Chapter 5 --- A walk to remember

GoodBye My Prince [ Hiatus]

After their conversations, Yoo Chun and Krystal left saying that they have other things to do. Shin Hye and Yong Hwa are the only ones left. Since they are in the Park Kingdom, Shin Hye offered to tour Yong Hwa around their kingdom. While walking, Shin Hye observed Yong Hwa. ‘It’s amazing, he doesn’t have any fiancée yet. He’s beautiful’ Shin Hye thought.

      “Prince Yong Hwa, what do you think of our kingdom?” Shin Hye asked.

      “It’s very beautiful. The landscapes are maintained very well. The people here are very hospitable and very disciplined. Your kingdom has a very good reputation with other kingdoms and your kingdom is the only kingdom who didn’t experienced war yet from other kingdoms.” Yong Hwa said confidently.

      “You have a very good observation Prince Yong Hwa. Our kingdom is really what you have said and I thank you for saying it. I, as the temporary queen of our kingdom, make sure that our people doesn’t suffer and to have a very clear surrounding.” Shin Hye said.

      “A clear surrounding? Why” Yong Hwa asked curiously.

      “Growing up as a princess of the Park Kingdom, I witnessed how war can destroy lives, families and kingdom. For me, the only way for a kingdom to have a dirty surroundings is to have war in their kingdom. I don’t want that to happen here. When I—“ Shin Hye stopped.

      “When you? Why did you stop?” Yong Hwa asked.

      “It’s nothing. You have no concern of it.” Shin Hye said

      “I’m sorry.” YongHwa said

      The prince and the princess continued walking around the kingdom and greeting every people they meet. They came upon a tree of apple and Shin hye stopped in her tracks and walked right to the tree.

      “Would you like some?” Shin Hye asked as she picked an apple and handed out to Yong Hwa which Yong Hwa took.

      “Thank you.” Yong Hwa said.

      “I’m sorry for the way I behaved awhile ago, it’s just that I remembered something bad.” Shin Hye apologized.

      “It’s ok. I have no right to be angry to you because I don’t know the reason why you acted like that. And besides, I’m like that sometimes.” Yong Hwa said.

      “My parents used to say I’m weird.” Shin Hye stated.

      “Would you like me to tell you a secret?” Yong Hwa asked Shin Hye and Shin Hye nodded. “All the amazing people here in this world are weird.” Yong Hwa said, smiling.

 

      Shin hye smiled upon hearing this and even chuckled a little. ‘I’m gonna like this prince. He’s different from the other princes’ Shin Hye thought. They finally went back to the castle and bid goodbye to each other with a promise to meet the next day. Shin Hye went back to her room, thinking about what happened a while ago. She almost told Yong Hwa an experience she’s been keeping.

 

      Shin Hye and Charles Layola, her bestfriend from America, is playing at Charles’ backyard. Shin Hye is very happy to have a bestfriend who is also royal blooded so her parents didn’t disagreed with Charles being her bestfriend. Charles is the son of the right-hand of her father. They was building a ‘house’ made of leaves when they heard horses coming. Shin Hye stood up and saw a whole army of enemies running to attack the Layola Residences. Charles kept on shouting at her to run and go to their palace but she won’t budge. Shin Hye is too scared to think or to move. Charles carried her and run fast to the castle, leaving the soldiers of her father to fight with the enemies. When they reached the palace gate, he put Shin Hye down and told her to run inside because there, the guards will protect her. Shin Hye obeyed and run, stopping only to look back to Charles and wave, but instead, she saw Charles got shot. She looked around and saw an enemy that has followed them. She screamed and immediately guards are at all her sides, shooting the enemy. She ran to Charles and hold him in her arms.

      “Yah! Charles, don’t leave me. We are bestfriends right?” Shin Hye said while sobbing.

      “You need to be strong Shin Hye. Whatever happens, you must be strong. You are the future queen of the Park Kingdom. How can you be a queen when you are such a weakling?” Charles said.

      “No! Why? Am I not allowed to cry when I see my bestfriend dying in front of me?” Shin Hye exclaimed.

      “I’m alright. I’ll live.” Charles said smiling.

      “Pabo! I’m not a fool. I know what will happen to you. I will miss you Charles.” Shin Hye said and then burst out crying.

      “Shhh. Don’t cry Shin Hye. I really want to live to see you be the queen. I want to live to see you grow up with me. I want to live to be with you. You know, I have this dream but now, I can’t fulfill it.” Charles stated.

      “What dream is that?” Shin Hye asked.

      “To be your king.” Charles said and then closed his eyes.

 

      Shin Hye, seeing Charles closed his eyes, knew that he was dead. She was unable to move and sat ther still until the guards carried Charles’ body away. Everything that happened was a blur. The next thing she knew is that she is at the Layola Residences. She looked around and saw what happened there. Luckily, the forces of her father defeated the enemies but the fighting left a very great mark. Trees were burned, the house was wrecked and there are many garbages around. The surroundings, where they used to play, is dirty and destroyed. After visiting there, she went directly to Charles’ funeral. Greeting Mr. Layola, she went to see the casket being lowered down and said.

      “You know, what a coincidence. I dreamt of being your queen.” She said while tears are streaming down her face.

 

      Shin Hye didn’t notice that she was crying. She immediately wiped her tears away and went to sleep.