Spilt Coffee Started It All

⌈It's Just A Four Letter Word⌋

 



Spilt Coffee Started It All
November 27th



 

The following day: Saturday - South End of the main building...

Over the numerous shots and truth telling, the girls had bonded somewhat; alcohol and several hours of harmless gossiping seems to do that to people.

Casually strolling across the small courtyard and towards the West side of the grounds, the newly arrived females conversed over nothing in particular other than how straining each of their courses were back at JeonSang, and the general life problems of females their ages. The six women had more in common than they thought and it was quite evident to anyone who knew of their general backgrounds, but not to the girls themselves until this point. Little did they know, they’d get a whole lot closer and further away over the coming weeks.


 

West End of the main building...

The boys had grabbed lunch from the main dining hall - high class meals that were, to all their surprise, free with a pass they’d been gifted. That had taken to sitting out on the patio surrounded by outdoor heaters when the foreigner started up a new topic.

"About last night-" YiXing repeated airily - he could still taste the alcohol on his breath even after brushing his teeth twice and gurgling ChanYeol's bleach-like mouthwash.

"We're never going to speak of it ever again." JunMyeon told as he leaned forward and held his stomach.

Shovelling down the scrambled egg and smoked salmon bagels on his plate, ChanYeol mumbled, still half asleep. "Hyung, it wasn't that bad."

“It just shows how bad life can so quickly become when you hang around my sister.” The unspoken leader stared into his coffee cup with the intention for trying to block out the memories imprinted in his brain. "Why would teachers give us alcohol?"

Grinning from ear to ear - and mostly unaffected by a hangover, MinSeok stretched. "I knew there was a good reason for going to Uni."

JunMyeon send a sideways glower to the eldest who spent the most time with his sibling. “You prove my point.” Picking up his drink, the leader tried to comprehend how the eldest was completely fine. “You’re both inhuman.”

“It wasn’t that bad.” MinSeok grinned as he stirred a sachet of sugar into his second Grande cinnamon spiced latte in the last hour.

The business major put his glass down and turned away to breath in some fresh air. "Please stop, I think I'm going to hurl." He held his hands tighter over his stomach and closed his eyes in hopes that the nausea would pass quickly.

Nibbling on a slice of French toast, YiXing stared off, wondering how to spend the rest of his day. "Go queue up with SeHun and JongIn. You can be the three stooges of puking."

"Urgh, really." The leader of the men shot up and tried to turn around but instead of being able to escape, he crashed into a wall. "Sor-" JunMyeon's eyes landed on the dark patch now spreading across the chest in front of him; the spilt black coffee seeping across the stark white cloth.

The owner of said stain towered over the perpetrator. "You just ruined my shirt." His voice was gravelly as he looked down at the mess and then to the man who'd caused it.

Trying to ease the pissed off expression off the newly appeared student, BaekHyun called over. "It comes out with Vanish. Just rub it in and wai-"

"Be quiet." The blond student who was even taller than ChanYeol snapped and went back to glowering at JunMyeon. "You're the group that arrived last night, aren't you?"

"Yeah, we're students of JeonSang." It now came to the JeonSang student’s attention that two of the three Gangwon men were freakishly tall, and even the shortest was almost six foot.

"Never heard of it - but that doesn't matter." Clicking his tongue off his teeth, the owner of the once white shirt gave up on trying to wipe the stain with an irritated huff. "What are you going to do about this mess?"

Swallowing back the lump in his throat, JunMyeon answered wearily. "It was an accident; I'll pay for the shirt."

The taller male scoffed and rolled his eyes as if he'd heard a bad joke. "And what about the embarrassment you've caused me?"

Unsure of what was going on, JongDae eyed the men he was with. "There's only us around." He hoped his statement would do the trick.

"Can't you forgive him already?" BaekHyun tried to help without actually getting involved.

Knocking his -face up to eleven, the resident rested his hand on his hip. "No, I think he should apologize properly."

Upon hearing his accidental victim's words, JunMyeon bowed again, this time almost folding in half with his words of sorry.

"Is that it?" The tall blond questioned and everyone knew what was being implied.

MinSeok placed his cup of coffee down and stood up, feeling the tension building. "You want him to get on his hands and knees over a shirt?" He asked, appalled by what was happening.

Ignoring the others trying to fix the situation, the tall blond kept his eyes on the man who was at fault. "Are you not man enough to accept responsibility?"

Feeling his heartbeat pound in his ears and his palms begin to sweat, JunMyeon swallowed back his pride. Taking an unsteady breath as thoughts rushed through his head and his stomach churned from both sickness and adrenaline, the brunet lowered his eyes. Gritting his teeth, the shorter male hunched down ready to accept the shame. Not even making it half way down, he was viciously yanked right back up by his hood and spun around. Pirouetting around, he flew out to right and bounced into a low hedge.

Fury covering her face, the blonde shoved her sibling back viciously. "What the are you doing?"

JunMyeon opened his mouth to speak. "I-"

"I don’t care." The blonde’s face scrunched as she pointed at him with eyes narrowed and shoulders tense.

Brows furrowed, the man trying to intimidate the temporary student cut in. "And you are?"

Glaring over her shoulder, the newly appeared female looked the stranger up and down with disgust. "Shut up, you." InHyeon turned back to her brother and whacked him across the chest. "What the Hell is wrong with you? Don’t ever lower yourself to anyone.” She smacked again him with a bark. “What happened?” Her heavily made up eyes went from her sibling and to the rest of her peers, and then back again.

ChanYeol got up and rounded the bench to explain. " JunMyeon Hyung spilt coffee on him,” their own giant gestured to the Gangwon student with an incline of his head “by accident and-"

Snapping to her friend, the blonde glowered. "And you think that's reason enough for him to degrade himself?" Before the music major could answer, the woman was interrupted by the stranger.

Clearing his throat like they were wasting his precious time, the Gangwon student spoke up. "Can't you see we're having a discussion between men?"

Sniffling sharply, the blonde slowly turned around to face the much taller male whom was waiting with his arms akimbo. Frame tense, her made up expression twitched. Lips pinched down at the corners, her eyes zeroed in on the speaker. “Hold up-”

"-I'm your senior." He told as if it would make a difference to the female. Reaching out for his own interruption, the stranger grumbled as he tried to halt her.

“I don't give a ." Smacking away the hand reaching for her, the woman hacked a scoff. "You're getting on my nerves." Her volume lowered and the natural husk she hid in an attempt to seem agreeable surfaced. Spinning around, she jutted her chin up and clicked her tongue off of her teeth. Groaning, the sports major flung her thumb over her shoulder. “Take a number.” She immediately returned her attention to her sibling.

"Listen here," the Gangwon student reached out again and grabbed the blonde by her shoulder. Instinctively, she tried to swat her arm away. Catching the flailing limb, the senior held the woman tightly by her wrist. Expression still unfaltering, the male half of the pair elongated his neck towards the troublesome woman’s face. "That won't fly around here."

Staring up, the female a head shorter bared her teeth with a whisper. "You should really let go.”

"Really-"

The woman thrashed her head forward into the blond's face. As soon as his knees hit the flagged flooring, she twisted around as she kept a grip on the arm holding her. Eyes welded on the attacker of her brother, InHyeon swung her foot into the man’s ribs. "Don't talk like you know me, 'Brows’.” Shrugging her hand free from the staggering senior, InHyeon coughed a laugh. “You ain’t never met a as crazy as me."

Caught by his friends, the bully checked his face for any sign of blood. "Who do you think you are?"

Pointing dramatically, one hand on her hip, the other arm fully outstretched towards her victim, the blonde yelled like she was giving a speech. "I'm Kim InHyeon, and the next time you try any weird with my brother, or my peers, I'mma put you on your hands and knees." Gripping JunMyeon by the fabric covering his shoulder, the slightly taller female dragged her sibling up out of the bush hedge. Ignoring the fact she was choking him, and the looks she was getting from the regular students that had spilled out into the yard at the shouting, she dragged him to his feet. Shooting her opposition a glare, the blonde ragged her sibling away from the scene.

Watching the Temporary students scurry away, the tallest remained fuming. Leaning against the wall with one leg crossed over the other, the shortest of the trio sung. "You should have seen that coming."

Instantly scowling at the man beside him, the tallest sneered. "I would of, but she didn't even think about it." Waving his free hand as he held a handkerchief to his nose with the other, the tallest thrashed in anger.

Eye-smile brightening his face, the apparent youngest almost skipped with glee. "It looks like we've got some interesting Temps this year."

"I'm glad to know you're so excited."

Doe-eyed, the man with the mousy blond hair flapped his hand a little. "Don't be so pouty; it’s not like it hurt you."

"Is that supposed to be a joke?" Taking the cloth away from the middle of his face, the man whom had been attacked pointed to his bust lip and bleeding nose. “It did hurt; she smashed me in the nose with her face!”

"Forgive me." Chuckling, the shortest of the tall trio covered his mouth with his hand. "But really..." His tone changed and the atmosphere dropped. His innocent doe eyes narrowed as he fixed the creases on his own shirt. "Don't take this any further, YiFan."

The assaulted man held his head down, checking if the bleeding had stopped. Tapping around his nose and upper lip, the tallest grumbled past the cloth plastered over his lower face. "Why are you so bothered about them?"

Straightening the cuffs of his sleeves, the shortest warned. "I'm just telling you it'll be a bad idea if you pick a fight with them."

"Because of that silly ?"

The shortest blonde came to a halt and patted his hand over the tallest’s chin. "Because we're not the only ones who saw what happened." Pulling back, the pretty male held his hands up and took a deep breath. “Don’t make me choose between writing their end of year references, and your eulogy.”

"What?"

Seriousness dropping from his expression, the sweet looking blond reattached his grin. "Just behave and you'll have nothing to worry about." Holding his hand out in a lazy wave, the slender male walked inside through a side door.


 

A few minutes had passed since the group of JeonSang students had gotten out of view from the permanent students. Having their energy drained already, the group from shuffled along in dismay. Wandering through the scenic grounds caped in snow, the group had found themselves in an enclosed courtyard reminiscent of the gardens of the Versailles Palace. They'd not even been on the premises twenty four hours yet and they'd already made an enemy. Coming here was supposed to be a fresh start for all of them and now, for JunMyeon at least, it was just the same as being back at home.

Stopping and spinning around in a tantrum, JeonSang's Number One pointed an accusing finger at his sister when he couldn’t hold it in any more. "Did you not read the rules on the back of your door?"

Also pausing, the blonde questioned with little interest. "What rules?"

"They were mentioned in the letter."

"What letter?"

Running his hand over his face, JunMyeon tried to remain stern. "You can just go around hitting people."

"Why not?" InHyeon asked as she lit a cigarette.

Jaw askew and tongue pressing against the inside of his lower teeth, the brunet stomped his feet in the snow like a child throwing a fit. "Are you doing this on purpose?"

Flicking the ash off of her vice, the female rolled her neck in disinterest. "Don't act like you have some sort of superiority over me when you were just about to grovel to someone you just met."

"That has nothing to do with it!"

"Don't shout at me!" The blonde barked right back, making it even harder for the others loitering a few yards away not to stare over at the spat.

Tearing her eyes from the sibling argument, the tallest female directed her attention to the others she was stood with. "Why didn't you even try to stop him?" KiSe punched ChanYeol in the arm and the taller boy yelped at the sudden dig.

Poking out his lower lip as he rubbed the abused spot, the music major whined. "You know I couldn't do that."

It was true. No one should have got involved with an argument like that, one concerning pride and responsibility, but JunMyeon would have never stood up for himself in that kind of situation, either. If anything, it was a miracle that InHyeon had arrived when she did or else the Number One would have had a lot more on his plate than just another sibling spat.

"What actually happened?" Ria asked the men as she hoisted herself up onto the low brick wall.

Taking a seat on the stone bench a couple of feet away, BaekHyun blew hot air into his clasped hands. "Hyung rushed to get up because he thought he was going to throw up but he ended up spilling that guy's coffee on him."

"That guy is Wu YiFan, and your senior, Byun BaekHyun. A friendly reminder that you should address him as such next time you think he's out of earshot."

The JeonSang students snapped to attention at the sound of the unfamiliar voice. Stood waiting with his hands neatly clasped behind his back, the shortest of the three men who had also been involved in the altercation smiled. Unlike his friends, the baby-faced male whom was not the youngest, but in fact the oldest, bowed his head politely and took a couple of steps towards the temporary students.

"My name is Lu Han." His smile was warm and seemed genuine enough. "I'm sorry about my friend's behavior; he sometimes gets a bit cranky."

Horror crossed OkCha's face at the comment. "That was cranky?"

Lu Han's eyes landed on the female with ombre locks and he titled his head to the side a little. "Ah, well...We're all under a lot of pressure at the minute."

"I'm not surprised if that's the way he behaves." Stretching her arms above her head, Ria stated what was on her mind. "I've seen people during addiction withdrawal with more of a handle on their temper. But then again," She glanced to the leather covering the back of the blonde female pacing some yards away and then looked to the stranger. "I've met some with worse, too."

Holding his hands in front of himself, Lu Han grinned with his eyes closed. "As your Head of House, please allow me the opportunity to set things straight."

The crunch of snow under heeled boots made way for the rough tone of the easily angered blonde. "Sorry for interrupting your peace offering, but I don't think it's going to be that simple." Taking a drag of her cigarette, InHyeon eyed the messenger. "Guys like your friend don't 'just apologize' after something like that and then ‘let it go’."

"See for yourselves tonight." Giving a soft smile that completely took over his delicate features, Lu Han inclined his head once again. "7:30 at The Hunter." With that said, the Senior left the group.

"Yeah, of course..." InHyeon tutted and rolled her eyes until she noticed all of her fellow JeonSang student's eyes on her. "What?" She glanced to each of her peers with confusion.

KiSe lightly slapped the older girl across the back of the head. "You had to pick a fight with someone who's friends with our Head of House."

Mouth open in shock, the eldest female wobbled her head mockingly. "My freakin’ bad."

Holding his head in his hands, ChanYeol whimpered as he dropped on to the bench beside BaekHyun. "My birthday is ruined."

InHyeon passed on the smack from KiSe. "Man up, Yeol."

Temporarily losing his composure, the music major growled. "Have you ever thought that maybe you're just too aggressive?"

Puckering her lips, the blonde wandered away, kicking her legs out like a fool as she hovered. "It's never crossed my mind."

JangMi sent a serious look to the trouble maker. "I think you should take a time out."

"Screw you~" Was sung back, but she continued to walk away all the same.

Rubbing his hands together with his shoulders hunched, YiXing jumped a little on the spot. "So, are we going to go out tonight?"

Pulling his hood up, MinSeok wiggled between JunMyeon and KiSe for warmth. "We have to; it's ChanYeol's birthday."

"Ah, Happy Birthday,” EunAh bowed her head twice in quick succession at the birthday boy. Those who hadn't known of the special event joined in with the well wishes. “O-Oppa..?” ChanYeol grinned as if he’d completely forgotten the mess when the women unloaded a wave of birthday greetings.

"I think we should go." Suddenly stopping his half-assed jumping, YiXing thought aloud. "Lu Han, or whatever, seemed okay."

Letting his head fall onto ChanYeol's shoulder, BaekHyun scrunched his face in puzzlement. "I want to know how he knew my name."

Fastening the buttons of the cream cardigan lined around the neck with short, fluffy fur, Ria didn't look up as she spoke. "Maybe you caught his eye on Grindr."

his lips with his brow quirked, the music major cooed. "Oooh~ I hope so."

MinSeok shook his head at the joking reply and took his phone from his pocket. "He said 7:30, so what are we going to do until then?"

"SNOW ANGELS!" KiSe lost it and threw herself on the floor like she'd been waiting for the opportunity to do so all morning.


 



Updated: 4th January 2019 - 19:02



A.N: This is a public cry for help. How the f*** do you Romanize Suho’s real name: JunMyun? JunMyeon? JoonMyun? JoonMyeon? Honestly, I have never had so much trouble with a Korean name before. I’m just going to start calling him ‘Black Bean Noodle’ soon. Good Gods.
I’ll be using JunMyeon until somebody tells me they hate that spelling of it.