Chapter 2 --- The Prince

GoodBye My Prince [ Hiatus]

 

“Yong Hwa! Always remember this. Being the oldest in our family, I expect you to be responsible enough to take care of our kingdom and your younger sister. I and your mother will leave for 5 years. We will go around the land for them to be able to sign here in the new contract for peace in our land. Please take good care of our kingdom and don’t let your sister roam around freely.” Yong Hwa’s father said.

      “Yes Father. Don’t worry I won’t let you down. I’ll keep in mind everything that you have said.  I’ll take care of our kingdom and I promise you that when you and mother come back, our kingdom will be the same as you left it to me.” Yong Hwa answered.

      “Very well. We’re leaving now. Good bye, take care alright?” Yong Hwa’s father bid goodbye.

      “Take care Oppa and Eomma.” Yong Hwa replied.

 

Prince Yong Hwa lived in the Jung Kingdom in the east. Being the oldest in their family, his parents expect him to be the perfect son. They expect him to be responsible, courteous, kind, thoughtful and very contained. Because of this expectations, Prince Yong Hwa is becoming tired of living his life. Sitting silently in his room, he keeps on playing back the things that his father told him before they left. They’ve only been gone for a week and so far, there has been no problem in the kingdom. He’s been handling it well and he’s very proud of himself. But then, he always thought why can’t his parents realize that he has to have a life. He’s been the perfect son for them for 21 years and yet they don’t seem to think that he too should have his own freedom. He longs for the day when he could do everything that he likes without worrying that his parents will be angry at him.

 

      “Yah! Oppa!! Are you okay?” Princess Krystal asked, worried because her older brother is just staring at an empty space when she entered his room.

      “Of course I’m okay. And may I ask what are you doing here in my room?” Prince Yong Hwa asked her sister.

      “I’m bored. Can we go and see my fiancée?” Princess Krystal asked hopefully.

      “Oh. You’re a very lucky princess. You are engaged but you love your fiancée and him you. I wish, when the time comes that I will be engaged, I will love and be also love by my fiancée.” Prince Yong Hwa said dreamily.

      “Oppa, I’m lucky that our father engaged me with a prince that I love. Of course you will be lucky too. Don’t worry. And please don’t act so melodramatic. It doesn’t suit you.” Princess Krystal replied.

      “Melodramatic?I’m acting so melodramatic? Well well my sister. Am I?” Prince Yong Hwa asked her, hiding his amusement.

      “Yes you are. Seriously, it doesn’t suit you.” Princess Krystal answered.

      “Fine. If my only sister insists. I won’t act so melodramatic anymore. I think you prefer me being serious and contained?” Prince Yong Hwa asked, acting innocent.

      “Oh no! Please! I hate that side of yours. And stop acting so innocent.” Princess Krystal said.

      “Fine. Fine. Tell them to ready the carriage. I’ll go with you.” Prince Yong Hwa said and then went into his room.

 

      Prince Yong Hwa is very happy for her sister because of what is happening to her. He silently promised himself that he will do anything for her sister not to experience everything that he is experiencing now. He will do anything to keep her sister happy as she is now. It hurts him to think that he’s sister will suffer because of their parents.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited chapter 2 ^____^