Voice

He's my butler!

Youngjae blinked a few times as he rubbed his eyes with his hands, adjusting to the surrounding while he looked out the window. The sky was painted an array of orange and yellow, the clouds were grey shaded and the birds flew across the sky. Youngjae assumed that the sun almost set and he slipped out of his duvet while stretching a bit. His body’s temperature had return to normal, so he felt a lot better than the morning. He stood up, walked towards his bathroom, and stripped himself before he got into the shower. As the water hit his skin, he flinched a bit because the water was cold and he forgot to turn the heater on. He groaned as he made his way to turn on the heater and stepped into the shower again.

After he finished showering and slipped into his clothes, he made his way downstairs to meet his grandpa. He smiled when he saw his grandpa was talking to his butler in the living room.

“Annyeong grandpa!!” Youngjae said while hugging his grandpa from behind.

His grandpa chuckled, “Oh Youngjae? Have you feeling better?”

“Yes. I feel a lot better. Maybe it is Daehyunnie’s chicken soup that makes me feel better?” Youngjae smiled at his butler and his butler smiled back.

“Thank you Daehyun.” His grandpa said.

“Ah. It’s nothing.”

They went to the dining room for dinner after one of the maids informed them that the food had been served and of course Youngjae’s favourite food was also there. Once they had finished, Youngjae excused himself to his bedroom and his grandpa nodded.

He sprawled on the bed while rubbing his full stomach, staring at the ceiling. He snapped out of his trance and turned his head towards the door as he heard the door was knocked then being opened. Soon his butler stepped in, went straight away to his master on the bed.

Youngjae blinked a few times before he was in a sitting position, staring at his stunning butler.

“O-oh? Daehyun? Do you need something?”

“No. I just want to ask you about last night. You said you want to talk about something?”

“O-oh” Youngjae blushed when the flashback of seeing Daehyun half- still vivid, “I-I want to a-ask you, i-if you could sing.” He smiled sheepishly, fidgeting with the hem of his shirt.

“Me? Oh. I can sing. But not as good as the singer. Can I know why?”

“Baekhyun said that the school will have an event where students can show their talents along with their butler. So I was wondering whether you would want to join me.”

A smile spread across Daehyun’s face, “Sure. Let’s try it.”

“S-so, I want to listen to your singing. Can I?”

Daehyun nodded before he cleared his throat and started singing a song that he knew. Youngjae was gaping at his butler and his eyes never leaving his butler’s lips which moved slightly when he sang.

After the butler finished the last line, he turned towards his master, noticing the big doe eyes staring at him, mouth slightly gaping.

“Youngjae..” he waved his hand in front of Youngjae’s face. “Hey Youngjae..” still no respond.

“Master Youngjae!” Daehyun’s tone a bit higher than before, making the blonde snapped and blinked a few times.

“Y-yes?”

“Are you okay?” Daehyun bent down as his face was the same level as Youngjae, putting his hand on the other’s forehead, “are you still sick?”

The blonde’s cheeks were pink tinted when he felt Daehyun’s warm hand on his forehead and when he looked up, his gaze met the other’s gaze which made him blushed more.

“I-I’m okay. Don’t worry. It’s just your singing was so beautiful. I never heard someone’s voice as beautiful as yours.” Youngjae smiled.

“Thank you. And now it’s your turn.” Daehyun patted Youngjae’s head and stood in front of him.

“B-but I’m not as good as yours.”

“I know your voice is good too. I will always support you even if you sing like a frog calling for rain.” Daehyun said.

The end of Youngjae’s lips tugged upwards as he heard the other’s words, “Erm, if I sing like a frog, then I’m the Prince Frog right?”

Daehyun chuckled and ruffled the other’s hair affectionately, “Then you need someone to kiss you so that you can be a human again right?” Youngjae nodded, “Now sing.”

He started to sing his favourite song but on the last line of his song, he couldn’t finish it because tears started to roll down his chubby cheeks like rivulet, a few sniffles could be heard. His butler was worried seeing him crying out of sudden. Youngjae took the photo frame of his parents on the nightstand and traced his finger on his mom then his dad. Daehyun sat beside Youngjae on the edge of the bed, trying to comfort him by rubbing soothing circle on his back.

“You miss them?” Youngjae nodded. “Shhh.. don’t cry. They won’t be happy if they see you crying like this.”

“W-when I was a kid, I-I always sang to them. I-I said I want to sing on the s-stage, i-in front of everyone, a-and I want the audience to c-clap for me.” He slowly leaned to Daehyun and put his head on the shoulder.

“You can achieve it. Prove it to your parents that you can and make them happy. I’m sure they are watching you from up there, smiling while seeing their son grows up.”

Youngjae nodded slowly while hugging the photo frame tightly against his chest. A few minutes of silence passed as Youngjae started to feel sleepy and soon he was drifted to sleep on Daehyun’s lap. The butler the blonde’s hair while humming to a song that his mom always sang to him when he was a kid. He laid his master on the bed before he put the duvet on top of him, covering his body before he left the room.

 

 

 

“Youngjaeee yaahhhh!!!!!” Himchan was shouting from the end of the hallway when he spotted the familiar blonde mop walking with his butler trailing behind.

The blonde turned around to see Himchan was running towards him while grinning widely, “Uh, Himchan hyung?”

Himchan stopped in front of the younger while panting heavily, inhaled deeply before he spoke, “Why you didn’t come to school yesterday? I missed you Youngjae ya!!”

“Oh? I’m sorry. I was sick but now I’m okay.” The blonde smiled at his hyung.

“You’re sick?!! Why you didn’t tell me?!” Himchan was practically half shouting at the younger.

“I’m okay hyung. Don’t worry. Daehyun could take care of me.”

“Daehyun? Aww~ so sweet!! I envy you!!”

“W-what? Hyung stop it.”

“Okay then. I will go now. See you later. Byeeeeee!!!” Himchan hugged Youngjae before he left the smiling blond.

What a weird hyung. He thought

 

 

 

As Youngjae reached his classroom, he found that the door was slightly opened and he wondered who were already in the class. He opened the door just to freeze in his spot as he saw the scene of a kissing pair who didn’t notice him at the door. He blinked a few times before he cleared his throat, making the pair parted immediately before looking towards the door. Youngjae’s face was pink tinted as he made his way to his table and sat on the chair quietly without even greeting at his friend.

“Good morning.” Baekhyun greeted.

“Uh-oh. G-good morning.”

“Why are you blushing?” Baekhyun raised an eyebrow while looking at the blonde who was staring at his table.

“I-I’m not.”

“Yes, you are. Obviously.”

“Anyway, a-are you and Chanyeol is something?”

“Yeah. We are a couple now.” Baekhyun was grinning at him, “I confessed to him. I thought he didn’t like me, so I was afraid to confess but his words encourage me that’s why I confessed to him even though I’m afraid of being rejected.”

“R-really? Congrats then.” Youngjae said.

“Ah thank you, Youngjae ssi.” The boy smiled sheepishly, “By the way, will you join the school event?”

“Yes!! I have listened to Daehyunnie’s voice. His voice is good!!”

“Really?! I can’t wait to listen to both of you.”

“Me too.”

“We’ll see then.” Baekhyun smirked at the blonde beside him as the bell had rung, meaning the start of the first period.

 

 

 

“How is it? He will join?”

“Yes master.”

“Good. You know what to do right?”

“I know, master.”

“Good. Yoo Youngjae, just you wait.” The person laughed.

 


this is short because i wanna make the next chapter longer. (excuse that doesnt make sense)

i like reading your comments <-- na mean.