Chapter 8 --- The Invitation

GoodBye My Prince [ Hiatus]

The next day, everyone woke up early. They all ate breakfast together, went to bath and started working. Even Yoo Chun and Shin Hye helped. Yoo Chun is the head of the materials like chairs, tables, sound system and etc. while Shin Hye is assigned to the decorations of the whole castle. By the afternoon almost half of the castle are already decorated and Yoo Chun already put the complete chairs and tables to the Ball Room. Shin Hye sent out the invitation to her guests. The messenger was just about to leave when Yong Hwa and Krystal arrived.

      “Krystal! I didn’t know you guys are coming!” Shin hye exclaimed.

      “I thought you knew since Chunnie sent a messenger last night to tell us to come here today.” Krystal answered.

      “Sorry. The castle is still a mess. We’re preparing for the ball tomorrow.”Shin Hye apologized.

      “Oh my god! You’re throwing a ball for your birthday?!” Krystal said excitedly.

      “Yes. My sister here is throwing a ball for her birthday and that’s why I had to send a messenger to tell you to come here for you to help us.” Yoo Chun said, butting in in the conversation.

      “So I’m now the professional event holder huh?” Krystal said and laughed.

      “Well, if that’s the case, then we really need your help saeng. The decorations aren’t finished yet and maybe you could make a few suggestions.” Shin Hye said.

      “Of course I’ll help!” Krytsal said and then turn to Yong Hwa. “What about you brother? What will you do to help?” Krystal asked.

      “I don’t know. Maybe I’ll just sit here and give my opinion?” Yong Hwa answered.

      “You went here with me and you’ll just do that? I told you I can come here by myself. You’re the one who insisted to come with me. So help.” Krystal told Yong Hwa and then turned to Yoo Chun. “Chunnie, you have my permission to order my brother around.” Then turned to Shin Hye “Eonnie, I’ll just check the designs you already put up and I’ll tell you what I think.” Krystal said and left.

      “Ok. I’m out too. Hyung, I’ll just call you if we need some help.” Yoo Chun said and then went back to his work.

      “Really? You insisted to come here?”Shin hye asked.

      “No! Krystal was just bluffing. She’s the one who asked me.” Yong Hwa answered.

      “Oh really? That’s weird cause what I know, Krystal never lied.” Shin Hye said.

      “uhm…ah….uhm.. I-I-It’s not that bad, really, to lie once in a while.” Yong Hwa said and walked out.

~~~~

      ‘Yah!!! Did you ate my apple?’ she shouted.

      ‘Wha-uhm-ah-What are you talking about? Why are you asking me?” he shouted back

      ‘Well you’re the only one who’s with me’ she said.

      ‘No I didn’t eat it.’ He said and walked out.

~~~~

      Shin Hye, Yoo Chun, Krystal and Yong Hwa worked all day to finish their tasks. By the end of the day, everything was on place and the invitations were sent out. Shin Hye invited them to have dinner with them.

      “Eonnie, I heard it was a masquerade ball.” Krystal said, starting up the conversation.

      “Yes, since it was our original plan when we were kids.” Shin hye answered.

      “Really? When you and Yoo Chun were kids, you’re planning to throw a ball?” Yong Hwa asked.

      “Aniyo. It’s not me hyung. I have no interest in these kind of things. I’m just doing it for her.” Yoo Chun said.

      “Then by “our” you mean who?” Yong Hwa asked.

      “Eonnie meant Charles and her.” Krystal said.

      “Charles? Who’s Charles?” Yong Hwa asked.

      “Let’s just not talk about it please.” Shin Hye said.

      “Alright. I’m sorry for asking.” Yong Hwa said and remained silent until they finish dinner.

~~~~

      ‘Hey! What’s your name?’ he asked.

      ‘Shin Hye. You?’ she asked.

      ‘Charles. Nice meeting you.’ he answered.

      ‘Why are out here alone?’ she asked

      ‘Cause I don’t have any friends here.’ he answered.

      ‘Well. Then I’ll be your friend’ she said.

     

They continued playing all day long until it was time to go home.

 

      ‘Hey come on. Let’s go home. It’s getting dark already.’ she said.

      ‘Alright!’ he said.

      ‘I know you. You’re the son of my father’s right hand.’ She said

      ‘You’re the princess?’ he asked.

      ‘Let’s not talk about that please.’ She said.

      ‘Alright’ he said and he remained silent until they got back to the castle.

~~~~

      After dinner, Yoo Chun and Krystal left. Shin Hye and Yong Hwa was left alone again.

      “Hey. Why did you got so quiet suddenly over dinner?” Shin Hye asked.

      “I offended you. I’m sorry.” Yong Hwa answered while looking down.

      “Offended me?! When?” Shin Hye asked bewildered.

      “I asked you about that Charles.” Yong Hwa said.

      “Oh that. Don’t mind that. It’s nothing. You didn’t offend me at all. It’s just that I don’t like speaking about it. It brings back bad memories.” Shin Hye said then smiled. “Let’s go to the garden!” she suggested and walked away. Upon entering the garden, Yong Hwa sat on the bench.

      “Is it true it’s your birthday tomorrow?” Yong Hwa asked.

      “You don’t believe it after you saw how busy the whole castle is?” Shin Hye asked. Amused.

      “Well maybe it’s for someone important and you just told me that it’s your birthday cause you don’t want me to know about it.” Yong Hwa suggested.

      “Aniyo. You’re the brother of Krystal. Guess that makes you a part of the family now. I won’t do that. And yes, it’s my birthday tomorrow.” Shin Hye answered.

      “And it’s masquerade theme?” Yong Hwa asked.

      “Nae~” Shin Hye answered.

      They sitted quietly for a while. Feeling the cool breeze of the night and watching the moon and the stars appearing one by one. They both have something to think of and they continued thinking.

YONG HWA’S POV

     ‘It’s her birthday tomorrow. As much as I’m ashamed to admit it, I already like her. It’s the way she laugh, the way she talk and the way she treated her people. It’s her innocence combined with seriousness and responsibility that made her a very interesting and lovable person. Even though we just met each other a few days ago, I can’t help but to like her. Or maybe, this is not just a like. Maybe it’s me falling in love.’

SHIN HYE’S POV

     ‘Watching the moon here with him. He’s the second guy I brought here with me in the garden. I thought that he’ll be bored but it seems like he’s enjoying it too. He reminds me so much of Charles. His manners, his voice, almost everything. I don’t know if you can call this infatuation or am I just attracted to him because I see Charles in him? He’s a very good prince and he treats me very well. The moment I invited him to join me walking in the town in civilian clothes, I seriously thought that he’ll decline my offer but then he didn’t. I’m confused with what I’m feeling for him. Help me please. Give me a sign.”

~~~~

      They both sighed simultaneously and they looks at each other and laughed. It’s funny how they find that amusing but then they had a good time. Looking again at the moon, they continued to think and Yong Hwa held Shin Hye’s hand. Shocked, Shin Hye looked at Yong Hwa.

      “Yong Hwa. I…ah.. uhm..” Shin Hye can’t produce words.

      “Yes. I know but I really want to hold your hand now. I want to know you better. I want to know your past and who Charles is in your life.” Yong Hwa said, hoping that Shin Hye would understand.

      “Why do you want to know me better?” Shin Hye asked.

      “Cause I think I’m falling in love with you.” Yong Hwa said.

      “Come to the ball.” Shin Hye said, producing a black and white mask with spiral design, covering almost half of the face. “I’ll tell you there.”

      “Thank you.” Yong Hwa said. “And I’m really hoping you feel the same way.” Upon saying he got up and leave.