Chapter 6 --- Cherry Blossoms

GoodBye My Prince [ Hiatus]

The next day, Yong Hwa returned again to the Park Kingdom with his sister, hoping that he will know Shin Hye better. Upon entering the palace, they were greeted by Shin Hye.

      “We meet again Prince Yong Hwa. Krystal! Haha. I missed you.” Shin Hye greeted and bowed.

      “Eonnie! I missed you too. Is Chunnie awake already?” Krystal asked while hugging Shin Hye

      “Nope. Go, wake him up. Hahaha” Shin Hye said to Krystal.

 

      Krystal nodded hyperly and then skipped towards Yoo Chun’s room. Turning her attention to Yong Hwa, she noticed that he’s more relaxed today than yesterday.

      “Princess Shin Hye, if—“

      “Just call me Shin Hye.” Shin Hye said smiling.

      “Hahaha. Okay, then call me Yong Hwa. Shin Hye, if you don’t mind, can we go to the town. I want to see the activities your people do here.” Yong Hwa asked.

      “Sure! I originally planned to take you there but we can’t go there with these clothes. You have some civilian clothes?” Shin Hye asked.

      “Why? Can’t we go there wearing this?” Yong Hwa asked her.

      “Well, if you really want to see what they are doing there, don’t you think that you shouldn’t dress like a royal because they will all try their best to act properly when you are around. You should dress like them for you to be able to see their everyday lives.” Shin Hye answered.

      “Fine, but I don’t have any civilian clothes with me.” “Well, if you really want to see what they are doing there, don’t you think that you shouldn’t dress like a royal because they will all try their best to act properly when you are around. You should dress like them for you to be able to see their everyday lives.” Shin Hye answered.

      “Fine, but I don’t have any civilian clothes with me.” Yong Hwa said.

      “That’s alright.” Shin Hye said. “MinHo! Will you bring me a pair of your clothes?” Shin Hye shouted and immediately a boy that looked like the same age as Yong Hwa appeared with clothes in his hand.

      “Are you going out again Princess?” MinHo asked politely.

      “Nae~ But Prince Yong Hwa here doesn’t have any civilian clothes with him so I need to borrow from you cause I thought you two are of the same sizes.” Shin Hye answered.

      “Be careful Princess. I’m sure your mother and father will be so proud of you when they find out that you’ve been handling this kingdom well and that you even socialize with the townspeople. I have to go back to the kitchen my Princess.” MinHo said and gave the clothes to Prince Yong Hwa and walked away.

      “You always do this? You always socialize with your people?” Yong Hwa asked.

      “Yes! It’s my most favorite hobby. I get to witness what they do there. Please go and change. We’ll meet here.” Shin Hye said and then went to her room.

 

      After 10 minutes, Shin Hye went out if her room and saw Yong Hwa standing there. The clothes of MinHo are a perfect fit to him.

 

      “Hey Yong Hwa!” Shin Hye greeted.

      “Shin Hye? You look very different that earlier. I almost didn’t recognize you in civilian clothes.” Yong Hwa said.

      “You’re kidding right? Come on!” Shin Hye said and went out.

YONG HWA’S POV

     ‘It’s my first time walking around without being greeted by the people. It’s really weird when people are just bumping into you without saying sorry or when you’re being pushed by the people but the weirdest thing is I can’t take my eyes off Shin Hye. Her usually ponytailed hair is now flowing freely on her shoulders. Her clothes suits her but her royal clothes suits her better and specially her smile. It’s not like her sophisticated smile in the castle but more of the free smile.’

      “Hey Shin Hye! Where are we exactly going?”

      “I don’t know. I’ll just tour you around and you tell me when something caught your eye or if you want to know about it and I’ll gladly help you. Arraseo?” she answered.

      “Ok.”

      ‘Walking around with her is amazing. Looking around, I can see that the lives of the people here are okay and that they are being cared by their rulers. Although there are some gambling areas here and I wonder why they haven’t banned it.’

      “Shin Hye, I noticed there are gambling areas here. Why do you still let them do that?”

      “Well, if we take that away, the people here in our kingdom won’t have a sense of fun and if they don’t gamble, their lives would be boring, doing the same routine everyday but with gambling they get a feeling of anxiety and excitement when the result is not yet shown and happiness or disappointment if they win or lose.”

      ‘She or rather they have a very weird but logical way of thinking.’

END OF POV

     Shin Hye and Yong Hwa continued to walk around until they arrived to a place where there are so many cherry blossoms.

      “You got cherry blossoms here?” Yong Hwa asked.

      “Yes. I especially requested that they plant these here in our kingdom cause it’s my favorite. I have many happy memories connected to cherry blossoms.” Shin hye answered.

      “Really? It’s my favorite too. And I really want to do something under a cherry blossom.” Yong Hwa said.

      “What is it?” Shin Hye asked curiously.

      “To propose to a girl I love.”