at a substantial distance, the interference noted as if he was reciting from the University's Code of Ethics. "What he was doing is against the rules."

Glancing up, the blonde shook her head in dismay. "You sound like my brother."

"You must be proud you have such a moral and upstanding sibling."

‘Are you taking the piss, mate?’ was the first thing to run through her mind. Leaning back against the wall, the woman put her vice to her lips. "His preaching gets on my nerves, actually."

Swallowing hard, the newcomer blinked. InHyeon was sure she saw his nose twitch like an animal registering a new scent. "I don't think you should wander around on your own at the minute."

Already guessing what was about to be said, the blonde wobbled her head mockingly. "And why's that; because it gets dark quickly, and there are bad men around, and I'm a fragile little weed?"

Expression neutral, the brunet just stared at the Temp student for a moment. He sniffled and cocked his head a little to the side, as if he had resolutely decided on something before deadpanning. "No, because you're ovulating."

Instinctively, InHyeon recoiled at the bizarre remark. Gawking, the blonde coughed a laugh. "What the ?"

Brows pinched ever so slightly, the man tilted his head. "It really is troublesome."

Scoffing a flabbergasted sound, InHyeon gawped at her seemingly oblivious company's remark "Well, excuse me."

"You're excused."

Opening to say something but being too gobsmacked to form a witty retort, the blonde shook her head madly and walked away. "Weirdo."


Almost ripping the bedroom door off its hinge, SeHun bound into the common room as he pulled a sweater over his head.

"What's wrong?" MinSeok asked. He already knew fine well what the issue was, but he couldn't very well say, 'Sorry, brah; she left yo' at the crack of dawn. Don't even bother looking for her'. Well, he could, but he was more interested in how the situation was going to play out without too much interference.

Startled back to reality by his Senior, the blond stopped in his tracks with his top half on, his belt left unfastened and only one shoe on. Eyes wide, the youngest flapped his mouth for something to say. "I need to go out."

Eyes down on the morning newspaper, MinSeok warned lightly. "Don't chase her."

The blond froze. "What?"

"You'll make it worse." The older male told as he flicked the page.

Throwing his bag down and stomping his foot, the Maknae cracked. "How can it be worth than it already is?!"

Surprised by the outburst, MinSeok narrowed his eyes in suspicion. "What happened?"

Gritting his teeth, the blond turned away. Heat rushing to his face, SeHun tried to swallow down the dryness hindering him. "I said yes to her."

"Well, she isn't the type to anyone, despite how she looks."

"No, Hyung..." The younger male faced back around with an expression of worry.

Irritated by not being able to understand, MinSeok chucked his paper aside. Arms flapping. he raised his voice. "What are you saying? Use your words!"

Awoken by the noise, another man joined the group. Coming out of his bedroom with his hair askew, in just his underwear and array of different coloured lipsticks prints marking his torso, BaekHyun rubbed his face with a yawn. "Hyung, are you in denial?" He asked the eldest only to be repaid with a confused stare. Shaking his head, the music major put his finger in his mouth and made a popping sound.

Throwing his shoe at the older man that had ratted him out - and missing completely - SeHun screeched at his intended victim. "How the Hell did you know?!"

"W-w..." Lashes fluttering, the eldest tilted his head as the words or rather, action, began to register.

"Ah, good. He gets it now." Throwing his hands up in a drained celebration, BaekHyun shuffled over to the fridge.

A mix of understanding and sympathy masked MinSeok's features as he glanced back to the shamed blond standing around like a lost soul. SeHun often looked somewhere between being pissed off with peasants and blissfully ignorant towards things which didn’t concern him – something MinSeok had found in the small amount of time since they’d met – but right now, his fair skin was a ghastly pallor and it looked like his very being was trying to decide whether to hurl, cry, or turn Super Seiyan and destroy everything in his path.

Straightening up with a bottle of energy drink in his hand, BaekHyun locked his line of sight with the blond. "You were like dog without a bone. You always have been." Anger started to spread on the Maknae's face at the older man's words, but the music major didn’t notice as he continued. "And then when we got back, ChanYeol and I heard it. All-of-it~" The brunet snorted at the flush of embarrassment totally taking over his junior's face.

"Right, enough." MinSeok put his cup down on the coffee table and stood up to try and find a solution to the bad situation. "This isn't funny."

"Oh, yes, it is." Finding the whole thing more hilarious by the second, BaekHyun began cackling. The shorter brunet a few times and then jittered as he mocked mewling and sounds

Picking up JunMyeon's slab-like Law textbook off the bookcase beside him, SeHun lobbed it at the man making him feel even worse. Only this time, he didn't miss. With a hefty thud, the book smashed into the side of the heckler's head.

Just as the weapon connected, ChanYeol had shuffled out of his room to witness the attack. Startled by the out of character abuse, the tallest stepped out of the firing range with his hands up in defence and a warble. "Wha-" He eyed his room mate hunched over, holding his head and growling in pain.

MinSeok jumped out in front of the panting SeHun in case the youngest wanted to take another shot just as the main door opened. Panicked and confused by the scene, JunMyeon cried out. "What the Hell's going on in here?"

Hissing, BaekHyun slammed his drink down on the counter and staggered. "Your sister's a hoe, and that bleached laundry line prop over there wants a refund for his cherry." He snarled with a wince at the blinding throb covering the entire left side of his head.

"What?" JunMyeon snapped angrily at the music major.

Trying to duck past MinSeok, SeHun shouted while pointing at the man he'd assaulted. "Don't call her that."

Temporarily forgetting his pain to force a bitter laugh, BaekHyun contorted his face at his junior's naivety. "You actually care about her, don't you? Are you out of your mind?" Nodding upwards and pointing off, the brunet barked. “You were just something to waste her time on, can you not even see that?”

Still trying to get past the eldest, the blond thrashed like a crazy person. "Next time, it will be the paperweight!" He snatched the solid bronze item off the bookcase and shook it in threat.

JunMyeon blinked at MinSeok who was holding back the irate teen with little trouble. "Do I even want to know?" The side-glance he'd received told him definitely not.

 



Updated: 4th January 2019 - 22:16