Chapter 1 --- The Princess

GoodBye My Prince [ Hiatus]

“My Princess, My Princess! Princess Shin Hye where are you?” Hye Rin shouted, panting.

      “Why are you shouting like the whole kingdom is on fire Hye Rin?” Princess Shin Hye wals out from the kitchen.

      “I’m so sorry Princess but Prince Min Ho from the Lee Kingdom is here to see you.  I think he’s gonna ask for your hand Princess.” Hye Rin said, still cathcing her breath.

      “Prince Min Ho from the Lee Kingdom?! They went a long way Hye Rin! I didn’t expect him to be so persistent.” Princess Shin Hye said, very surprised.

      “You’re right Princess! The Lee Kingdom is on the North and our kingdom, the Park Kingdom, is on the south.  I think he really likes you my princess.  Will I him into the tea room?” Hye Rin asked.

      ‘Yes.  Please tell him that I’ll be there in a moment.  I’ll just change my clothes.  Thank you Hye Rin.” Princess Shin Hye said and walked towards her room.

 

      Princess Shin Hye entered her room and looked at her wardrobe.  She picked one of her best dress.  She looked at it and remembered her mother.

 

      ‘Shin Hye, you must always remember, that a time will come that princes all over the world will come to our kingdom to ask your hand for marriage.  You must be very wise Shin Hye.  Some prince is not really serious.  You should be able to test them whether they are right or wrong for you.  Be clever Shin Hye.  When I die, take care of yourself ok?’

      Princess Shin Hye prepared for a very long time for that time her mother is talking about.  Her mother passed away and her father went away for a journey.  Only she and her brother Yoo Chun is left in the castle.  She thought for a very long time how would she be able to test if a prince is worthy of her and she come up with a test.  A simple test that she prepared herself and she knew, when a prince is able to pass the test, that prince is her very much awaited prince. Princess Shin Hye dressed up quickly and went out to meet Prince Min Ho.

 

“Welcome Prince Min Ho to the Park Kingdom” Princess Shin Hye said and bowed.

“Princess Shin Hye. Thank you for welcoming me. As you might know my princess, I came here to take my chances of being your husband.” Prince Min Ho said politely.

“Everyone in this whole land knows that before I say yes to a prince, he must first pass a test. Are you sure you want to do this?” Princess Shin Hye said slowly.

“Yes. I’m prepared for your test princess.” Prince Min Ho said and bowed.

“Very well. Hye Rin! Bring out the dolls.” Princess Shin Hye shouted to Hye Rin and then sat down at her throne. When the dolls came out Princess Shin Hye said “Now here is the test Prince Min Ho, you just need to tell me the difference of this two identical dolls. If you can answer this correctly, then you have my permission to be my husband.”

 

      Prince Min Ho took his time in analyzing the dolls. He looked and think while Princess Shin Hye watched him closely. Each moment passed slowly and everybody awaited Prince Min Ho’s answer to the test. The maids talk in a hush voice debating whether the prince will answer it right or wrong. No one knows the answer, it is something that the princess kept to herself and didn’t even tell Hye Rin. After almost 4 hours, Prince Min Ho finally looked up the princess.

 

“I’m so sorry my princess but I don’t know the answer. This two dolls looks exactly the same to me” Prince Min Ho said disappointed with himself.

“Don’t be so sad Prince Min Ho, many princes have tried to answer this test but they all failed. Maybe you’ll find the right princess for you in other kingdom. Not here.” Princess Shin Hye said reassuringly.

“Thank you Princess. I’ll be leaving now.” Prince Min Ho bid goodbye.

“Take care Prince Min Ho. Guards, them to the gates!” Princess Shin Hye ordered the guards and waved goodbye to Prince Min Ho.

 

      Princess Shin Hye returned to her room, looking very sad. She hoped that maybe this time, her test will be answered correctly. But then again, the prince failed. Maybe her prince is out there somewhere. She told herself to be patient. She looked in the mirror for the last time and went to bed.