Chapter 7 --- The Preparation

GoodBye My Prince [ Hiatus]

Shin Hye got back in their castle tiredly. She directly went to her room, took a shower and went to her brother’s room. Upon seeing that he’s already sleeping, she decided to wake him up.

      “Yah! Wake up!” Shin Hye said while jumping on top of Yoo Chun

      “Noona!! I’m already sleeping.” Yoo Chun said while pouting.

      “I can definitely see that and that’s why I’m waking you up. Come on! Help me. I’m also tired but it’s already my birthday on the day after tomorrow. What should I do?” Shin Hye stated feeling depressed.

      “I already told you, I’m of no help to you. I’m a boy. What do I know how you girls think.” Yoo Chun said while sitting up.

      “Should I throw a party? A ball? Or just invite my friends and have dinner here at our home?” Shin Hye ask.

      “Why are you getting so agitated all of a sudden. It’s not like we didn’t have this conversation the other day but you didn’t seem so eager that time.” Yoo Chun asked while narrowing his eyes at Shin Hye.

      “O-O-Of course! Because.. It’s my birthday. I…..uhm…. want this year to be good for me.” Shin Hye answered, avoiding to look at Yoo Chun’s eyes.

      “Oh My God! Sis! This is the very first time I heard you stutter since what happened to Charles! Is it because of Yong Hwa?? Huh? I heard from Minho that you guys went out for a walk dressed like civilians. What happened?” Yoo Chun said, grinning.

      “Come on. It’s just normal for a PRINCESS to get excited over her birthday. And it’s not bad to stutter once in a while right? Nothing happened while we walked around the town. We just came at the cherry blossoms and I remembered something.” Shin Hye said.

      “Cherry Blossoms? There’s only one person I can think of when it comes to cherry blossoms. Charles.” Yoo Chun said.

      “Yes. Him. There’s just so many memories we shared together that almost everything here in the kingdom keeps me reminding of him. You know all of it cause I told you. We saw the gambling areas there and I remembered how we used to gamble almost everyday and we never won a single game. He always bet all of his money that I have to treat him every time we ate cause he has no more money left. I remembered those time we used to walk around the town doing foolish things. Running around and hiding. Those people we met and became friends with that they also joined in our games. Those kids there that we helped when we saw that they have no food left for their family and of course, the cherry blossoms. Every time we grew tired of our activities, we’ll always go there and rest. Talking about things that happened and what our future might be. The girls that have interests on him and the boys that courted me. We shared everything. But then that war came and they took him away from me.” Shin Hye said while tears streaming down her face. He looked at Yoo Chun and said “I never told you this cause I don’t want to share this to anybody or rather I just don’t have the courage to tell. You know, the moment he died. He told me the he dreamt of being my king. It’s a coincidence that I also dreamt of being her queen. Our dreams were shattered that day cause neither of us can fulfill that dream.”

      “Charles is so lucky. My noona loved him very much.” Yoo Chun said and hugged Shin Hye.

      “And I’m lucky that he loved me back” Shin Hye said.

      “Come on! Cheer up. I thought of something. It’s just a suggestion but what if you throw a ball? You told me that you and Charles really wanted to throw a ball back then but you don’t know how it’s done, but now, you’re already a princess and the ruler of our kingdom. I’m sure you know now how to throw one. Maybe it will make you feel like Charles is still here.” Yoo Chun suggested.

      “Yes! Why not?” Shin hye answered gleefully.

 

      All day, Yoo Chun and Shin Hye planned how the ball is going to be. They went to a masquerade theme since that’s what Charles had planned back then. Shin Hye made an example of the invitation and showed it to Charles which he approved. The servants and the guards are busy in buying all the necessary materials they are going to use the next day for decorating the castle. Shin Hye and Yoo Chun decided whom they will invite. Finally all the preparations are done, all the things needed to decorate the castle is at one room, all the invitations have been printed out and is in Yoo Chun’s room and their clothes are already bought and washed which is in their respective rooms.

      “Thank you all for your help.” Shin Hye said, “Sorry for this last minute preparations and I really appreciate your help.”

      “Oh no it’s nothing princess.”

      “That’s alright your highness.”

      “For you we will do everything”

      “We want you to be happy on your birthday Princess Shin Hye”

      “Thank You very much.” Shin Hye said, smiling

      “Ok guys, let’s sleep for now, we have so many things to do tomorrow.” Yoo Chun said. The servants obeyed and went to their chambers. “Noona, get a sleep alright? This will be a fantastic ball. I’ll make sure of it.”

      “Thank you Chunnie. I really appreciate it.” Shin Hye said and went to her room while Yoo Chun had sent a messenger to Krystal to come in their kingdom tomorrow.