Chapter 10 --- The Test

GoodBye My Prince [ Hiatus]

Shin Hye got up early the next morning. She went to the bathroom and prepared herself for the day. It's just a matter of 2 hours before Yong Hwa arrive to take the test. She sat down in front of the mirror when Yoo Chun went inside her room.

"Noona, is it true? Hyung is going to take your test?" Yoo Chun asked.

"Yes. It's true." Shin Hye answered.

"What's wrong? You look pale. Are you sick?" Yoo Chun asked, looking concerned at Shin Hye.

"I'm afraid Yoo Chun. I'm nervous. I'm anxious. Whay if Yong Hwa can't answer the test correctly? What if it's too hard for him? Or what if he doesn't show up today?" Shin Hye asked in panic.

"I knew it. You already like him. Or probablymore than that. I'm not sure. But you have feelings for him" Yoo Chun said.

"Yes I have. That's why I'm so worried. I just hope he'll be smart enough to answer it correctly. Let's go, let's wait for him in the tea room." Shin Hye said Shin Hye and Yoo Chun went and waited for Yong Hwa in the tea room.

 

Shin Hye can't hide her nervousness and kept walking back and forth while her maids and guards looked at her with a sign of surprise and confusion on their faces. When Yong Hwa finally arrived, Hye Rin advised Shin Hye to sit down and compose herself. Shin Hye did what Hye Rin told her and tried to act as if she's not that nervous. She looked at Yoo Chun and he gave her an encouraging smile.

 

"So, you came." Shin Hye said.

"Yes I did. I'm serious on what I told you at the ball." Yong Hwa said.

"So are you ready?" Shin Hye asked and Yong Hwa nodded.

"Hye Rin, Bring out the dolls" Shin Hye said to Hye Rin whom immediately obeyed.

"Good luck hyung." Yoo Chun said to Yong Hwa as the dolls came out.

"Prince Yong Hwa of the Jung Kingdom, here in front of you are two dolls which are exactly alike but there is one difference between the two of them. If you figure out what is that difference then you can court me. Don't worry, there is no time limit for this. You can take your time." Shin Hye explained to Yong Hwa.

Yong Hwa was about to hold the dolls when Shin Hye called him. "Yong Hwa, good luck!" Shin Hye said and she let Yong Hwa take the test.

 

Shin Hye's POV

I've been watching Yong Hwa for 3 hours already but it doesn't seem that he has a slightest idea of what the difference can be. Is the test really that hard? I wish that he could answer the test. He began to shake the dolls, probably hoping that something would fall but nothing happened and a disappointed look appeared in his face.

'PABO! Even if you shake that a thousand times, nothing will happen. Think! Surely, there's something within the dolls!'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yong Hwa's POV

I've been staring at the dolls for 3 hours now. It's really hard. In fact, I didn't even know that I have to take a test before courting Shin Hye but since I really like her, I took the test and I've been racking my brain to find out the difference. It's pretty hard, they look exactly alike. I shake the dolls but nothing happened. I look at the dolls. Their eyes, their mouth, their nose, their ears, their ha-. Wait a minute, aha!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hye Rin, may I request a straw of hay? Or a ribbon? Or something long and can bend." Yong Hwa asked Hye Rin and Hye Rin immediately went and get the thing he asked.

"Here you are Prince Yong Hwa." Hye Rin said and gave a straw of hay to Yong Hwa.

"Thank you." Yong Hwa said.

 

Yong Hwa put the straw inside of the doll's ear and nothing happened. He did the same to the other doll and the straw of hay came out of it's mouth. A look of joy and satisfaction appeared to Yong Hwa's face.

 

"Princess Shin Hye, I finally got the answer." Yong Hwa said, trying to hide his happiness.

"So what is the answer?" Shin Hye asked.

"These two dolls are symbolizing two kinds of people. A doll symbolizes a person who learned to keep his/ shut whatever he/she hears and can keep a secret while the other doll symbolizes a person who said whatever he/she hears and cannot keep a secret. That's their difference." Yong Hwa answered confidently.

Shin Hye immediately run to Yong Hwa and hugged him and Yong Hwa hugged her back.

"You did it! You answered it right!" Shin Hye said happily.

"Really? Yes!" Yong Hwa shouted. "So can I court you now my princess?" Yong Hwa asked happily.

"Yes you may, prince" Shin Hye said happily.

 

Author's note ----- hey guys! Ok. It's kinda hard to update my story here in my tablet but I'll do my best to update. It's vacation now so you can expect it from me. I sincerely thank you for NOT unsubscribing in my story. Hihi. Love you guys!