Chapter 12 --- A Kiss and A Promise

GoodBye My Prince [ Hiatus]

The next day, Yong Hwa arrived early in the Park Kingdom. He immediately went to Shin Hye's room just to find out that she is still sleeping. Yong Hwa walked around the room, picking up things and examining them. When Yong Hwa went to Shin Hye's table, he saw a picture frame. It was Shin Hye with a guy, the same age as her and looked like the photo was taken when they were little. Besides that, Yong Hwa saw a very thick book. Looking back to Shin Hye, he checked if she's already awake but not, so he went and opened the book. The pages are already yellowish, which looked like it was already old. The book was full of pictures and notes beside it. He kept on flipping the pages and saw that it was all the photos of Shin Hye and that same guy with her in the picture frame. 

 

          "It's our first time under the cherry blossoms. It seems like a nice place to rest after a day of activities. Charles found it and I was glad that he took me there. I'll make sure that we'll go back here again and again."  Yong Hwa read below a picture of Shin Hye and the guy smiling with the cherry blossoms beside them.

 

           Yong Hwa kept on examining the pictures. Also reading what is written below or beside every picture. The book looked like a picture diary. But only between the two of them. But what caught Yong Hwa's attention is the very last picture in the book. It was a picture of a grave and under it is a folded piece of letter.

 

           "Hey there, I know that you are already up there, watching over me. I didn't imagine it to be this hard for me. You know, it's your fault. Cause you spoiled me. Now, who will give my sewers designs for my new clothes? Who will gamble for me? Who will pick me apples? You know no one here in my castle will do those things for me. Cause I'm the princess. I just hoped you didn't leave me so soon. You're my bestftiend. And I will miss you so much. Why do you have to tell me how you feel when you are on the brink of death? How sly of you. But then again, I'm happy you told me. I'll never forget you and please be my guardian angel. I love you."

 

          "You're done reading?" Yong Hwa jumped in surprise when Shin Hye spoke.

          "Shin Hye I didn't mean to. I'm sorry. I just got curious." Yong Hwa said while putting the letter back and closing the book.

          "It's alright. You already know it by the way, just not in details." Shin Hye said, sitting up in her bed.

          "He's very special to you, isn't he?" Yong Hwa asked.

          "Yes. Very. He used to be my everything." Shin Hye answered.

          "I have no intention of replacing him. And I don't think I'll even be that special to you. I just want you to see that I really love you and I promise you that I'll never hurt you and I'll never leave you." Yong Hwa said.

          "You promise?" Shin Hye asked.

          "Yes I promise. And you better get up because I don't want my princess getting hungry so let's go and eat." Yong Hwa said, taking Shin Hye's hand.

          "Alright." Shin Hye said. "Hye Rin, please serve us some breakfast." Shin Hye said as soon as they entered the Dining Room.

          "Yes my princess." Hye Rin said, disappearing immediately into the kitchen and appearing again holding out plates with maids behind her holding food.

          "So, everything alright in your kingdom?" Shin Hye asked while eating.

          "Yes. I wanted to go here last night but I don't want to disturb you so I decided to come here early." Yong Hwa answered.

          “You should have come here last night. I was worried about you.” Shin Hye said.

          “Princess, here is your breakfast.” Hye Rin said, appearing with maids from the kitchen and laid out the food at the table.

          “Thank you Hye Rin. You can leave now. I’ll just call you if I need something.” Shin Hye said, smiling. Hye Rin bowed and went to the garden.

          “You don’t have to worry about me. I can take care of myself.” Yong Hwa said while eating.

          “How could I not? Your letter made me nervous” Shin Hye said and ate. They both ate silently.

          “Hye Rin. Please clean the table. We are going out in the garden.” Shin Hye said.

          “Shin Hye.” Yong Hwa called as they step into the garden.

          “Yes?” Shin Hye said.

          “Do you still love him?” Yong Hwa asked.

          “Who?”

          “Charles.”

          “Why do you ask?” Shin Hye asked.

          “Well, I want to know. I want to know if I really have a chance with you.” Yong Hwa said.

          “What if I tell you yes? Will you stop courting me?” Shin Hye said, holding her breath.

          “I will do the opposite. I will really show you how serious I am if you said that. I will do everything I can to ake you love. And besides, I could use some boost in courting you.” Yong Hwa said, smiling.

          “But I already told you that I love you.” Shin Hye said

          “Yes I know. And I’m thankful for that.” Yong Hwa said.

          “But your right. You could use some boost.” Shin Hye said and she kissed Yong Hwa on the lips.

Yong Hwa’s POV

 

We are now walking here in the garden, neither one of us talking. She just kissed me 5 minutes earlier. I did not expect that to happen. But earlier, the butterflies in my stomach came to life when she kissed me. Looking at her now, she seemed to be thinking hard. A very light V is forming on her forehead, maybe she’s thinking about the kiss. 

“Hey.”  I said.

“Hey.” she answered.

“You alright?”

“Yeah.”

“Look, what happened earlier is-” I was cut off by her.

“I’m really sorry. I didn’t know what came over me. I’m so sorry. You must be thinking what kind of a princess am I, kissing a prince out of nowhere.” she said, looking very worried.

“Hey. Don’t think like that.” I said, cupping her head in my mind. “It doesn’t matter. I don’t care, in fact it is erased already in my mind. I don’t remember anything.” I said, hoping to make her smile. “Do you remember anything?” I asked.

“No. I don’t remember anything” she said, a small smile playing on her lips.

“Shin Hye, please don’t ever think that my feelings for you will change if you do something wrong. I’m tired of meeting and knowing fake princesses. You, you’re real. You speak your mind. You do what you want to do. You don’t hide anything. I love you for who you are and not some silly wrong move will change that.” I said. “I just hope you will answer me now so I can prove to you everything I am saying.” 

“You want me to answer you now?” she asked.

“Yes but before that, I have to tell you something”

“What is it?”

“Shin Hye, I’ve been engaged before.” I started but immediately stopped when I saw her eyes widen. “No no no. Please let me finish first.” she nodded her head. “As I was saying, I was engaged before. My parents arranged me to her but I never loved her. She is a very nice princess and I know that she is doing her best to keep me happy but I don’t want to be married to someone I don’t love so I talked to my parents and told them about how I feel and they told me that it is my decision so I canceled the engagement. I saw how devastated she was when I told her that I’m leaving but I know that I will hurt her more if I agreed to the marriage.” I sighed. “I’m telling you this for you to know my past. And I’m telling you this to prove to you that I don’t do anything I don’t want to do. And if there is one thing I’m sure now, that is you are the girl I can see me waiting while you are walking down the aisle. You are the girl I look forward to see beside me everyday when I wake up. You are the girl I want to be happy. And you are the girl I would never want to hurt. I promise you this Shin Hye,  I would never leave you no matter what. I will do everything to keep you happy. I will do everything to keep you safe. So..” I kneel down and took out the ring from my pocket, “Will you be my queen?”

“Yes Yong Hwa. Yes.” she answered while tears streaming down her face.

 

 

 

AN~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GUYS SORRY FOR THE VERY VERY VERY LATE UPDATE. I KNOW I PROMISED  TO UPDATE FREQUENTLY BECAUSE IT IS VACATION HERE RIGHT NOW BUT SOME PROBLEMS IN MY FAMILY CAME UP. I WAS OUT OF FOCUS SO I'M VERY SORRY AND THANK YOU FOR NOT UNSUBSCRIBING :))))