Chapter 3 --- The Archenemy

GoodBye My Prince [ Hiatus]

Princess Joo Hyun lives in the Seo Kingdom in the west. She’s a beautiful princess but always thinks that she’s still not enough. She has a habit of comparing herself to other princesses, specifically Princess Shin Hye.

      “Princess Joo Hyun! Princess Joo Hyun!” Yeo Min shouted looking for her master.

      “Yeo Min! What is it? Did something happen?” Princess Joo Hyun asked immediately.

      “Princess Shin Hye again had a visitor. Prince Min Ho of the Lee Kingdom.” Yeo Min said while catching her breath.

      “Prince Min Ho? I didn’t expect that. I heard his engaged with some princess.” Princess Joo Hyun said.

      “He was. But he broke of the engagement just to take his chance of getting Princess Shin Hye’s hand for marriage. But still, Princess Shin Hye rejected him because he didn’t pass her test.” Yeo Min said.

      “Yes. That test. No one would reveal what her test is. They all say that it is very painful to remember and that they don’t want to talk about it. I’m really curious what her test is.” Princess Joo Hyun said.

      “Nobody knows what her test is but Prince Min Ho is really sad, he didn’t have the chance to give Princess Shin Hye the ring he brought.” Yeo Min said.

 

      With Yeo Min saying this, Princess Joo Hyun suddenly had a flashback. A memory that she doesn’t want to remember anymore but can’t bring herself to forget. Suddenly a tear ran down from her left eye and she felt so weak. She ran into her room and weep. She sob loudly remembering the time when she was rejected by her love and her family. The day she really felt that she’s nothing but a mere decoration in her family. The day she swore that she will do anything to be better.

 

      “I’m sorry Joo Hyun but I’m breaking off the engagement.” He said.

      “What? But why? Did I do something wrong?” Joo Hyun said while crying.

      “No. It’s not that. It’s just I don’t love you. We both know that your parents are the one who’s responsible of getting us engaged but I don’t to be tied up in a life that I’m not happy. I don’t want to see you suffer just because I can’t return all the love you are giving me now. I don’t want to see you everyday expecting me to love you back because I can’t do that. I’m so sorry, you’re a great princess but we’re not for each other”

 

      Joo Hyun curled up to the ground while watching her prince walk away. Remembering all the things they did together, all the memories they have and wondering what went wrong. She cried so loudly that her parents heard her and went to her room.

 

      “What’s wrong honey?” the Queen asked.

      “He broke off the engagement! He says that he doesn’t love me that I we’re not meant for each other.” Joo Hyun said and then cries again.

      “What?! He broke off the engagement?? What did you do Joo Hyun?” the King shouted at her.

      “Honey, why did you let this happen? We’re counting that you will do everything you can for him to be able to like you. You should have seen this coming and prevented it.” The Queen added.

      “I didn’t do anything! He just told me today. Why are you like that? Why do I feel like this is my fault when in the first place you’re the one who pursued this engagement. I’m contented in admiring him from afar but then you did this and now I’m hurt!” Joo Hyun can’t contain her feelings anymore and started to shout.

      “Because it’s your fault! It’s your fault Joo Hyun, and don’t you dare tell us that we are the ones who pursued this engagement. You wanted it. Don’t blame us for your own problems.” The King shouted back and then left the room.

      “Joo Hyun, what you did was not right. You shouted at your father! We didn’t teach you that. Maybe this is the reason why he left you, you have no manners, how could a prince like a princess such as you?” the Queen sasid and then followed her husband.

 

      Joo Hyun was left alone in her room devastated of what happened. She can’t believe that her parents blamed her for what happened. She stood up and went to the balcony.

 

      “Why did you leave me Prince Yong Hwa?” Joo Hyun whispered in the air, tears running down from her face.

 

~~~~

I hope you're liking my story ^____^ by the way, Chapter 2 has been edited. Thank you.