Chapter 11 --- A Brand New Start

GoodBye My Prince [ Hiatus]

          After Yong Hwa answered the test correctly, Shin Hye invited him to have lunch with them which Yong Hwa agreed on. Yoo Chun kept on congratulating Yong Hwa for passing a really impossible test because even he doesn't know the answer to that. After lunch, Yoo Chun went to visit Krystal in their kingdom, leaving Shin Hye and Yong Hwa alone. Shin Hye led Yong Hwa to the garden and there, they started to talk.

 

          "I still can't believe it" Shin Hye said.

          "Believe what?" Yong Hwa asked.

          "That someone passed the test." Shin Hye answered.

          "It's really a difficult one. I almost gave up. How did you come up with it anyway?" Yong Hwa asked curiously.

          "My mother invented that test. She is worried that my heart may lead me to the wrong man, that's why she made the test so I won't marry a wrong man easily. My mother said that the man who will answer it right really does love me enough that it will give him the knowledge and keen eye." Shin Hye answered.

          "You're right. I'm sure the man who answered that test correctly is deeply in love with you." Yong Hwa said while looking directly at Shin Hye's eyes.

          "Really? Is that true?" Shin Hye asked.

          "Of course. Or else he won't be here in front of you now. He must have ran away hours ago." Yong Hwa said.

          "Thank you Yong Hwa." Shin Hye said, smiling.

          "For what?" Yong Hwa asked.

          "For proving that you are serious about me." Shin Hye answered.

          "There's no need to thank me. Cause I learned from my parents that if you really love a person, you will do everything just to prove to her that you are serious and that you know what you are doing." Yong Hwa said, pulling Shin Hye to an embrace.

 

         Yong Hwa and Shin Hye stayed in that position for some time. Just feeling relaxed and comfortable with each other's company. When afternoon came, Shin Hye has fallen asleep while hugging Yong Hwa so Yong Hwa carried up to her room.

 

Yong Hwa's POV

 

          I imagined her to be heavy because she looked chubby but I was surprised when I carried her. She is light. I carried her to her room and lay her down to her bed. She looks like an angel when she's sleeping and a goddess when she is awake. She is beautiful inside out. She's perfect.

 

         'Oh Shin Hye. You look so beautiful now. I don't know how you captured my heart. And now, because of you, I don't regret that I broke my first engagement. I always knew that I'd meet a girl who will give me sleepless night and this pounding heart and the butterflies in my stomach. I promise that I will never hurt you, knowing that it's your first time feeling this but so am I so please forgive me if I make mistakes, I'm still trying to learn. I want to kiss you, knowing that you won't know it but I have to stop myself. You're a very amazing princess and you have my greatest respect. I hope we stay together until our hair turns grey or white. I love you. Good night'  I whispered to Shin Hye and went to go home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Shin Hye's POV

 

        I woke up. Realizing that I was already in my room and it's already morning, I went to the bathroom.

 

        "Oh right! I fell asleep yesterday. Yong Hwa must have carried me here up to my room" I said to myself. I went out and saw a letter on the table beside my bed

 

       "My dear princess.

 As much as I like to wake you from your deep slumber,

I realize that you are probably tired from worrying if I will pass the test or not. How did I know this?

Your brother told me. Please don't be mad at him for telling me. I kinda force him to.

And I'm glad to know that. You look like an angel while sleeping.

Sincere yours,

Prince Yong Hwa of the Jung Kingdom"

 

         I smiled after reading his letter. Is this it? Is this love? I'm always happy when he is around. I want to look my best when I know that he is coming. I always want impress him and I really appreciate every little thing he do for me. This must be love.

 

 

       "Good morning noona!" Yoo Chun barged into my room.

       "Yoo Chun! You look so lively today." I noticed.

       "Of course. It's because I'm happy for you. Can you imagine it? The first man you ever loved passed the test!" Yoo Chun exclaimed.

       "Hey! Behave like a prince. But yes, even I can't believe it. He's like a dream come true." I said.

       "What happened yesterday to you guys? I left here and when I went home, I found you sleeping peacefully here in your room. And what is that in your hands?" Yoo Chun asked me.

       "It's a letter left by Yong Hwa last night." I answered and handed the letter to Yoo Chun. "We just talked in the garden when I fell asleep." I told him while he reads Yong Hwa's letter.

       "He's undeniably head over heels with you." Yoo Chun said.

       "Do you thin-" I was cut when Hye Rin knocked and opened the door.

       "Princess, there is a letter for you." Hye Rin said while giving me the letter and immediately went out of my room.

       "Well, I'll leave you now noona." Yoo Chun said and went out.

 

       I went to the balcony amd opened the letter. I was happy to know that the letter came from Yong Hwa.

 

"My Princess,

I'm sorry, I can't go there to your kingdom today so I decided to write a letter.

There has been some problems about the supply here but don't worry, I already solved it.

I just can't leave our kingdom right now. But I promise to go there tomorrow.

It is such a waste that I can't be by your side today.

Thank you for giving me a chance in courting you and I promise you that I will prove to you that I'm serious.

I hope it will be a brand new start for the both of us.

And I hope that this start will lead to a very happy ending.

I don't just like you anymore.

I already love you

And I'm madly, deeply in love with you.

Take care. See you tomorrow.

Sincerely yours,

Yong Hwa

 

          I smiled and the butterflies in my stomach came to life. Yes. This is love.